Happy Hour 2 for 1 drinks?

mississauga

Lol .. we ordered it from Princess ...it will be in our room when we get there ...we don't smuggle ...the stress would be too much for me.

Did a 4 day on Crown in early February. For some reason I looked through the worthless coupon book. I was surprised to find an extra BOGO coupon! It was for a single instance of BOGO at Skywalker's between 10:00 and 11:00 PM.

I used the coupon for that and then also took advantage of the "regular" BOGO from 11:00 - Midnight. Since I prefer straight Bulleit (bourbon) with no ice I have them put both in a single glass. If you do the early one shortly before 11:00 and then the regular one just after 11:00 you can end up with 4 servings which you can then pour into a single glass. I then took the glass back to my cabin, set it aside, and went to bed. I had a nice little bourbon stash the next day. :)

Edited by Thrak

Does anyone recall if there was a 2 for 1 happy hour on Embarkation Day as well? Or more specifically, if there were BOTH happy hours (3 to 4 and 11 to 12)?

Just checked my Patter from our December cruise on the Royal. None shown for 3-4 and there was one for 11-12.

I was just on the Royal and we went a few times to the Bogo but like mentioned Crooners was CRAZY. Club 6 at 11 pm was much better.

We even bought bottles of wine - got two for the price of one! Very handy.

They also had a shooter deal. $3 and you got to keep the glass

See attached

349900110_IMGP0284copy.jpg.6271f4a6776b60739863aad1fa98dd3c.jpg

yes you can buy bottles of wine or at least we did on the Royal this month.

Yes you can bring the bottles to the dining room. You do pay the 15% gratuity on all beverages too.

Please clarify this for me/us. You bought a full bottle of wine at the bar during the 2 for 1 Happy Hour? and if so, did you ask for the menu of bottled wine and chose from it?

Please clarify this for me/us. You bought a full bottle of wine at the bar during the 2 for 1 Happy Hour? and if so, did you ask for the menu of bottled wine and chose from it?

they can provide the menu for the wine if you wish. But we knew what we wanted. They have copies (at least on the Royal) of Sabatinis bar menu, Crown Grill wine list and the dining room's wine list.

I have copies of the wine lists on my blog

I was just on the Royal and we went a few times to the Bogo but like mentioned Crooners was CRAZY. Club 6 at 11 pm was much better.

Now that is the most important piece of information I have seen here. Many thanks!

They also had a shooter deal. $3 and you got to keep the glass

See attached

I would never have thought of this. It would certainly bring the Princess price for wine down to a more "real-world" level! I will file this one away in the back of my brain for out PC cruise in September.

They also had a shooter deal. $3 and you got to keep the glassSee attached

This is during the Happy Hour too?

• 2 weeks later...
spent 20 days on the grand...happy hour in wheelhouse 3-4. This really obliterated the need to go up to the p/e/s bar in the evenings. Especially because they changed (or went back to original rules) where you have to have the "featured" drink each night. You used to be able to have any of the featured drinks on any given night. This was especially helpful for me because i'm allergic to gin. We always enjoyed going up there before dinner, but now, after the second night, we never went. I missed going up there, but 2 for 1 is a better deal that $5 for a drink i don't like or can have. I think they should have the 2 for 1 in the p/e/s bar also. Now that would be a nice perk!

you are so right, & its stupid changing this policy. Now hardly anyone goes to the elite happy hr.

I'd also like to know about the 2 for 1 wine. And if you buy it at happy hour, how do they know you already paid so you can bring it to the dining room w/o a corkage fee? (If it's not marked, you could just bring on board wine on their list and drink it in the MDR anytime w/o paying. We won't ourselves, as we prefer to bring different wines than on the list.)

This is all good to know. We will be on Coral Princess next month and from the discussion, it is now on all ships?

Since this is my first non-Royal Caribbean cruise, we will be missing the Diamond perks that were so easy to get used to. ;)

Is there a limit to how many times you can order during the happy hour? For instance if we wanted to both order drinks, but I also wanted to order cans of soda..

I would think that you could order everything at the same time. For example, if your DH ordered a cognac, you ordered a rum and coke plus an extra can of coke, you would receive 2 cognacs, 2 rums and coke and 2 cans of coke.

Of course, they would not object if you ordered seconds. Again, you would receive 2 of each of whatever you ordered.

Is there a limit to how many times you can order during the happy hour? For instance if we wanted to both order drinks, but I also wanted to order cans of soda..

The limit would be how frequently you were able to get a waiter to take your order. We've found it gets pretty crowded at the BOGO. If the first day isn't full then by the third day it probably will be packed. I've ordered twice during the BOGO hour but it was once at the beginning - actually a few minutes in advance as the waiter wanted to get a start on taking (but not yet filling) orders - and then again toward the end of the hour. The waiters are very busy. I suppose if you got up and tracked one down you could get in 3 orders during the hour.

Just off Caribbean Princess.........2 for 1 was in fusion midday . No cans of soda etc. in that bar: had bar spray for tonic, club soda etc. Over several days bought : beer , Korbel and mixed drinks had to be the same drink. Most enjoyable. Did not check out wine as we brought our own and paid corkage fee. But will check out wine on next cruise.