Princess Cruises to Offer Discovery Channel Activities, Shore Excursions

LauraS

Sounds exciting. I hope it works and not just for children.

On all the cruises the wife and I have been on I've always commented on "wouldn't it be great to dim the lights a little bit and actually see the stars". How many people would be amazed to see the Milky Way instead of just the stars they can see from their back yard.

Great opportunity.

On all the cruises the wife and I have been on I've always commented on "wouldn't it be great to dim the lights a little bit and actually see the stars". How many people would be amazed to see the Milky Way instead of just the stars they can see from their back yard.

DH is going to be happy about this. Another opportunity to school me in the constellations (which has been pretty much a dismal failure so far. :p)

When I was on the Island earlier this year, I spent some time on a couple of evenings out on the secret deck forward on deck 10. It was dark up there because the bridge is right above it, and the stars were amazing. I saw some shooting stars one night.

I am really looking forward to seeing the stars and maybe some Animal Planet tours. But especially the stars. We are doing 3 weeks on the Regal in January and 10 days on the Royal over Easter and I booked forward facing cabins L 101 and L103 on the Regal and L108 on the Royal, just to see the stars from the front of the ship where I am pretty certain it is dark although very windy at night.

Since I have lamented the loss of lecturers on Caribbean cruises I will be hoping this helps fill the void a bit.

I am so excited Princess finally figured out that not only people over 50 are sailing the brand ;)

We love Princess and are looking forward to Alaska with our 6 yo DS next summer! He loves Discovery and Animal planet, so this partnership is great news for us.

I am so excited Princess finally figured out that not only people over 50 are sailing the brand ;)

We love Princess and are looking forward to Alaska with our 6 yo DS next summer! He loves Discovery and Animal planet, so this partnership is great news for us.

You will find that the Princess kids' facilities are great--and were even before this new announcement.