BOGOHO is gone on both cruises we

I think that the early May prices were a big pricing mistake by RCI. It appears that they started a sale without making sure that they had their cost points in line.

The price jumps that happened the second week of May, shows that they may have made an oops and quickly made up for it.

I LOVED the May Sale, we got JS's for 2 B2B cruises for less than we were willing to pay for D1 balconies. We jump from Gold to Platinum to Emerald in just 4 legs, and will be in striking distance to Diamond with just two more cruise dates.

I booked a couple of cruises right before the BOGOHO sale went into effect, and my price point was MUCH lower than the BOGOHO cost. (as in $1,000 less for the cheapest balcony on Navigator). For me the BOGO was no sale at all.

But personally, I think the BOGO probably worked extremely well for RCI and resulted in greater numbers of bookings and less availability on many cruises, so they can charge through the roof for limited inventory left on some sailings.

As a cruiser, I'm not personally a fan of their "sales" but I think from an investor's standpoint, they may be genius.

I think that the early May prices were a big pricing mistake by RCI. It appears that they started a sale without making sure that they had their cost points in line.

The price jumps that happened the second week of May, shows that they may have made an oops and quickly made up for it.

I LOVED the May Sale, we got JS's for 2 B2B cruises for less than we were willing to pay for D1 balconies. We jump from Gold to Platinum to Emerald in just 4 legs, and will be in striking distance to Diamond with just two more cruise dates.

I used to think that the May 1 thru 7th of BOGHO prices were mistakes as well. But I'm beginning to believe otherwise now. RCL is on record for stating in the near & immediate future, disounts at or near sailing dates were going to cease. I starting to believe now their price strategy was to discount very heavy upfront. The pricing in the first week of May was very very good prices. I don't see how a company the size of RCL could or would allow a 'mistake of this nature to last for a full week. Cabins on many different cruises was snapped up during this week. We booked three cruises ourselves. Just my theory anyway. If it holds true, I like it. It rewards the loyals with great pricing and those who plan ahead. Those that don't, well they will pay the supply & demand pricing.

I booked a couple of cruises right before the BOGOHO sale went into effect, and my price point was MUCH lower than the BOGOHO cost. (as in $1,000 less for the cheapest balcony on Navigator). For me the BOGO was no sale at all.

But personally, I think the BOGO probably worked extremely well for RCI and resulted in greater numbers of bookings and less availability on many cruises, so they can charge through the roof for limited inventory left on some sailings.

As a cruiser, I'm not personally a fan of their "sales" but I think from an investor's standpoint, they may be genius.

Did you book before May 1st ?

For the most part, I've only seen prices go up with the exception of balcony cabins on the Jewel in January. Balconies were selling for less than insides and OVs over one weekend only.

For our July 2015 cruise to the Norwegian Fjords, the price on our inside has gone up $3200 for the cabin for three people. In this case, the BOGOHO helped. It may also be a limited case because it's a very specific and limited itinerary with only one or two next summer.

I booked our Sept 06, 2015 cruise on Freedom back in May when it was first announced & I booked a JS for $1,179 for first person & then $589.00 for second person & we got our Diamond Discount of $225.00. I priced it last night & a JS has gone UP TO $2,181.00 EACH!!!! To us, that's a HUGE SAVINGS IN OUR FAVOR!! So for us, the BOGO was a TREMENDOUS HELP! :eek:

I called on May 1 to get the balcony discount applied to our 11/2/15 Serenade cruise (I think I had originally paid about $3200 for a D1). C & A offered to adjust for the BOGO and with the balcony discount, the new total price was $2475.

When I do a mock booking logged in, the current price for a D1 is $5106 with my balcony discount. When I do a mock booking without logging in, my total cost would be $5331 with a $600 OBC. Unbelievable!

Originally Posted by bighairtexan viewpost.gif

Did you book before May 1st ?

That was going to be my question too. There are web sites out there that track and keep a history of cruise prices and their daily ups and downs, and the May 1st - May 3rd BOGOHO prices were the lowest of the last year or so. It's possible that bighairtexan was referring to one of the follow-up BOGOHO sales.

Prices go up.

Prices go down.

One promotion benefits one kind of cruiser.

Another promotion helps out another.

It really shouldn't be the huge source of angst that it seems to be.

Stuff happens.

100%- Its a promotion not a sale on cruise prices and rci does not say its a sale

Book your cruise to any of our exciting destinations between November 1-16, 2014, and get up to $1000 onboard credit. (excluding Quantum of the Seas® and Anthem of the Seas®)

For a limited time we'll give you a little extra by giving you up to $1000 free onboard spending money for specialty dining, beverage packages, shore excursions and more. Spend your cash your way. Only on Royal. Live for the WOW

Funny how people keep comparing a non sale to past prices

Edited by setsail

Its about time!!! Our July 11 Liberty cruise to Bermuda in a GS booked jumped about $1400 after BOGOHO was over. Will continue to watch prices.Paying a higher price for More OBC and an additional shipboard credit didn't seem worth it to us.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by sauvichick