Train Travel Cost

PG13

I was looking for the cost of train travel between Rome and Civitavecchia. I tried to check it out on line but it keeps saying can't find. Anyway just approximate cost, it usually changes based on time of day. Figured we'd head over around 9-10 and return after supper. Thanks

The train takes anywhere from 45 minutes to about 1 1/2 hours depending on which train you take. The slowest, the regionale can only be purchased 7 days in advance and cost 5 euros. The frecciabianca, the fastest can by purchased I earlier and costs 9 euros. Could be you are not finding results because you are entering a date too far in the future. To check pricing and schedules just put in a day next week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Regional train prices do not change, only the IC and Frecce trains have lower price options.

The current price for a regional train ticket between Civitavecchia and Rome Termini is 5 Euro (it's slightly less at €4,60 if using Rome S. Pietro, Trastevere, or Ostiense).

The 5-zone BIRG ticket costs 12 Euro and covers both regional train travel between Civitavecchia and Rome as well as unlimited use of the metro, buses, and trams in Rome for the full day. You can purchase this ticket from the newsstand in the Civitavecchia station.

Edited by euro cruiser

That sounds really reasonable. We will be staying at port pre-cruise and thought to take the Train into Rome 2-3 days. So we'd want the fastest way to get to Rome I would think. Why would we consider a regional, they tend to stop a lot. So were talking less than $15 a day for the 5-zone BRIG, round trip or do we need another for return trip?

Thank you to all of you.

Pat

Regional train prices do not change, only the IC and Frecce trains have lower price options.

The current price for a regional train ticket between Civitavecchia and Rome Termini is 5 Euro (it's slightly less at €4,60 if using Rome S. Pietro, Trastevere, or Ostiense).

The 5-zone BIRG ticket costs 12 Euro and covers both regional train travel between Civitavecchia and Rome as well as unlimited use of the metro, buses, and trams in Rome for the full day. You can purchase this ticket from the newsstand in the Civitavecchia station.

That sounds really reasonable. We will be staying at port pre-cruise and thought to take the Train into Rome 2-3 days. So we'd want the fastest way to get to Rome I would think. Why would we consider a regional, they tend to stop a lot. So were talking less than $15 a day for the 5-zone BRIG, round trip or do we need another for return trip?

Thank you to all of you.

Pat

If you are going to be taking the train to Rome for 2-3 days, why not plan on staying in Rome itself -- saving you 2-3 hours of commuting there and back every day?

Edited by cruisemom42