Price reduction after final payment

You could have asked if there were any staterooms available in a higher category whose price also dropped.

Bob, This is the case on my upcoming Freedom cruise sailing next week on the 30th... price is now lower for a higher category than what we paid. We piggy-backed in March on a Family members's Next Cruise certificate & got the $100 OBC.

Wondering #1 if I call, could I move to a higher category (but within the same type stateroom) & #2 would we lose/forfeit our OBC by doing so? TIA for any insight. :)

Bob, This is the case on my upcoming Freedom cruise sailing next week on the 30th... price is now lower for a higher category than what we paid. We piggy-backed in March on a Family members's Next Cruise certificate & got the $100 OBC.

Wondering #1 if I call, could I move to a higher category (but within the same type stateroom) & #2 would we lose/forfeit our OBC by doing so? TIA for any insight. :)

Call and ask!!!!! 800-526-9723

Depends what you mean by higher category. If you are moving from an OV to a D/E balcony, then I'd call and find out the details with regard to moving and keeping the OBC. Likewise, if you are moving from a D/E balcony to a JS. However, if you are considering moving within the same super-category (like from a D3 to a D2), then I would not bother with the move.

Call and ask!!!!! 800-526-9723

Thanks, Merion_Mom... I'm on hold now, but was hesitant to call & have them mess with my res if I would lose OBC, as I am one of those unfortunate people who has had my rate jump back & forth since March w/my original booking every time I try to go in & do anything with it. Been a real pain to have to call & keep getting it priced back to what I booked. All was well when I called for final payment... we'll see, I guess... thank you for the response. :)

Depends what you mean by higher category. If you are moving from an OV to a D/E balcony, then I'd call and find out the details with regard to moving and keeping the OBC. Likewise, if you are moving from a D/E balcony to a JS. However, if you are considering moving within the same super-category (like from a D3 to a D2), then I would not bother with the move.

Okay, reporting back... Going to stick with what we have, since we're happy with what we booked. After calling, could a take minor upgrade similar... but would lose OBC. Kind of a moot point... lol.

Thank you, Bob, for the clarification. :D

Happy sailing!

An upgrade is in the eye of the beholder. Experienced cruisers know you can't just go by cat level, i.e. you have been upgraded to a cat 4 from a 6 may sounds great but way cats are graded can be strange. The 4 may be higher cat because higher deck but might be located way forward when your cat 6 was located more midship and close to where you wanted to be. Works other way to of course, I help a D4 think it was, selectively upgraded to a D3 cost $60 more. Exact same cabin just located better location I wanted so was worth the small amount to us.

So upgrades not always upgrades, individual preferences. To me always better to book early and adjust as you can from there. Better to have a cabin you like instead of a cabin you can live with.

George in NY