My Review of the Lady Oasis Nov 1-8 sailing...

Mnrvguy

(plus my two favorite spots on the ship are Central Park & the Royal Promenade)

Mine too! I also would walk through these two areas to get from one end of the ship to the other...just seemed to take no time at all versus, trekking down a hallway filled with cabin doors!!

Your review is wonderful. So glad your Formal dinner worked out so well.

:D

What a nice looking family.:)

If you want to imbed larger pictures in the thread you need to post your pictures to a photo hosting site such as Shutterfly or Photobucket. From there you can get a code to copy and paste your pictures into the thread. I use Smug Mug to store all my photos offline, but there is a charge for that.

Great review!:cool:

Day 6

Ship Day 3

Sea Day

Today a Sea Day, turns out one of the few days to sleep in on this trip. We did not sleep overly late, not sure why. We started with Jonny Rockets for breakfast. If you did not know it is free to eat breakfast here, and lunch there is a $5.95pp fee. We did have lunch here one day I will cover that later. This place was the best kept secret on Allure a couple of years ago, not any more. The line looked long but it moved fast. The food is really good, and you get plenty for breakfast. After breakfast they were having a free face painting and balloon animal event in front of On Air on the Royal Promenade so we went to that. The ladies they had doing that were really good. They are professionals in their craft who get a free cruise for doing it. Not a bad deal they did like two 3 hour sessions each sea day, and they helped out on Pirate Night as well. After getting all painted up we dropped the kids at Adventure Ocean, and DW and I went and spent some mom and dad time in the hot tub and solarium pool. We picked up the kids and had our only lunch in the Windjammer. Food selection seemed ok and the food was good. After lunch Not really sure what we did I think we went and watched Wreck it Ralph in the Adventure Ocean Theater. And we probably rode the carousel a few more times… Over all a pretty relaxing easy day at sea... For dinner it was back to the main dining room to our assigned table in Grande. We were really hoping that Mario could redeem himself after a really poor service the first night. When we arrived at the table fruit cups and chocolate milks were at all the kid’s spots, looks like a good start! Dinner went very well, much better than the first night and up to the level we expect when we are cruising. I did ask Mario about Dynamic Dining. He did say that they have been training on it since just before dry dock. He also said the crew has mixed feeling about it as they, like a lot of us enjoy getting to know each other thru the week and that will be impossible to do with Dynamic Dinning. He also said that the menu now is easy to learn where as the menus for Dynamic Dining are really different and they are spending a lot of their down time studying them. He also said they are getting all new uniforms, and they will have multiple uniforms for the different restaurants. After dinner the kids wanted to go to Adventure Ocean for Pirate Night. And the adults went to the Headliner Show. The Headliner for this sailing was Jeff Tracta singer, comedian, and impressionist from the Bold & the Beautiful fame. The show was very entertaining he did a very good job with a variety of different songs, music, and video. After the show we went and had some pizza at Sorrento’s, both DW and I love the pizza. When we were eating our pizza the Adventure Ocean kids did a pirate parade and sing and dance routine on the Royal Promenade, our girls were both pirate dancers. When the pirate dance party was over we headed up to get the kids and off to our room for the night.

Next up St Thomas

I will attach a few more pictures as well

Thanks again for all that read and give feedback!! If you have any questions feel free to ask…

For dinner it was back to the main dining room to our assigned table in Grande. We were really hoping that Mario could redeem himself after a really poor service the first night. When we arrived at the table fruit cups and chocolate milks were at all the kid’s spots, looks like a good start! Dinner went very well, much better than the first night and up to the level we expect when we are cruising.

Interesting you say about the service being poor the first night. That is exactly what happened to us on our recent Radiance cruise, but actually our waitstaff ended up being one of the best we've had since our first cruise in 03. We hadn't sailed Royal since 07, so after our so-so experience the first night, we were really worried that was going to be the norm for the week and that that kind of service was becoming the norm on RC. But we soon found out, service is still amazing!

By the way, thanks for your great review!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Great reviews! Thank you I'm not sure if you still check this but we are in room 11416 this coming April. I'm a little nervous about being in the front o the boat. Did you feel a lot of the motion of the sea?