Thanksgiving Sale

Crazy For Cats

While not calling it Explore 4 the Signature Beverage package is available again on "select" cruises.

I gave up the Explore 4 on Monday to take advantage of the lower price. Today I looked at the HAL site and called my PCC right away. She had no idea that the sale was on. So after a few minutes I have the lower price, some OBC and the beverage package.

It pays to be diligent. :)

We lost our beverage package when we added an additional week making it a "collector" cruise of 14 days. I saw that the package is back but it does not show up on my particular cruise over Christmas and New Years. I will keep checking as I don't think they should have taken it away from us in the first place. Is this a common scenario that I am unaware of?

Nancy

It SHOULD. But yes, double check.

I am soooo confused. According to my travel agent, to have the Signature package, it will cost me an additional $194. Yet, the email from HAL says it is free. Then he says I have to pay that amount because of the rate that I am paying for the cabin. And I say back... but the email says it is free and I did not get $194 off of the printed cabin rate. Arghhhh. And he said that HAL is not going to just give it away for free. They do need to make a profit.

I wonder if HAL will talk to me? And when you play with the HAL booking site, there is no place to enter promotional code ZL .... of course, I have not gone to the payment tab.

Life is so confusing. :confused:

Edited by KNOT2L82SAIL

While not calling it Explore 4 the Signature Beverage package is available again on "select" cruises.

I gave up the Explore 4 on Monday to take advantage of the lower price. Today I looked at the HAL site and called my PCC right away. She had no idea that the sale was on. So after a few minutes I have the lower price, some OBC and the beverage package.

It pays to be diligent. :)

Thanks for the information and yes it does pay to be diligent,:D congratulations.

it will cost me an additional $194. Yet, the email from HAL says it is free.

Yup, sounds like "double talk" to me, I hope you can get it all worked out! Have your agent actually CALL Hal, and not just tell you WHAT they will say, best advice I have for ya! :rolleyes:

Let us know how you make out!

I am soooo confused. According to my travel agent, to have the Signature package, it will cost me an additional $194. Yet, the email from HAL says it is free. Then he says I have to pay that amount because of the rate that I am paying for the cabin. And I say back... but the email says it is free and I did not get $194 off of the printed cabin rate. Arghhhh. And he said that HAL is not going to just give it away for free. They do need to make a profit.

I wonder if HAL will talk to me? And when you play with the HAL booking site, there is no place to enter promotional code ZL .... of course, I have not gone to the payment tab.

Life is so confusing. :confused:

A question - does the cost on the HAL site differ from what you paid? You should be able to get the HAL site price PLUS the new Signature Drink package.

A question - does the cost on the HAL site differ from what you paid? You should be able to get the HAL site price PLUS the new Signature Drink package.

Interesting... I just went in and tried booking and... the cabin is now more dollars than when I booked. SO they have raised the price to include the "free" signature beverage package. Thank you for raising that question.

I guess what it all comes down to is... free has a different meaning in the HAL dictionary than it does in my dictionary. :rolleyes:

nothing ever free but the explore 4 package was great on our Alaska trip last may and looking forward to it on our 2/27 Caribbean trip - probably cost us something but our cruise isn't on sale now - love not thinking about paying for drinks and we are not wine connoisseurs ( or wine snobs lol) and like the HAL wine.

I'm trying to book a cruise, and am a bit annoyed with the "free" beverage package. I just want the best price I can find. The "free" beverage package is of no use to me; it doesn't cover corkage fees, and I drink (maximum) one cocktail a day. I will re-start shopping for a cruise once the promo is over, I guess.

I, too, gave up the Explore 4 a couple weeks ago when my future cruise dropped $600. Then they had an OBC offer last week which I was able to get $100 OBC for. Then today I saw the Thanksgiving sale and called again. The price for my cruise was the same as when I got the $600 back so the Signature package was added back on. Had to give up the $100 OBC promo, but do keep our Future Booking Bonus and CCL shareholders OBCs. We're not big drinkers either, but I discovered they make great smoothies, too. Plus we won't have to take cases of soda with us, either. I'll also be happy to try some of the specials of the day. If I understand correctly, there also has to be rooms left in your cabin category to get the promotion, doesn't there? Too bad they didn't throw in the Pinnacle Dinner with this promotion, too.