The Grande

ezcruizer

I was there on the second night of the 3 night cruise. I wouldn't call The Grande formal. They did require men to wear a jacket (no tie), but I did not see any gowns or tuxes. There were a very few cocktail dresses, but most woman I saw going in had on slacks (not jeans) with blouses or sweaters or nice dresses that maybe you would wear to a nice restaurant on land. Nothing I would consider formal. I think the people that were on my Explorer cruise in October were dressed more formal.

I loved the food in the Grande. Especially German chocolate cake with coconut ice cream and the napoleon. You were lucky, our dinner took 2 1/2 hours, but I think it was just our server, and our area. I saw others that came in the same time as us, leaving while we were just getting our main course. (That was 1 1/2 hours since we had arrived)

So I was thinking of booking this restaurant with my family the first night because that is "smart casual" night and we don't want to do formal. I will have 3 kids 10 and under. Is this restaurant appropriate for kids? If not, I think that's a shame because my family dining options are being shrunk to American Icon and Johnny Rockets... not really cool for a ship that is supposed to cater to families.

So I was thinking of booking this restaurant with my family the first night because that is "smart casual" night and we don't want to do formal. I will have 3 kids 10 and under. Is this restaurant appropriate for kids? If not, I think that's a shame because my family dining options are being shrunk to American Icon and Johnny Rockets... not really cool for a ship that is supposed to cater to families.

Of course it is appropriate for kids, most restaurants are. Silk and Chic are also appropriate. There are no limits to family dining on QOTS unless self imposed.

If your kids eat food then its appropriate for kids.

Hi

It makes sense that they would have smart casual the first night when people haven't gotten their luggage yet.

What about the last night when people are starting to get their luggage packed?

We're traveling with a large group and our travel agent was able to set up our dining on a rotating basis and the last night is the Grande.

Just wondering if we should keep formal wear out for that night or if we can pack it earlier and wear smart casual that night. I usually like to pack earlier the last day so I can enjoy the last evening on board and not stress about packing later.

Either way is fine and we'll do whatever the recommended dress code is, but was just wondering.

Thank you

Noreen

Hi

It makes sense that they would have smart casual the first night when people haven't gotten their luggage yet.

What about the last night when people are starting to get their luggage packed?

We're traveling with a large group and our travel agent was able to set up our dining on a rotating basis and the last night is the Grande.

Just wondering if we should keep formal wear out for that night or if we can pack it earlier and wear smart casual that night. I usually like to pack earlier the last day so I can enjoy the last evening on board and not stress about packing later.

Either way is fine and we'll do whatever the recommended dress code is, but was just wondering.

Thank you

Noreen

Pack and then just place your formal wear in after dinner, then place your luggage outside would be the best bet