Hunky Dory is on the Maasdam!

albingirl

At the risk of sounding "uninformed" :D .... who is Hunky Dory?

"Hunky Dory" was the name a former Lido/dining steward went by when he had that position. He endeared himself to many passengers by remembering their names from the first, and even when he saw them again on another cruise.

He has since been promoted, and now goes by his own name, Imam (iirc).

Just got off the Maasdam, Iman/Hunky Dory is the Main Dining Room Manager. We were a party of seven and he sat us at our table for our embarkation lunch and he learned and remembered all our names and greeted us every night with the correct names. It was great to see him again as the last time was on the Zuiderdam back in 2009 in the Lido.

We encountered Hunky Dory 3 times before I realized who he was. My DH is Wayne and he would call him John Wayne. Imagine our surprise to be remembered by him the last 2 times! He is what "hospitality" is all about!

Funny you would say this as there was another dining steward who had the same 'game'...... He called himself John Wayne. :)

Many of the dining/cabin stewards seem to have remarkable memories and recall former guests far more often than I would. :o A few picked up on this talent and used it as a friendly game with guests. Those who really enjoyed it often tipped at the end of the cruise. :)

Funny you would say this as there was another dining steward who had the same 'game'...... He called himself John Wayne. :)

Many of the dining/cabin stewards seem to have remarkable memories and recall former guests far more often than I would. :o A few picked up on this talent and used it as a friendly game with guests. Those who really enjoyed it often tipped at the end of the cruise. :)

I found that "John Wayne" was much better at remembering our names than Hunky Dory was....had one cruise with each of them. Maybe it was just an off cruise for HD, but he didn't get it right once.