Is this a good deal

go sea

Received from Princess an upsell offer. We are now signed up on the Royal Princess on D deck forward in a DE cabin. They offered for $199 more each to a D4-BZ. The cabin we have now is an extened balcony room. Is this a good offer. Looks like it maybe a rear cabin. Thanks for any help

Received from Princess an upsell offer. We are now signed up on the Royal Princess on D deck forward in a DE cabin. They offered for $199 more each to a D4-BZ. The cabin we have now is an extened balcony room. Is this a good offer. Looks like it maybe a rear cabin. Thanks for any help

What is a D4-BZ category? I've looked at the deck plans and don't see it. As the previous poster stated, If' it's a aft view cabin, you will have a soot issue. We were in D726 and had a soot issue everyday.....

Bob

How long is the cruise? $199 each can either be a very good upgrade price or a totally not worth it at all price.

If you were happy with your original cabin then the $400 difference could buy quite a lot of drinks, specialty dinners, excursions, etc.

If I understand correctly you are currently in a Cat. DE, deluxe balcony cabin on the Dolphin Deck, Deck 9 forward. This cabin has a 9' x 4' balcony.

I think you mean you were offered a Cat. D4. deluxe balcony cabin (don't know where the BZ fits in). This cabin has the same interior as your current deluxe balcony cabin, but has a double size balcony that faces aft. It is well documented that aft facing cabins on the Royal Princess have issues with soot, limiting the use of the balcony. I would not take the offer. Spend the $398 on other things. If you decide to take the cabin, and you find soot issues, visit the Passenger Service Desk. They have been known to provide some credit for this problem. It's worth a shot.

I got the same exact e-mail yesterday, same cat deluxe and exsame wording and price. Did not get a call back this morning, I too was confused by the D4-BZ. Also see there are a lot of mini's on deck M, all have the extended balconies, but I think there are under the sky walk, any body that can agree with this?

You already have an unobstructed balcony, and Princess is asking $398 for the baby step up of a deluxe balcony?

That's the same upsell price they ask to go all the way from an inside cabin to a BA balcony on the older Grand-class ships.

I agree with the others who say pass. Princess is hoping you are having second thoughts about a cabin located too far forward. If not the case, the money is far better spent elsewhere.

Edited by fishywood