Ultimate Pkg., Bottomless Champagne "thru" January??

jules815

Hello all,

Does the ultimate package include everything at the bar like top shelf liquor?

I like drinking shots like Patron, Crown, Cognac (if they have it). We set sail in 6 days for thanksgiving so still on the fence of which package to buy. No so much into premium coffee, just alcohol. :)

TIA

John

Hello all,

Does the ultimate package include everything at the bar like top shelf liquor?

I like drinking shots like Patron, Crown, Cognac (if they have it). We set sail in 6 days for thanksgiving so still on the fence of which package to buy. No so much into premium coffee, just alcohol. :)

TIA

John

There is no difference in alcoholic beverages included between the Premium and Ultimate packages. They both cover cocktails up to $12.

Edited by clarea

Welcome back Michael !!! so as far as you know the Moet is only offered at the champagne bar? What are the hours to the champagne bar?

Moet is the champagne in The Champagne Bar - If you were to order champagne in most other locations, you will be served the house sparkling wine and not the Moet.

The fine print shows that gratuities are additional. Is this an old caption?

super premium category beverages? i wish they had a list of everything you can/cannot order with each package....

* Prices shown for Caribbean, Alaska, and North America itineraries; gratuities are additional. Prices for Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Dubai and South America itineraries vary and are inclusive of gratuities. All prices are subject to change without notice. Packages cannot be shared, are not transferable. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain

ports or itineraries. When ordering a beverage selection onboard, you must present your SeaPass card bearing the package sticker to your server. Package does not include in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items, Evian water, canned sodas, bottled juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages.

Package is subject to the terms of Royal Caribbean International’s Alcohol Policy. © 204 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registered in the Bahamas. 14040026 • 9/29/14 • TIER 1

The fine print shows that gratuities are additional. Is this an old caption?

No, actually that is accurate. It used to be that the published package price included gratuties, but they recently changed the package prices and now add the 15%. For the Ultimate package, the total price went down a bit. All other packages had their total price go up a bit.

I am back today! I had a great cruise and have already written most of my review, while I was onboard. It will take me a few days to edit all my pictures before I can start posting the review.

The unlimited glasses of Moet only at the champagne bar, which I didn't mind. I simply just started my nights there had 2-4 glasses! They ring up at $17, but they $0.00 it out since I had the package.

I will note I bought the $49 PP package online prior to the cruise and upgraded while I was onboard, however it was never charged to me! :D

Can't wait to share my full review with you soon!

SO glad to hear from you, some of us have been hanging on anxiously to find out how real it was... only at one bar? hmmm thats a shame, but hey, worth it...guess I will be doing a lot of walking back and forth to the R Bar...lol

• 2 weeks later...
There is no difference in alcoholic beverages included between the Premium and Ultimate packages. They both cover cocktails up to $12.

From the looks of the fine print... The Premium packages covers the same booze as the Ultimate (minus the secret Moet pirk) but does not mention juice, premium coffee or premium tea. Those are covered under the Replenish package. The Ultimate combines the Replenish, the Premium and (on some sailings...) unlimited Moet & Chandon by the glass and a holiday bottle of Domaine Chandon Blanc de Noirs in your state room.

From the looks of the fine print... The Premium packages covers the same booze as the Ultimate (minus the secret Moet pirk) but does not mention juice, premium coffee or premium tea. Those are covered under the Replenish package. The Ultimate combines the Replenish, the Premium and (on some sailings...) unlimited Moet & Chandon by the glass and a holiday bottle of Domaine Chandon Blanc de Noirs in your state room.

You are correct. That's why I said there was no difference in the alcoholic beverages covered between the Premium and Ultimate packages, except for the Moet promo going on now. In addition to what you listed, the Ultimate package also adds bottled sparkling water.

Edited by clarea

So this will be available to me for my cruise on the 22nd of Jan on Brilliance of the Seas for sure? If so, I will do the UP over the PP for the $10/day difference!!!

Did it end up being just at the R bar you could get this? Could be dangerous as my room is right behind that bar for the sailing....I won't need a bottle in my room if thats the case!...lol

So this will be available to me for my cruise on the 22nd of Jan on Brilliance of the Seas for sure? ...

