Freedom vs Independence

EJPhilly

I think the production shows on Indy are horrible. It also does not have a Logo shop. The Promenade has devoted lots of space to selling tobacco, alcohol, and perfume. There are no freestyle soda machines. Maybe now that the ship won't be going back to the UK in the summer they will convert things back to the way they were and add the soda machines. I have no idea when the shows will FINALLY change on this ship.

All that being said, I choose to sail on this ship because I love the 8 night itinerary (which will be disappearing soon) and very much enjoy the Freedom class ships. Hmmm, maybe RCI should keep the itinerary and change the shows instead.;):rolleyes:

The Navigator will be taking over the Indy's 6 and 8 night schedule for late 2015 and early 2016 still out of FLL.

The Navigator will be taking over the Indy's 6 and 8 night schedule for late 2015 and early 2016 still out of FLL.

Thanks, I didn't know that. We did this itinerary once on Navigator the season that it did the 8 nighter in place of Independence. I would happily sail Navigator again. We had a really nice cruise on it.

I booked Freedom tonite. Got Promenade Room. Now just have to decide if we are going to fly in morning of, or day before. Trying to minimize the $$$ if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congratulations on making the booking. I concur 100% with all the advice previously given in this thread to you about the two ships. We sail out Fort Lauderdale this upcoming March and the hotels are double what it would cost in the Orlando to Cocoa Beach area. Airfare for our trip was also much more into Lauderdale, so we are renting a vehicle and driving back to Orlando (3 hour drive) to save $1500 in airfare for our family of 6.

I found the shows on the Independence last year to be lacking in comparison to the Freedom, Liberty, Oasis, Allure. Even without kids, having the characters around for a few fun photo ops is a nice addition that the Independence does not offer. My family usually makes it to one or two 3D movies in the theatre, that the Independence does not have. For these reasons, I would recommend the Freedom over the Independence.

Enjoy your cruise. We have the Freedom booked for 2016 and are eagerly anticipating sailing on her.