No more speciality coffee cocktails at Bacio??

nijh

My DM and DS are just off the Eclipse, sailing RT Southampton to the Canary Islands.

Cafe Al Bacio had no page in the menu for the alcoholic speciality coffees - Cafe Kingston, Ole, Aspen etc. When they asked they were told the menu had changed and there were no more alcohol based coffees available at Bacio's.

They were also told that if they wanted one then the Passport Bar would make one - but apparently these were very basic ‘Irish Coffee’ type offerings.

Please tell me this isn't a fleet wide change? :(

Celebrity Cruises please respond on whether or not this is going to be a new "cut" on all X ships or is it just that whoever is running this area of Eclipse is making changes not approved by corporate, and if that is the case then get the info to whoever it needs to be sent to fix this issue.....please!!!!

Some please tell me what an Aspen Coffee is please :confused:

I hopefully will get to try one in two weeks time :D

1/3 shot of each: Frangelica, Baileys, Kahluaha....poured over coffee

which is served in a stemmed glass.:D.....it is one of my alltime favorite

libations......:)....I will be on Reflection next Saturday and am certainly

hoping they are still serving it......

just off the reflection on 10/20 and enjoyed quite a few different coffee drinks with alcohol from cafe al bacio

Awesome!!!!! thanks so much:):)

Edited by Lois R

I KNEW you would know the receipe. ;)

Have a great cruise. :)

Lois

us too...we serve it at home and is a huge fav....

see you next Sat on Reflection

On Eclipse now. The menu page is gone from cafe al Bacio menu, but th aspen coffee is still available there, I just had one.

I sure hope Eclipse gets it right before next spring.....we love our spec. coffees after dinner......

Celebrity Cruises....how about letting us know if this is just Eclipse on a solo venture to eliminate this or is it going system wide?????:eek:

I keep asking Celebrity to bottle it and sell it but I guess they don't seem to be interested. It's way to involved for me to make at home.

Plus you will need a Vitamix 750 Blender :D I figured out why they call it the 750, it is because that is the MSRP. :eek:

It is like most recipes or cocktails. They involve many pinches of this or splashs of that. You end up purchasing many items that may never be used again or spoil before making the next batch or many times it ends up not liking it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I sure hope Eclipse gets it right before next spring.....we love our spec. coffees after dinner......

Celebrity Cruises....how about letting us know if this is just Eclipse on a solo venture to eliminate this or is it going system wide?????:eek:

On Eclipse now. The menu page is gone from cafe al Bacio menu, but the aspen coffee is still available there, I just had one.

I think WestLakeGirl has answered your question? She just had one on the Eclipse. Why the menu page is missing? Who knows? But then it is our beloved "X" and they are well known for being inconsistent. ;)

I think WestLakeGirl has answered your question? She just had one on the Eclipse. Why the menu page is missing? Who knows? But then it is our beloved "X" and they are well known for being inconsistent. ;)

well she answered the question as to what is going on on Eclipse right now BUT not the overall question of whether this is going to be a systemwide change in the coming days/weeks/months.....would like Celebrity Cruises to address this....IF no other reason to communicate that it is NOT going to be a fleetwide change and get Eclipse back on board with the rest of the fleet....

Yep - just to clarify, it was Guest Relations who were asked and replied that the menu had changed and they were no longer available.

amazing that one ship can just change something like that, one would think corporate would "rule" as far as what is offered on menus in every restaurant/lounge on the ship.....

guess we'll just have to find someone else willing to make Spanish coffees when we are on her next year....

unless they "fix" this before then...

amazing that one ship can just change something like that, one would think corporate would "rule" as far as what is offered on menus in every restaurant/lounge on the ship.....

guess we'll just have to find someone else willing to make Spanish coffees when we are on her next year....

I am finding out that there are "rogue" ships within the Celebrity fleet! :eek:

The one I find to be the most rogue is the Infinity...as many things have been reported from people sailing on her that are not the "norm" on the other ships. I just hope they get this all straightened out. There has got to be some consistency throughout!!

I perfectly understand your concerns. I had similar ones concerning my upcoming cruise on the Connie and had to be reassured by Mr. Bayley's office that policies had not changed. (I don't think corporate even knows what is happening on some of their ships which, of course, is most unfortunate, and needs to be fixed!)

You mean like where one poster recently reported that Summit started removing all ashtrays from the Sunset bar area port side until 9pm? Apparently to not have smokers there during food hours. Seems a really silly place to have smokers anyway, especially cigar and pipe smokers. I wonder what area they have shifted them to with this change.

I'd like to know if anyone else has heard of this?