123 All inclusive, nice for some

jveevers

So the 123go ended a couple of days ago. Sad because I wasn't in a position to book my Europe July 2015 cruise but now I am. So delighted to hear about the new 123 all-inclusive which for my Europe sailing gives me all 3 "perks" if I book Concierge or above (old 123go only gave me 2 perks)... Cool, not so bad after all... So I log onto Celebritys AU site and see nothing about this new promotion. I call the Australian Booking # which turns out is in an office in "mid south America".. They know nothing about the 123 all-inclusive, "sorry I have no information on that promotion, are you sure you have it right".. Yes , I have it right, in fact I give her (the operator) the web address.. "Oh yes Sir, but that is only for USA citizens"...Therefore as non-American you have to pay $xxx and get no perks. If you are in USA you pay $xxx and get free Grats, Drink Package and OBC worth maybe $2000- for your 12 night cruise..

I did a 12 night on Equinox in August, 400 passengers out of say 2800 (25%) where from Australia or NZ... So Celebrity is not prepared to give 25% of its potential passengers the same $2000- worth of incentive as North Americans get.??

To add insult to injury, as a captains Club Elite, there is no Captains Club Discount available either.

You can book your cruise through a US TA, and will get US Pricing and perks. Can't mention names here but do a Google search on american discount cruising shoud get you where you need to go [emoji12]

But the AU Site shows 123go! Expires 10Nov, so you still have time to sort something out locally!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

You can book your cruise through a US TA, and will get US Pricing and perks. Can't mention names here but do a Google search on american discount cruising shoud get you where you need to go [emoji12]

But the AU Site shows 123go! Expires 10Nov, so you still have time to sort something out locally!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi QE2 Fan.... Yes I did get a quote from that V... people in US.... Part of their reply read "The quoted prices include the Captain's Club offers but please note that the 123Go promotion from Celebrity has already passed and is now expired."..

Yes the original 123go still applies on AU site , until 10th I think.. But, impossible to book (see thread re. Website) and knowing that Celebritys website never works over a weekend I don't hold any hope. As I said I called Celebritys AU phone # only to be told that "123go" had finished and "123go all inclusive" was all in my imagination until I gave the operator the web page address and suddenly she knew all about it, but doesn't apply here. I am hoping that maybe we will get the "123go all inclusive" next week but not holding my breath.

Hi QE2 Fan.... Yes I did get a quote from that V... people in US.... Part of their reply read "The quoted prices include the Captain's Club offers but please note that the 123Go promotion from Celebrity has already passed and is now expired."..

Yes the original 123go still applies on AU site , until 10th I think.. But, impossible to book (see thread re. Website) and knowing that Celebritys website never works over a weekend I don't hold any hope. As I said I called Celebritys AU phone # only to be told that "123go" had finished and "123go all inclusive" was all in my imagination until I gave the operator the web page address and suddenly she knew all about it, but doesn't apply here. I am hoping that maybe we will get the "123go all inclusive" next week but not holding my breath.

Try again with another USA TA. The new offer only started there the other day. The US TA that I use sent me an email letting me know about the all 3 perks for CC and above offer.

Of course you need to do your sums.

Would you normally book CC or above. If not then look at what a standard balcony cost in Aus Vs the CC cost in the USA (the cabins are the same size on Solstice class but larger on Millennium class I believe with only a few perks and some extra captains club pts as a difference).

Also factor in the exchange rate and how much risk on the Aussie dollar you are willing to take.

I will almost certainly bet you will get some additional OBC on top as well from the TA.

If the sums are in your favour then just use a US TA. I have booked all 8 of my cruises through a few of the big US TA's. In fact for our upcoming Solstice NZ cruise we received all three perks from a special that the US TA had over the 4th of July weekend. (Drinks from Celebrity 1,2,3 go and grats and OBC $250 from the US TA)

Edited by woodyren

I wouldn't worry. I don't think Celebrity's current prices are sustainable. I could be wrong but there is a lot of competition out there. We are looking for a cruise in July and/or August 2015 and prices for AQ class are sitting at £184 a day that's $ 294. ( sorry I don't know the Australian exchange rate). There are no offers and haven't been. All the offers here in the UK end in June. This happened last year and we played the waiting game. We ended up paying £143 a day. We had a classic drinks package and gratuities in this and we felt it was good value. My husband had thought we would try the new suite experience but the suites (S2 ) are sitting at £585 a day that's $936, simply too much money for us.

I must admit we are looking at Azamara, Cunard's Princess Grill and Oceania as well as Celebrity's summer prices are comparable per day to these other companies.

The schedule to offer the new promotion seems to differ a bit in regard to each country - it's being offered here as of today.

