No Dessert Extravaganza on Zuiderdam

BlackJack2

I agree, the flavour of much of what was offered didn't live up to the appearance. Except the crepes Suzette. Those were amazing :D

I think it was an enormous waste of valuable/limited resources. I can see the point in discontinuing the dessert extravaganza.

Totally agree on lack of taste and leftover problem. But as far as waste, I always assumed that the untouched "waste" found its way to the crew's mess.

Totally agree on lack of taste and leftover problem. But as far as waste, I always assumed that the untouched "waste" found its way to the crew's mess.

I have no idea! I do wonder if that is what happens, do the crew members get "danger pay" for eating those leftovers ;) Or does it fall under "other duties as required" ? :D

I have no idea! I do wonder if that is what happens, do the crew members get "danger pay" for eating those leftovers ;) Or does it fall under "other duties as required" ? :D

In the past, I have asked what happens to the food displayed in the Lido Restaurant or elsewhere that is not consumed. I was told by more than one Culinary Operations Manager and Hotel Manager that, due to CDC regulations, any food items placed where the public could consume them and not so consumed, are discarded. Waste!

I loved seeing the sculpted melons, ice carvings, fantasy desserts. Wd took lots of pics to share with friends & a chef friend.

That said, I have to admit that DH & I never really ate anything from the evening. We were generally too full from dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoyed the nice display of desserts at the Royal Tea one afternoon, and they were served in tiny, individual portions, so it was easy to try lots of things. There was a good variety and most were tasty. I would rather eat a lot of dessert in the afternoon than late at night.

No Dutch Chocolate/Dessert Extravaganza during our 24 days aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam this summer. As others have mentioned, there were a number of specialty, "local flavor" meals where a variety of extra desserts were presented.

Edited by syesmar