New Deal Is OBC

mxylpic

That's what we did on our first cruise, before discovering Cruise Critic.:o

Mine as well. Booked our first 2 cruises and never knew about bring able to get price drops. For that matter never even knew that they dropped their prices.

My feeling is that the majority of the population is like this. The TA that I used at the time certainly didn't volunteer any information that would cause her commission to go down.

Mine as well. Booked our first 2 cruises and never knew about bring able to get price drops. For that matter never even knew that they dropped their prices.

My feeling is that the majority of the population is like this. The TA that I used at the time certainly didn't volunteer any information that would cause her commission to go down.

I agree. I think more people do NOT check prices then do check them.

We used a travel agent the first two cruises and no mention was made of possible price drops. It wasn't until we found our current travel agent that we found someone who actually makes sure we have the lowest price before she makes final payment.

We used a travel agent the first two cruises and no mention was made of possible price drops. It wasn't until we found our current travel agent that we found someone who actually makes sure we have the lowest price before she makes final payment.

Seems like a lot of TA's are being very shortsighted and focus on that cruiser as a one off and not interested in the long term investment in that customer.....hmm sounds a little bit like RCI lately.:eek:

While we no longer use a TA, when we did the first thing our TA said when we called to book our first cruise was, "this cruise line is notorious for price changes and often does resident discounts and price drops if cabins aren't selling well. I watch their site every day and if they change anything to your benefit, I'll take care of it for you." About a month after we booked, the TA called and let us know that the cruise line was offering a Florida resident rate, and that our cost just went down by almost $500. Unfortunately, the TA eventually retired, and we never could find another one with that level of customer service, so we started booking on our own and checking prices daily(like the TA taught us).:)

Just like air fare, you book it and are done. We booked with a TA at the beginning and didn't know about CC.

You mean there are people out there that book a new cruise and then never look back? :eek: I think I look up prices almost daily. They won't fool us!

What I mean is they are new bookings and have nothing to compare back to, so it looks like a good deal to them. Yes, many people don't bother to check prices: they just accept the price as fixed. I'm one of the few that book with my TA that do price check.

When I daily, if not twice a day checked prices for our Allure cruise 11/30/2014, I found a price drop for the suites. We were able to pay about $300 per person to get our dream fulfilled of an Owners Suite. Very happy to pay that amount. The prices are down again today even further for our sailing--I was only checking for suite prices. So I personally did find a sale price from what the prices were before.