123 GO All inclusive for a 20-year old

Travel Travel Travel

Hello,

We have a cruise booked for 5 people in 3 AQ cabins next year. Because of this site, we were able to get the all inclusive perk package! My question is, my daughter will be 20 at the time of the sailing. Obviously she won't get the alcohol drink package as her perk. But will she get the Premium Non-Alcohol package so she can take advantage of the smoothies & Perrier she enjoys? Or will she just get the Classic package with no alcohol.

Thank you!

Hello,

We have a cruise booked for 5 people in 3 AQ cabins next year. Because of this site, we were able to get the all inclusive perk package! My question is, my daughter will be 20 at the time of the sailing. Obviously she won't get the alcohol drink package as her perk. But will she get the Premium Non-Alcohol package so she can take advantage of the smoothies & Perrier she enjoys? Or will she just get the Classic package with no alcohol.

Thank you!

They may have a problem with her not being 21 with others in the same cabin. In their "fine print" on the alcohol beverage packages, they state everyone in the cabin must get the alcohol beverage package. I am HOPING they would make an exception because she is your daughter, and the drink packages are part of a promotion, not as if you are just deciding to purchase them. it is worth checking into before you set sail, though!

Good luck and Bon Voyage!

i believe that "fine print" is for those that buy the drink package. It's so the members of a stateroom do not try to share a package.

you are thinking of the wrong cruise line. On x there is no requirement for all to be on the same package.

Hello,

Thank you!

That and I believe Perrier is a premium as Classic is only flat water.

Most non alcoholic drinks WILL NOT cost over $8 so she should be able to get whatever she wants, its not specific drinks that separate the packages its price and I doubt Perrier is over $8 so she should be able to get that as well

Most non alcoholic drinks WILL NOT cost over $8 so she should be able to get whatever she wants, its not specific drinks that separate the packages its price and I doubt Perrier is over $8 so she should be able to get that as well

The package is pretty clear. The $ amount has nothing to do with it. Classic = flat water. Premium = sparkling. That's the way it is.

I'm wondering if one can upgrade the non-alcohol package just as one can upgrade the alcohol package? I think the difference in price between classic and premium is something like $4/day, so not a significant cost. Of course, it chafes to have to pay to upgrade when the package she would have gotten had she been >21 would have cost significantly more than the package she wants!

you are thinking of the wrong cruise line. On x there is no requirement for all to be on the same package.

I have never looked at other cruiseline's drink packages. I am simply saying that the "fine print" that CruisingwithRickandNik points out may have that rule in place because of the sharing of a package. I am pretty sure that I read that on this board.

Apparently, Celebrity use to allow only one person in the stateroom to buy the package. http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2011/11/08/all-you-can-drink-packages-cheers-or-jeers/ :rolleyes:

I'm wondering if one can upgrade the non-alcohol package just as one can upgrade the alcohol package? I think the difference in price between classic and premium is something like $4/day, so not a significant cost. Of course, it chafes to have to pay to upgrade when the package she would have gotten had she been >21 would have cost significantly more than the package she wants!

You bring up a good point. I would go and see if she can swap for premium N/A. Cheaper than classic booze.

If she is underage she will not be given a Classic Alcohol Pkg as part of the 123Go Promo. Period.

If she is listed as the 2nd person in the cabin (and the # 1 person is over 21*) there could be an issue where both people MUST have the same 123Go Perk... In this case Celebrity "could" refuse the Perk being a Bevvy Pkg, and insist that the choice be either Daily Grats for both people, or the Cabin gets the OBC choice.

Have seen someone post about this in the past.

If your DD is listed as # 3 in the cabin... Depending on what Promo was on when the booking was made will determine if she gets any perk at all. Sometimes the 3rd person has been known to get zip-zero-zilch

Other times the promo gives the 3rd or 4th person the Classic Non Alcohol Pkg and some Internet Minutes.

So you need to know what Promos were in effect when the booking was made

* if everyone in the cabin is under 21... Then more than likely Celebrity will be ok with as a minimum the first two people receiving a Classic Non Alcohol Pkg as part of the 123Go Promo (or the Daily Grats, or the Cabin OBC)

As stated previously...

Each Pkg (no matter which one) have a set list of items they cover. When it comes to Waters, the Classic Pkgs cover still & spring. The Premium Pkg covers Still, Spring, Carbonated & Flavoured. Perrier is definitely on the Premium.

Upgrading... There have been mixed results when people have phoned Celebrity asking to upgrade a Complimentary Non Alcohol Classic to a Non Alcohol Premium Pkg (some would say it all comes down to whomever you get on the phone). Some have been successful, others have been told... No can do... You want Premium then you must pay the whole shot

But, chances seem to be higher if you do it on the ship. The ship staff (Guest Relations) have been dealing with Bevvy Pkgs for years (long before all these Celebrity Booking Promos)... Upgrading is what many Pax want to do once they are actually onboard and can see how the Programs work.

If upgrading is on your mind, I would give Celebrity a phone call to see if it can be done before hand (make sure you explain well... Cause essentially you just want to be charged the difference between Classic NON Alcohol & Premium NON Alcohol ). If you aren't successful, try again on the ship

Cheers!

Ps... You can find more info on Celebrity's Bevvy Pkgs here

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks for all the comments! When I look at the packages, it appears Perrier is specifically excluded from the classic n/a. She LOVES Perrier. But paying a small upgrade fee would be a good solution, even if it is a bit silly because the premium n/a package is significantly less than the classic with alcohol. I'd certainly be willing to do that. Yes, we're sailing in the Caribbean. I wish it were Europe! Someday...

Thanks again everyone!

Hi, We've just booked 2 balcony cabins for selves and our 2 sons with current promotion. Elder DS is over 21, younger is just 14. I queried what was possible -- answer was classic alcohol for elder, classic non-alcoholic for younger. TA did have to chase X to enter the non-alcoholic package - so do check ;)

My number 2 passenger will be 11 when we travel. I originally asked if he could have a non alcohol package they said no......however? When I checked a few.weeks later, they had indeed issued him with a classic non alcohol package and i kept my classic alcohol package. So they do make exceptions.