But - and it is a big BUT - looking at the prices leaves me goggle-eyed :eek:: they are sky-high in some cases especially for Concierge and Aqua Class cabins so I have come to the conclusion that I'm better off to wait . I'm not really sure if the cost of the promotion is not already priced into the fares. Can't be sure about Celebrity as we're waiting for 2016/17 cruises to come out before we book anything new.

I'm also sure that not all prices have risen because of the new promo - but it's important to keep a cool head ! The principle " Look very carefully at a gift horse" became obvious to me again for example when I noticed that balcony prices for RCL's "Allure otS" rocketed when RCL's new promotion appeared on Nov. 1st.: I was interested in booking a cabin in a good location for 930 €uros on October 30th - my travel agent advised us to wait because the new promo could only be applied on Nov. 1st. for new bookings. On Nov. 1st. my chosen cabin ( and similar categories ) were up to 1600 €uros and more which would have meant that I would have paid dearly for my 600 $ OBC . I didn't book... The same happened to me during Celebrity's 1-2-3 promo in the summer when the website prices couldn't be booked WITH the promotion. If you wanted your "free" beverage package and gratuities you had to pay 1000 €uros p.P. more than advertised on the website...

So it's back to square one and the advice so many experienced cruise friends give: Book the cabin and cruise you would love to go to at a price you can accept - with or without the promotion.

Hi all,

We do anticipate more countries having a similar offer before the end of the year.

Info just in suggests that 123go all -inc. is not combinable with Captains Club discounts. Therefore one can loose $500- discount and get the 2-3 perks. Is that correct?

Sounds like a couple perks easily offsets any discounts.

Regardless of line, I have yet to get any substantial "club discount" as promos often make the liddly amount go away. Some a disillusioned to the fact that loyalty means nothing.

Sounds like a couple perks easily offsets any discounts.

Regardless of line, I have yet to get any substantial "club discount" as promos often make the liddly amount go away. Some a disillusioned to the fact that loyalty means nothing.

Yes, Captains Club Discount is $500 but on a 7 night cruises the Beverage Package is worth approx. $560- and the Grats say $300- so total of $860- in perks is better than $500- discount. But there are times when no perks are on offer and Captains Club Discount is all that is available.

Yes, Captains Club Discount is $500 but on a 7 night cruises the Beverage Package is worth approx. $560- and the Grats say $300- so total of $860- in perks is better than $500- discount. But there are times when no perks are on offer and Captains Club Discount is all that is available.

How does one receive a $500 discount? I have studied the Celebrity Capt's Club website and cannot find the mentioned discount. thanks in advance

Info just in suggests that 123go all -inc. is not combinable with Captains Club discounts. Therefore one can loose $500- discount and get the 2-3 perks. Is that correct?

What is a "Captain's Club Discount"?

We're Elite and I've never heard of it.

What is a "Captain's Club Discount"?

We're Elite and I've never heard of it.

When you are booking a cruise online via Celebrity website, first log into "my celebrity sign in"... This takes you into your Captains Club details listing booked or saved cruises etc. Now go to "make a booking" (or something similar). Now go thru the process of seleting sailing, then cabin, and you eventually come to a page that gives you total pricing. On the bottom left in big Blue letters it will say "Captains Club Discount applied $ xx "..... With the 7 day July 18 Equinox that I was looking at it showed $500 had been applied.

Now this is what I have found when doing my own online booking. My last cruise was via TA and now thinking maybe I didnt get this back then. Pity I cannot paste screenshots here.

Something else I have found today is "Captains Club Savings Certifcate". Google it and you will find a page that gives codes to apply to your online booking that give you a discount between $75 and $150... This code is CCMAGSUMMER which I am guessing is an extra discount introduced in Celebritys Summer Captains Club Magazine. I have heard of this Magazine which is more like a Newsletter but never seen it as am in Australia and we dont ever get any corresspondence from Celebrity.

Thank you for that advice jveevers, I too, have booked 2 cruises through a US outlet & have been able to snag healthy promotions. I seriously believe our Aussie TAs cannot offer the extra incentives to book through them. I had joined the Captains Club some time ago & was wanting to take advantage of this discount - so now I know!!! No incentives - go for the $500!!!

Thank you for that advice jveevers, I too, have booked 2 cruises through a US outlet & have been able to snag healthy promotions. I seriously believe our Aussie TAs cannot offer the extra incentives to book through them. I had joined the Captains Club some time ago & was wanting to take advantage of this discount - so now I know!!! No incentives - go for the $500!!!

toodietat With the $AUD being so crap now I am finding it very difficult now. EG. I am looking at booking B2B on The Equinox July 11 and 18, 2015

The well known US TA V... quoted me US$7749.26 which using XE.com equals AUD$8975.62 BUT I would have to pay in USD and allow for say 3% conversion fees on my Credit Card so therefore the 2 cruises would cost me a total of approx. AUD$9240. A TA here in Perth (Aus wide) quoted me AUD$8269.60.

