transportation from Port to airport FLL

nancynb

I know I can book transportation through the RC website for a shuttle back to the airport, but I am wondering if this is the preferred method of getting back to FLL. There are only two of us. Is a taxi preferable to the shuttle and if so, what is the ball park cost? Thanks.

I know I can book transportation through the RC website for a shuttle back to the airport, but I am wondering if this is the preferred method of getting back to FLL. There are only two of us. Is a taxi preferable to the shuttle and if so, what is the ball park cost? Thanks.

Taxis are faster, less expensive, and plentiful at Port Everglades.

One way either way FLL-PE or PE-FLL taxi will be approx $15.00...metered never pay a flat rate...It's approx 10 min ride.

Taxi's at FLL are right outside the luggage claim area turn left as you exit the door and you'll see the line up.

Taxi's are just outside the terminal luggage claim..many will be lined up and waiting for passengers.

Edited by Ashland

One way either way FLL-PE or PE-FLL taxi will be approx $15.00...metered never pay a flat rate...It's approx 10 min ride.

Taxi's at FLL are right outside the luggage claim area turn left as you exit the door and you'll see the line up.

Taxi's are just outside the terminal luggage claim..many will be lined up and waiting for passengers.

There's a lot of road construction around FLL right now due to the installation of a new runway. We took a cab from there to PE this past Saturday. They charged some sort of "airport to port fee" that added $3 to the fare so it was almost $20 + tip altogether.

Edited by ronandannette

If you take the shuttle, you'll have to wait til the bus is full. If you take a taxi, you can leave when you want. Taxi will run about $15 and is 10 min or less to the airport. Take the taxi!

I understand taxis are plentiful at the port in Fort Lauderdale. My question is what about a party of five? Are we better off taking the RCCL shuttle bus?

You might have to wait a few minutes longer, but they do have minivan taxis there.

There's a lot of road construction around FLL right now due to the installation of a new runway. We took a cab from there to PE this past Saturday. They charged some sort of "airport to port fee" that added $3 to the fare so it was almost $20 + tip altogether.

Yes, I know about the construction..I was just there in October.

Sorry we haven't ever been charged this airport fee :confused:

I understand taxis are plentiful at the port in Fort Lauderdale. My question is what about a party of five? Are we better off taking the RCCL shuttle bus?

For 5 of you 2 taxis will be needed unless you can fit all 5 and your luggage in a van taxi. It will be about $15 plus tip. How much is the RC transfer.........if they charge per person it will add up. RC shuttle would be my last choice.