Regal Princess FLL arrival & pre-christening schedule?

dmwnc1959

I don't have any plans yet on a cruise, however, I will be down in Fort Lauderdale in two weeks so I hope to at least see the Regal Princess when she is in port!

Any BVE's scheduled while you're down there? Might make for a nice lunch if you can get one for Regal Princess!

;)

Any BVE's scheduled while you're down there? Might make for a nice lunch if you can get one for Regal Princess!

;)

You know, I didn't even consider that. I should look into it, thanks for thinking of that Dave. :)

Yes, indeed I do remember! I followed you and Scott last year on the Royal Princess inaugural out of Fort Lauderdale and got some tasty ideas like the Brownie Blast Sundae with Nutella ice cream at Gelato's! YUM!!'

:D

DW and I had two of those last December because of that thread. The Nutella gelato made it extra delicious. Thanks for the tip, Macusr;

Hey, Dave.

Paul

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Carole,

Lots of familiar 'faces' popping up on this thread, and it's really nice to hear from everyone again! :D

I'm not sure what time in the morning they'll both be pulling in on the 18th, and I'm sure it'll be well before daylight, but it would make for some neat pictures if you can get them from up on Deck 19 amidships looking across the pool decks towards Royal Princess once they're both moored. Chances are they'll both be at the exact same terminals on that day. You should be able to get a couple before you have to be in your assigned area for self-disembarkation.

Im still sad you're not on the Jan 18th Sailing with us Dave. Will try to get pictures of the sister ships!

We were on the Regal on her maiden Atlantic crossing. She is just as beautiful as the Royal and we liked the tweaks that were done.

The food was excellent as we had the master chef for all Princess ships on board and the plans for a brand new Caribbean menu are said to be exciting and different. They wouldn't tell us what the menu consisted of.....but let's book a cruise and find out.

They also talked a lot about Princess being pregnant again with another Royal Class ship on the way. Again, no talk about the changes but I don't expect a midship stairway - which by the way is OK with me.

We are looking forward to watching the ceremony Thursday and would love to have been there.

We were on the Regal on her maiden Atlantic crossing. She is just as beautiful as the Royal and we liked the tweaks that were done.

The food was excellent as we had the master chef for all Princess ships on board and the plans for a brand new Caribbean menu are said to be exciting and different. They wouldn't tell us what the menu consisted of.....but let's book a cruise and find out.

They also talked a lot about Princess being pregnant again with another Royal Class ship on the way. Again, no talk about the changes but I don't expect a midship stairway - which by the way is OK with me.

We are looking forward to watching the ceremony Thursday and would love to have been there.

Thanks for your impressions of the Regal. We are getting excited as the day of embarkation for us is a month away. :D

DW and I had two of those last December because of that thread. The Nutella gelato made it extra delicious. Thanks for the tip, Macusr;

Hey, Dave.

Paul

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm always happy to share food tips!!!

Daveeeeeeee. As you can see DH and I are doing our usual December sailing won't be the same without you :( Hope you and grey kitty are well. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Hi Andrea,

I'll miss doing a December cruise since I've done that as B2B's for the past several years. Unfortunatley my priorities have changed for the time being, and not having something to look forward to, a countdown for packing and getting things ready, has really left me a bit on the depressed side. So I'll live vicariously (like that's even a good substitute;) lol) through Live threads and cruise reports of those sailing Regal Princess and Royal Princess. Once the new build begins for the next ship, then I'll perk up a bit. ;)

Hi Dave, Great to see you posting again! We will be on the Regal Nov 6th for the 3 day & all your photos and detailed description of the Royal has informed us a bunch since the Regal should be similar being sister ships. Thanks for all your info you have told everyone about :) !!

Hi Dave:

Sorry that you will not be joining us this December cruise. We loved being with you on the Royal, your friendship to all is inspiring. We will miss the bearded one with the roving camera. Just stay well so we will have you joining us once again in the near future. Looking forward to hearing from you on this blog. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

The Kids

Hi Dave... Good to see you back on Cruise Critic.. It makes me remember all the great times we had on the Royal last year.. It was such a wonderful time, and we think of you and John and Tom often.. let us know when you are planning on sailing the next time... we will try to join you (if we are still around).. ha...

We are leaving on the Caribbean Princess on Sunday for a quick 5 day cruise.. It was very inexpensive and came with a $400.00 OBC.. too good to pass up, although I seem to remember that you did not enjoy that ship... Hopefully it will be good, but could never compare to our Royal Back to back....

Take care and give Grey Kitty a hug from us... :D

Bob and Jackie

Hi Dave, Great to see you posting again! We will be on the Regal Nov 6th for the 3 day & all your photos and detailed description of the Royal has informed us a bunch since the Regal should be similar being sister ships. Thanks for all your info you have told everyone about :) !!

TODAY is your day!!! I'm so excited for everyone going on Regal Princess this winter. Have a great cruise and don't forget to come back with your impressions of the ship.

Im still sad you're not on the Jan 18th Sailing with us Dave. Will try to get pictures of the sister ships!

That would be GREAT! I'm hoping Princess Cruises does something special that day when the two ships depart out at 4pm. It would make for an incredible photo op.

Hi Dave... Good to see you back on Cruise Critic.. It makes me remember all the great times we had on the Royal last year.. It was such a wonderful time, and we think of you and John and Tom often.. let us know when you are planning on sailing the next time... we will try to join you (if we are still around).. ha...

We are leaving on the Caribbean Princess on Sunday for a quick 5 day cruise.. It was very inexpensive and came with a $400.00 OBC.. too good to pass up, although I seem to remember that you did not enjoy that ship... Hopefully it will be good, but could never compare to our Royal Back to back....

Take care and give Grey Kitty a hug from us... :D

Bob and Jackie

Hi Bob and Jackie!

Yes, that 2-weeks last year on Royal Princess will be very hard, if not impossible, for me to top. Fantastic combination of food, friends, and a great ship. For me personally, all other cruises will pale in comparison.

Well, it looks like I slept through the whole naming ceremony and fireworks tonight. Been rather sick and that 'nighttime cold medicine' really knocked me out when combined with melatonin - that probably wasn't a good idea.

Enjoy Caribbean Princess!

Hi Dave:

Sorry that you will not be joining us this December cruise. We loved being with you on the Royal, your friendship to all is inspiring. We will miss the bearded one with the roving camera. Just stay well so we will have you joining us once again in the near future. Looking forward to hearing from you on this blog. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

The Kids

Hi Sheila and Marty,

You'll have to carry the torch (and camera) for me this year lol ;).

I'm planning a short getaway myself probably the second or third week of December; a quick drive back down to North Carolina to visit some folks. It's not a 'cruise' but it'll get me out of the house for a while.

I hope your Regal Princess cruise is even better than our experience from last year on Royal Princess!

Eyes glued to the web cams. Getting ready to watch the sailaway.

Me too. We will be on her Sunday. I'm so excited! The Hyatt isn't showing the whole ship so I can't see if she's fired up her engines yet. I think she's leaving before the Vision of Seas. CB just left.