What is CP here on CC?

OctoberKat

Not sure about CP, but you need to go to the Community Guidelines. They among other things talk about the Do's and Don'ts of posting.

Note: if your post was deleted and I only saw the last one deleted. Then that post must have had something not allowed. Asking for or asking the name is a big no no for example. As is questioning why a post was removed (why your last post disappeared). It's confusing sometimes but read the rules...., I've had my own issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by nana541

And I would find that where?

Top of the main board... Under new users. Just cruise around I'm on an iPhone and don't remember on the regular site where everything is as I mostly use the CC App.

Octoberkat, in your User profile (user CP) you will find tabs, look for one that says Guideline Reminders, sometimes Admin will spell out what was wrong with your post that caused it to be removed.

I only know the reason for the last, I saw it and then it was gone.... In that post you asked if you were crazy. Well no you weren't !!! Not allowed to question the reason why, you are suppose to already know.

Sorry I can't help more... cruise critic is an incredible resource but they have posting rules and they don't always make sense.

The moderators will not give out a specific reason why a post was deleted, just a "form" notification on your profile that "posts are deleted for violations of forum guidelines". Also, any post or e-mail to a moderator asking why a post is deleted will result in the same "boiler plate" notification. Their forum, their rules.

The moderators will not give out a specific reason why a post was deleted, just a "form" notification on your profile that "posts are deleted for violations of forum guidelines". Also, any post or e-mail to a moderator asking why a post is deleted will result in the same "boiler plate" notification. Their forum, their rules.

They actually sent me a notification setting out the precise word that caused the deletion, it was a word that I don't think anyone know would have found offensive [even the clergymen], however I am now especially careful and I agree their forum their rules.

I have been advised to check "CP" here on CC regarding disappearing posts but I don't know what that is. Newbie.

Do you mean they were deleted or you just cannot find them?

Click on your user I.D. then find all posts you may see them there

To see our Guidelines, please click here: Cruise Critic Posting Guidelines

If you had a post removed and want to get a further explanation, posting such a request will never get you an answer because other members would have no clue. As you'll see in the Guidelines, if you want further information about a removed post you should send an email to community@cruisecritic.com. Include your Cruise Critic member name and the name of the forum in which the post was made.

Also, one common situation occurs because your settings in the User Control Panel (UserCP) cause older messages not to be displayed. To check your settings, go to UserCP, then click on the Edit Options link. That brings up the various user options that you can choose.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Host Walt
Correct spelling error