What's up with the Wine & Dine Package?

plowboy920

Hello,

A thought suddenly came to me. If (soon?) everyone is on DD and going from restaurant to different restaurant every night then keeping tabs on what (part) bottle of wine was where would turn into a mammoth task. And waiters retrieving it from your last watering hole would be a tremendous waste of resources not to mention cause a great deal of agitation to PAX waiting for their bottle to arrive.

Regards,

Cublet

Disappointed. We've only sailed with Royal Caribbean but will look at other lines now. Could anyone recommend other lines that they have enjoyed?

Thanks in advance.

You are choosing who you cruise with based on a wine package? Okay.

Hello,

A thought suddenly came to me. If (soon?) everyone is on DD and going from restaurant to different restaurant every night then keeping tabs on what (part) bottle of wine was where would turn into a mammoth task. And waiters retrieving it from your last watering hole would be a tremendous waste of resources not to mention cause a great deal of agitation to PAX waiting for their bottle to arrive.

Regards,

Cublet

I see your point!!! However We always finish a bottle of wine, you never know where it's been or who has handled it!

For whatever it may be worth, my March 2015 Mariner cruise has 5, 7, 10 & 12 bottle packages available. Just purchased the 5 bottle one over the net. No problem. Hope it stays that way.

Edited by Snobe

We always prebook a Wine & Dine Package online before our cruise. Our next cruise is on the Oasis in early Jan. After final payment, when I tried to book it I would get "can't add to reservation at this time, call customer support" so I called and was told be patient there are changes happening. So my question is, now the Wine & Dine package does not show up under beverage packages when I'm logged in or in the What to Know Before You Go section like it has been in the past. Did RCL do away with it? :confused:

Probably just a glitz.

How disappointing. We always buy a wine package. On our 10 people we went through 3 cases total during our 10 night Canadian/Northeast cruise. Not into paying for daily premium packages. It's not just about the alcohol it the enjoyment of wine with dinner.

A thought suddenly came to me. If (soon?) everyone is on DD and going from restaurant to different restaurant every night then keeping tabs on what (part) bottle of wine was where would turn into a mammoth task. And waiters retrieving it from your last watering hole would be a tremendous waste of resources not to mention cause a great deal of agitation to PAX waiting for their bottle to

This would be an issue with a single bottle of wine -it really has nothing to do with packages. Maybe they are going to stop selling wine altogether! 😝

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I called RCCL today regarding the wine package and I was told they were not offering the package on the Navigator after the 1st of the year. We are sailing in January. Not interested in spending money for a drink package since what I understand each adult in the room has to purchase it. My husband doesn't drink!

Guess I will have to purchase wine by the bottle. Just a little aggravating.

I called RCCL today regarding the wine package and I was told they were not offering the package on the Navigator after the 1st of the year. We are sailing in January. Not interested in spending money for a drink package since what I understand each adult in the room has to purchase it. My husband doesn't drink!

The drinks package are not for everyone in the room, so you can have one and not your husband

My 8 night Indy cruise in March 2015 only offers a 10 bottle package.

My 8-night on Indy is not listing a bottle count, but at $300 I sure hope it's a 10 bottle package. (or more :cool: )

We crunched the numbers on this a DW's favorite Moscato is actually a better deal by the bottle than in the package. Hopefully someone can confirm, but I recall when you bought the Ultimate or Premium package there was a discount on per-bottle wine ...or maybe there was and isn't anymore.

Only one has to have the package, not both.

My 8-night on Indy is not listing a bottle count, but at $300 I sure hope it's a 10 bottle package. (or more :cool: )

If you click the "add to cart" button and go a bit further in the process, it does say that it's a 10-bottle package (with no other options available).

We crunched the numbers on this a DW's favorite Moscato is actually a better deal by the bottle than in the package. Hopefully someone can confirm, but I recall when you bought the Ultimate or Premium package there was a discount on per-bottle wine ...or maybe there was and isn't anymore.

Yes, I believe that you do get 20% off bottles of wine with those packages. (According to a PDF I found, 20% off is also provided by the Select package as well.)

Yes they have discontinued the wine package as of January 1, 2015, you only get a discount on wines if you buy a package. My husband and i are wine drinkers and would not benefit from a booze package. We are very upset about this new policy. They are making a big mistake. Plus if you buy wine by the bottle they are $70 average. I am not sure if we can still take on our 2 bottles either. We will be looking at other cruise lines.

Yes they have discontinued the wine package as of January 1, 2015, you only get a discount on wines if you buy a package. My husband and i are wine drinkers and would not benefit from a booze package. We are very upset about this new policy. They are making a big mistake. Plus if you buy wine by the bottle they are $70 average. I am not sure if we can still take on our 2 bottles either. We will be looking at other cruise lines.

You can still take 2 bottles of wine onboard.

Drinks packages includes wine.

Its by the glass or by the bottle (25% discount). Point is I would not use the rest of the package and the cheap one that is by the glass not an option. Have you had their wine by the glass, usually not good because bottle has been opened for too long and there are limited wines by the glass.