Upsell to a window suite - very excited!!

pompeii

Had a Window Suite in 2011 - was my first suite. Loved it!! It was a cool weather cruise so we didn't miss the balcony. The perks and gorgeous room spoiled us, though - now we book suites for most of our trips. It's really hard to go back. :p

Edited by Go-Bucks!

We had the same experience. We had a window suite for our Hawaii cruise on the Golden. It was a rough crossing and the squeaking and groaning woke me up all the time. Which suite did you have? This was in F307. We have booked F309 for our Mexico cruise in April and I'm hoping it's quieter. For me, the location and all that space plus the suite benefits were enough to compensate for the squeaking and groaning.

Make sure you ask a Captain's Circle rep for you double cruise credits. Those don't seem to happen automatically for an upsell.

We've had F307 on the Golden to Hawaii and F301 on Caribbean in Caribbean. F307 is the larger of the two but was noisy. But who really cares about those rattles and creeks, I just looked forward to breakfast!

We just got an upsell offer for our trip leaving on Sunday. Glad we decided to take it as it appears that everyone's been pleased with their Window Suites (we'll have F303). As someone said earlier, it's the only way we'll be able to afford a suite - might as well make the best of it!

Grey

Edited by Greyhound3

That isn't true. I called Princess and spoke to a Captain's Circle rep about our upsell and getting the second credit. She told me they don't give the second credit for upgrades but they do for upsells if you ask. Ask and you shall receive! But only the Captain's Circle rep can give it.

When we were offered the upsell the rep specifically told us that the perk we would not be eligible to receive was the additional credit given for booking a suite. Out of 10 of us none of us received a credit for the suite.

I'm so excited! Last night we got an email offering an upsell to a window suite on our 5-day Caribbean for $129 extra. We were booked in an obstructed OV, so we called back and left a vm saying we were interested. We just got the call back and we are now the proud occupants of our very first suite!

I know a lot of people will say that the extra $25 pp extra per day wouldn't be worth it, but since this is the only way we'll ever occupy a suite, it's worth it to us! Plus we keep our existing OBC and get the 2 cruise credits. So excited!!:D:D:D

How exciting! I would have taken that offer as well. Enjoy your suite

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When we were offered the upsell the rep specifically told us that the perk we would not be eligible to receive was the additional credit given for booking a suite. Out of 10 of us none of us received a credit for the suite.

We were told the same thing when we accepted the upsell offer. Then I read on here that people had called and got the extra credit. So I called and got it, too. You might give it a try. Make sure you ask the rep if you can talk to a Captain Circle person. It's worth it if you're not yet elite. Good luck.:D

We just got an upsell offer for our trip leaving on Sunday. Glad we decided to take it as it appears that everyone's been pleased with their Window Suites (we'll have F303). As someone said earlier, it's the only way we'll be able to afford a suite - might as well make the best of it!

Grey

Yeah! Enjoy!

Grey

Lucky you! Enjoy your cruise!

We had the same upsell to a WS on the Grand and loved it. We did not find it noisy.

As far as the extra credit went, we did not get it, and when I asked about it on our next cruise was told, too bad, you don't get it. Now, I think I will call and ask about it. We getting close to Elite and could use the extra credit.

Ohiodoglover

We had the same upsell to a WS on the Grand and loved it. We did not find it noisy.

As far as the extra credit went, we did not get it, and when I asked about it on our next cruise was told, too bad, you don't get it. Now, I think I will call and ask about it. We getting close to Elite and could use the extra credit.

Ohiodoglover

I love Princess but I think we all know that the answer you get depends on who you talk to. Try again and good luck!

For those of you that were offered the upsell to the WS, what type of cabin were you originally booked in? I'm curious which people Princess is targeting these offers at. I'm sort of guessing you were booked in standard outside cabins since there would be no balcony to give up, but I'm not sure about that.

Thanks!

For those of you that were offered the upsell to the WS, what type of cabin were you originally booked in? I'm curious which people Princess is targeting these offers at. I'm sort of guessing you were booked in standard outside cabins since there would be no balcony to give up, but I'm not sure about that.

Thanks!

The three cabins we had were all oceanview cabins. I think we got the offer maybe 2 weeks or so before sailing?

Thanks!

We were originally in an obstructed oceanview on Emerald deck.

Grey

We also were in an OV obstructed cabin. DH was walking to someone at the PSD onboard and she said the earlier you book the more likely you are to get an offer. Don't know how true that is in general, but we did book about 6 months out.

Just fyi......the 2nd cruise credit for the suite never did show up on our profile, so dh called last night and the csr at the regular 800 number was able to add it. We didn't have to speak to the captain's circle people. As far as I could tell from our end of the conversation, there wasn't any concern about it being an upsell instead of a regular booking. As usual, ymmv.

I spoke to the Captain's Circle host (Tiago - great guy!) while onboard the Golden and the additional credit was added right then and there. No problem with it being an upsell.

Grey

Edited by Greyhound3

I spoke to the Captain's Circle host (Tiago - great guy!) while onboard the Golden and the additional credit was added right then and there. No problem with it being an upsell.

Grey

Yes, Tiago is the best Captain Circle Host in the fleet. I'm glad you mentioned him by name!