Sandwich/canape/cheese plates??

chill6x6

Is there a charge for them? We were invited to a private party in a suite, and the cheese plates were comparable to what you would have at home. I thought the hosts paid for them.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Is there a charge for them? We were invited to a private party in a suite, and the cheese plates were comparable to what you would have at home. I thought the hosts paid for them.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

depends. if they catered it then yes there was a charge. RS has a fee from midnight to 5 am. you can also easily go up to the buffet and make your own plates to go.

if you are in a GS or up, you can almost certainly count on a small plate of SOMETHING being delivered on Formal nights. usually cheese and crackers on the first, small desserts the second.

In the past on RCCL sailings we have been able to order cheese/fruit platters, cookies, sandwiches, etc. directly through the tv, very rarely have we had to call to order anything. But for drinks there was a charge listed, even for juice. Enjoy your cruise!

In the past on RCCL sailings we have been able to order cheese/fruit platters, cookies, sandwiches, etc. directly through the tv, very rarely have we had to call to order anything. But for drinks there was a charge listed, even for juice. Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, on most ships you can order room service from the tv rather than calling, but it's all the same thing.

I believe they have the cheese plates listed under desserts on the menu for some reason.

Cheese plates were still in dessert menu on Explorer this past Aug. wasn't great though. I made a better plate at WJ for apps every night

My cheese plates were always pre made and it was evident it was wrapped in cling film. The cheese was often Hard and sweating in the plastic.

I suppose when you are catering for hundreds at the same time it is understandable.

After a nice chat with my Wait Staff, a plate was made fresh at the time of ordering. Nice and enjoyable.:)

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers

Just found this thread, and thought I would resurrect it as I am a great lover of cheese :D

I usually order the cheese plate in the MDR as my dessert. I have been able to do so in the past even when it wasn't on the menu. Once I mentioned my disappointment on the lack of blue cheese one evening, our waiter then brought a plate for the whole table every evening for the rest of the cruise :)

We usually have late seating for dinner, so if I want a early snack, I go to the Windjammer when it opens in the evening. They have a good selection to choose from and you can make your own plate to your taste with crudités or fruit.