US TA Included 123go benefits (Booze and Grats) and OBC US$50

AUS TA Included 123go benefits (Booze and Grats) and no OBC

Quotes are for C3 Concierge.

Strange thing with these 2 cruises, Concierge C3 is cheaper than some of the Verandas !!

So that is a difference in favour of AUS of nearly $1000-, go figure.

For the last 4 days I have been on Celebrity website (both AUS and US) trying to work out what costs would be if booking myself direct. Hopeless, there are about 10 stages to go thru and the couple of times that I have got thru to the end stage it says "sorry due to big demand that cabin is no longer available". Happens same with whatever cabin I select.

I am hoping that someone can point me to a US TA that is not V.... who maybe can give me a realistic price at least closer to AUS price.

PS Captains Club Discount, don't think that is available if you have other promotions such as 123go. You can have 1 or the other.

Edited by jveevers

The 2 cruises I have booked are for 2016 (Jan & April) so I am hoping our AUD will be of better value by then. On the Jan 7d Bris/Cairns I scored $1,000usd obc, grats & 1 Speciality Dinner for 2. They charge $50 usd for cancellation fees within the prescribed time limit & ask for a $500usd deposit I subscribe to receive the US TA"s specials so if I can "befriend" you, I will certainly pass this onto you. Yes that's what I meant "if no promotions in the future"-be happy with the CCs discount!

The 2 cruises I have booked are for 2016 (Jan & April) so I am hoping our AUD will be of better value by then. On the Jan 7d Bris/Cairns I scored $1,000usd obc, grats & 1 Speciality Dinner for 2. They charge $50 usd for cancellation fees within the prescribed time limit & ask for a $500usd deposit I subscribe to receive the US TA"s specials so if I can "befriend" you, I will certainly pass this onto you. Yes that's what I meant "if no promotions in the future"-be happy with the CCs discount!

Yes toodietat, befriend away.

Owe you a Beer or Wine when we meet on some future cruise.

toodietat I am looking at booking B2B on The Equinox July 11 and 18, 2015

Quotes are for C3 Concierge.

Strange thing with these 2 cruises, Concierge C3 is cheaper than some of the Verandas !!

So that is a difference in favour of AUS of nearly $1000-, go figure.

PS Captains Club Discount, don't think that is available if you have other promotions such as 123go. You can have 1 or the other.

@jveevers and @toodietat. I am monitoring the Equinox July 18 cruise. The current Celebrity overlapping promotions really are a minefield, especially if you have to factor in currency fluctuations as well. We're not allowed to give the names of TAs here online but I would definitely confirm you may get a better deal with a US travel agent. The latest US promotion gives all 3 perks for concierge but I am not 100% certain you also get the one category upgrade as Captain club member. If you are not a big drinker you may be better off with a discount rather than the perks, depending on the number crunching and this will vary from cruise to cruise, and even day to day! Very time consuming:mad: Good luck, let us know if you do book the cruises:)

The latest US promotion gives all 3 perks for concierge but I am not 100% certain you also get the one category upgrade as Captain club member.

Gill,

After repricing, we maintained our one category CC upgrade and received the perks under the new promo. It's best, as you say, to work out exactly which would benefit you most. Our situation was a no-brainer. No cancellation/change fees from our US TA, and she honoured her original OBC offer ;).

@jveevers and @toodietat. I am monitoring the Equinox July 18 cruise. The current Celebrity overlapping promotions really are a minefield, especially if you have to factor in currency fluctuations as well. We're not allowed to give the names of TAs here online but I would definitely confirm you may get a better deal with a US travel agent. The latest US promotion gives all 3 perks for concierge but I am not 100% certain you also get the one category upgrade as Captain club member. If you are not a big drinker you may be better off with a discount rather than the perks, depending on the number crunching and this will vary from cruise to cruise, and even day to day! Very time consuming:mad: Good luck, let us know if you do book the cruises:)

dutchclogs Definitely need the Drink Package, that is one reason why I don't really look at other Cruiselines as Celebrity seems to be the only one that does the "Free Drink Packages". RCL have similar pricing on their cruises but have never done the Free things.

Jveevers, unfortunately I thought that the "befriend" section in our profiles would allow us to contact via our email address, with Cruise Critic the go- between (as TripAdvisor allows). However this appears to be incorrect. In any case, hope you achieve a great deal. Happy cruising!!!

Jveevers, unfortunately I thought that the "befriend" section in our profiles would allow us to contact via our email address, with Cruise Critic the go- between (as TripAdvisor allows). However this appears to be incorrect. In any case, hope you achieve a great deal. Happy cruising!!!

Hi TOODIETAT,

Ya I miss that feature too. Cannot figure out why TA the sister site has it, and CC does not.

Cheers!

Hi toodietat.. Email is jveevers1@bigpond.com

If that is allowed

Edited by jveevers