Help with day at Port Canaveral transportation to Universal Studio

fred30

I searched the Port Canaveral Threads but can't find any info.

Is there an easy way to get from the QOS to Universal next week? The ship has excursions to Magic Kingdom, MGM, Etc. but I don't see anything to Universal.

If this is too difficult maybe we will just go a beach. Can we just get taxis to/from the beach and what would be a good beach?

Thanks for any help!

There are several car rental agencies near the port that have free shuttles to/from the ship. I know of Avis, Budget, Hertz, and Thrifty. Probably more.

Ok -that sounds great... but are they running the shuttles while the ship is in port as a port of call rather than embarkation/debarkation?

I don't seem to remember seeing them the last time we were there, but we were running around like crazy that morning to catch the bus so I may very well have missed them.

And, we had an odd situation to where one of the two buses from Universal left early and ended up over loading the other bus. Thankfully since it was a cruise sponsored excursion the other family was put on a taxi at no cost to them, but it was a fun few minutes while they were discussing how to seat people until the driver stepped in and put their foot down. So - if they do end up having a Universal excursion, I highly recommend being back at the bus at least 20 minutes early. :)

Ok -that sounds great... but are they running the shuttles while the ship is in port as a port of call rather than embarkation/debarkation? ...

Whichever rental agency you decide to go with, I would call the local office directly and ask them.

The ship absolutely DOES run a bus to Universal. It works very well. :)

Note: I have not done this from the Quantum, but I would be gob-smacked if they didn't offer it.

You are correct. I went back in and found it. I must not have loaded all their tours before because now there is a whole lot more. It's too late to book now but hopefully there will be room once were on-board.

Thanks for the Info!

As previously mentioned, there are several rental car options, and I found that to be the most economical means of transport. I'll be heading to SeaWorld for the day.

Avis closes early, but the local office allows after hours drops (not indicated in website) and has a recommended taxi to the port. All the companies indicate they have shuttles to pick you up at the pier.

I wouldn't spend money to do this....you simply don't have enough time! Either Universal or Disney Magic Kingdom take 2 full days...and you won't even have a full day... I'd save this for a vacation unto itself!

Very true. It will be crazy crowded on a holiday week