The promo says November - January 2015. I would make a printout of the screen that indicates January 2015 and take that with on the cruise, just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I are going to be on AL in less than 2 weeks and are super excited. I've read over this thread and didn't find an answer to the question I'm about to ask. If I missed it, let me apologize in advance.

I'm considering getting a drink package, especially considering there are 4 days at sea, and those are the days I will get the best bang for my buck (I don't know if I'll realize the value of the package on embarkation day, and our day at Nassau). I'm considering getting it on either on the third day (our first day at sea). And this leads me to my question:

If I get the prorated Ultimate package, will I still get the benefits of the promo, the bottle of champagne and bottom champagne? My assumption would be that I just wouldn't get the bottle.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Edited by Z3r0

I don't have an answer and really without someone having done exactly what your planning on doing, its hard to say. Once you have the "drink package" on your card, i don't see how the bartenders would know you only had it for a few days and not give you the glasses of champange. Safe to say the bottle won't be in your room though i would think.

I would get the package in advance for the whole time. I can tell you than embarkation day is one of the most fun. I am usually on the boat around 11am, and the drinks are already started. Usually a sail away party around 4pm....so you defn get your moneys worth that day. As for Nassau, unless you have excurisons booked all day, I would say you wont spend more than a cpl hours in Nassau so no reason you wouldnt put your drink package to good use.

Based on my 4 trips to the Bahamas, I would go with the package everytime. I think you'll regret how quickly the drinks add up those first few days.

monctonguy, thanks for your feedback. I think I am going to buy it in advance. I did some calculations, and it ends up being about $40 CDN cheaper for me to buy it right now. It appears that RCI is currently using an exchange rate of $1.09 or so, which is half of what I would get at the bank ($1.181 as of 12/11/14 at TD)

Heres my math:

If I pay online in Canadian:

59.95/day * 7 days = 419.65 * 15% = 482.60

If I pay on the ship in US:

55/day * 7 days = 385 * 15% = 442.75 * 1.181 exchange (it would actually be worse if it was on my credit card) = 522.88

A difference of $40.28 in my favour.

For any Canadians out there who were contemplating buying this, do it in advance, you'll save money... unless my calculations are out of wack.

Mike

Edited by Z3r0

June will be my first time traveling with RCCL, 7 day Baltic cruise on Serenade OTS in a Grand Suite, in the past I have cruised Carnival and have purchased their "15 drinks a day" package. I think it is a good deal and have saved money doing it. My question is, if you are in a suite and have access to the concierge lounge and other amenities on RCCL is the Ultimate pkg really worth it? Sorry if this has been asked before, if it was answered please direct me to the thread.

CHEERS!

June will be my first time traveling with RCCL, 7 day Baltic cruise on Serenade OTS in a Grand Suite, in the past I have cruised Carnival and have purchased their "15 drinks a day" package. I think it is a good deal and have saved money doing it. My question is, if you are in a suite and have access to the concierge lounge and other amenities on RCCL is the Ultimate pkg really worth it? Sorry if this has been asked before, if it was answered please direct me to the thread.

CHEERS!

That really depends on how much you plan on drinking in addition to what complimentary drinks you'll be able to get with your suite perks. After having the package on a cruise last year, I don't think I'll ever cruise without it again.

• 2 weeks later...
I see it at this site. Screen shot is below. When I click on details it just brings up the regular flyer. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options Click on the Beverage Packages tab.

ScreenShot2014-11-06at81002PM_zps11ec09fd.png

I don't see this offer anymore when I visit the drinks packages page on RCCL website. Has this been discontinued already...?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

While looking at the package from our booking it did contain the message:

Celebrate the holiday season with some bubbles. As an added-value to our guests, the Ultimate Beverage Package will now include a complimentary limited edition Domaine Chandon Blanc de Noirs holiday bottle (one per stateroom) and bottomless Moet & Chandon champagne by the glass.

Noting it as from Nov -Jan. but unclear if thru Jan., Jan. sailings, etc. To be on the safe side I'm booking that bad boy before December's over.