Oriana buffet closed

rainbowhays

I have received an email from P&O stating that for our cruise the starts Thursday the buffet restaurant will be closed for the duration of the cruise for maintenance. To say we are not very happy about this is an understatement. What are our options?

I have just received this e-mail too! Is it the main buffet because it says "Alfresco" restaurant - I wondered if it was like the pizza places out by the pool?

The e-mail says we can use the Ocean Grill for breakfast and lunch but it doesn't say if there is a charge...

Alfresco is the very small buffet that is only open for breakfast and lunch and not the main buffet restaurant that is virtually open all day. Unless you knew Alfresco you wouldnt really know it was there and cannot imagine it would make a lot of difference to the cruise.

Alfresco is the very small buffet that is only open for breakfast and lunch and not the main buffet restaurant that is virtually open all day. Unless you knew Alfresco you wouldnt really know it was there and cannot imagine it would make a lot of difference to the cruise.

Thanks for that - it's only 4 days anyway so should be fine :)

Thanks for that - it's only 4 days anyway so should be fine :)

Ha ha, only four days, you'll never find it in that time.

It's a bit cramped in there anyway so I reckon you will be better off in the Ocean Grill.

When we were on Oriana, AlFresco was also open for late supper - but while it was lovely, it is so small that there was often a queue to get in.

That's confusing, why would you be told that the buffet was closed and you could use the Ocean Grill if it was only Al Fresco that was closed? The MDR is always available for breakfast.

The OP hasn't come back but my e-mail only said "Al fresco" and didn't say it was the main buffet. I was planning on trying the MDR for breakfast anyway.