Reflection Upgrade fairy just called my cell phone with 5 days left to cruise!

tom5178

Wow, never happened before, but Celebrity just called me to say that they had a few suites open up on our cruise leaving this Sat. We were in a concierge class 2 #1403 which is almost totally aft and has a bigger balcony if anyone wants to try to snag it.

WE were offered Aqua class SUITE for just $250 PP more! I was ecstatic! We had AQ regular cabin booked last year for the Mediterranean but then at the last minute snagged a suite guarantee which ended us in completely aft sky suite it was great but we did not get to try AQ on that cruise, now we get to try AQ in the new suites! We are beyond happy!

thanks Celebrity!

Hi TOM5178,

Congratulations... Enjoy

And how cool that it is an Aqua Suite (soon to be a thing of the past :( )

Oh well if you like Aqua / Blu, it is good to know you can book it on future cruises for considerably less than this "fancy upgrade" via Aqua Class (albeit without the bigger cabin & butler)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Wow, never happened before, but Celebrity just called me to say that they had a few suites open up on our cruise leaving this Sat. We were in a concierge class 2 #1403 which is almost totally aft and has a bigger balcony if anyone wants to try to snag it.

WE were offered Aqua class SUITE for just $250 PP more! I was ecstatic! We had AQ regular cabin booked last year for the Mediterranean but then at the last minute snagged a suite guarantee which ended us in completely aft sky suite it was great but we did not get to try AQ on that cruise, now we get to try AQ in the new suites! We are beyond happy!

thanks Celebrity!

That's super! We will see you on board. We upgraded for almost nil from Sky suite to AQ Suite back before 90 day. Wish they would have called us to go up to Signature Suite. I bet that's how you got the deal. Somebody in AQ Suite got that call. :mad: Darn! Still so excited no matter where.

In my book "upgrade" is something the cruise line do you for FREE, if they charge you, no fairy is involve :( we book ocean view cabin GTY on reflection and got a balcony cabin at the back of the ship free. sailing 6/12.

In my book "upgrade" is something the cruise line do you for FREE, if they charge you, no fairy is involve :( we book ocean view cabin GTY on reflection and got a balcony cabin at the back of the ship free. sailing 6/12.

Well I agree, a "true" upgrade would be for free, however, I had been pricing the suites since final payment looking for deals, the closest I got was a regular sky suite that would have cost $450 PP vs the $250 PP we got today and we would have lost our free drinks, and on board credit. Today's upgrade kept all of our perks. We are very happy with it even if we did have to pay a bit. In our opinion, we are getting the best of both worlds, AQ and a suite.

Well I agree, a "true" upgrade would be for free, however, I had been pricing the suites since final payment looking for deals, the closest I got was a regular sky suite that would have cost $450 PP vs the $250 PP we got today and we would have lost our free drinks, and on board credit. Today's upgrade kept all of our perks. We are very happy with it even if we did have to pay a bit. In our opinion, we are getting the best of both worlds, AQ and a suite.

Don't let anybody burst your bubble. Enjoy your upgrade, whether from the fairy or not. Sounds like a great deal to me. Enjoy!

Congratulations. You will love the Aqua Class Suite. On our last cruise on Reflection we were in Aqua Class and had the Rudest neighbors who left their door open on the lock and their family banged the door all night long. In standard Aqua you share the wall with your neighbor. We were lucky that someone in the Aqua Suite did not show up for the cruise and we were moved to the much nicer Aqua Class Suite. Enjoy it !!!!!

Congratulations. You will love the Aqua Class Suite. On our last cruise on Reflection we were in Aqua Class and had the Rudest neighbors who left their door open on the lock and their family banged the door all night long. In standard Aqua you share the wall with your neighbor. We were lucky that someone in the Aqua Suite did not show up for the cruise and we were moved to the much nicer Aqua Class Suite. Enjoy it !!!!!

Now that is a true upgrade!

thanks all for the good wishes! just 5 sleeps left.

About 15 years ago, we got a true free upgrade on another cruise line that starts with "C". We didn't know until we got to the port to check in. I argued with them to put us back into the cabin I had booked, but it was already reassigned. The "upgraded cabin" was right under the Lido deck on the buffet end. Worse cruise of my life- didn't sleep for 8 nights due to chairs scraping and cleaning crews banging all night. :mad: We were upgraded on a 10 day Hawaiian Celebrity cruise about 8 years ago from Veranda to Concierge. The only perk we really appreciated was the extra points on our Captain's Club account.

We took a cruise with my parents many years ago on HAL. We got to the port and realized that my parents stateroom number was not what we booked (standard balcony.) It was suppose to be next to us. :( We argued with the check-in employee that they had to put my parents back next to us. We were told that there were no other staterooms. Well, when we got up to the stateroom floor (thankfully, they were on the same deck, only a few doors down) we realized that my parents had been upgraded to a Suite! We all enjoyed that Suite and the perks all week long. :)

BTW - I like your CC name. :D