Happy Hour 2 for 1 drinks?

mississauga

• 3 weeks later...
Good luck with that! Not only that doubles the time, but would cost three times more! Not happening!

I know that it will not even be considered. However, take away the Elite Event at night IMHO it is not a perk and totally confusing from ship to ship. Never consistent on whether you can get any drink or just the drink of the evening. In addition, keep my bar setup and give me this option even for a couple of hours. Other cruise lines are giving free drinks for 2 to 3 hours per evening to their top tier guests.

OK, lets not get into all the other perks. I am just addressing this one specific thing. There are too many pros and cons and each perk and how it is used/abused. LOL

What do most people do about gratuities? On land, when using a coupon we'll tip on the total before discount.

Gratuities are already included.

Although the gratuities (15%) are already included I often tipped the waiter an extra $1 for our first round at the BOGO each day. It's crazy busy and it's amazing the extra attention one gets. It's only a buck and it the waiter seems quite appreciative.

I like the elite lounge from 5 to 7. We didn't go everyday and we enjoyed it when we did. I would be bummed if they took that away. I have taken half of our liquor from our bar set up home last two cruises. we didn't drink all of the water and about half of the soda and I forced us to open the last beer the morning we left lol

Don't know about the Royal, but it is on the Emerald.

Yes it is, and be prepared to stand in a ridiculously long line to get into the lounge. People started lining up 1 hour early to get in.

Can you take advantage of this and use the Beverage package (40% off bottles) as well, or is it one or the other?

Debating whether to buy extra pre-cruise and pay corkage, or try the BOGO...might be a better deal...

Thanks!

Just off the Royal and they had BOGO at Crooner's from 3-4pm, wish it was 4-5 so you could take one to dinner. At 11pm they had BOGO at Club 6. Crooner's was packed not so much at Club 6.

When I bought my beer I asked not to open the bottles and they didn't. Some guys were buying 5 and getting 10 and I only saw them open one beer. Of course it helped that I knew the head bartender at Crooner's. Raphael is a great guy and got a good tip. I found if you tip a couple of bucks the bartenders will do just about anything you ask. A few bucks for a tip is sure offset by the BOGO. I was surprised riding the elevator during BOGO that a lot of guys just had a bucket of beer and weren't taking advantage of the BOGO. With the BOGO deal I saved at least $150 in bar tabs.

I like the elite lounge from 5 to 7. We didn't go everyday and we enjoyed it when we did. I would be bummed if they took that away. I have taken half of our liquor from our bar set up home last two cruises. we didn't drink all of the water and about half of the soda and I forced us to open the last beer the morning we left lol

It seems like the new policy is on all ships, only the drink of the night is $5. A big disappointment for us. We feel they are taking away benefits from loyal cruisers of Princess, it may be time to look at Rccl.

Just off the Royal and they had BOGO at Crooner's from 3-4pm, wish it was 4-5 so you could take one to dinner. At 11pm they had BOGO at Club 6. Crooner's was packed not so much at Club 6.

When I bought my beer I asked not to open the bottles and they didn't. Some guys were buying 5 and getting 10 and I only saw them open one beer. Of course it helped that I knew the head bartender at Crooner's. Raphael is a great guy and got a good tip. I found if you tip a couple of bucks the bartenders will do just about anything you ask. A few bucks for a tip is sure offset by the BOGO. I was surprised riding the elevator during BOGO that a lot of guys just had a bucket of beer and weren't taking advantage of the BOGO. With the BOGO deal I saved at least $150 in bar tabs.

Did you find the glasses used for the bogo offer are smaller?

We found this last year at Crooners for the margaritas, the glass was 1/3 less then the regular sized drinks.

I get the Ultimate Cooler. On the Emerald last month at the p/e/s in Skywalkers I found it is now in a glass thats much smaller and $10.29!!! with grat. Really disappointed. :mad:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We took advantage of the afternoon BOGO on the Regal in December 2014. While very crowded, we never had a long wait to order at the bar. The bartenders are extremely efficient at filling orders. We would stock up on bottled water (both sizes) and beer (both cans and bottles). I asked them to leave the beers unopened and that was never a problem. The only problem was the fridge not being big enough to hold our stash! Ordering at the bar also provided some good afternoon entertainment due to the constant flow of customers and the unavoidable confusion of how to place your order. Customer: I'd like two... Bartender: So do you want two or four? :)

It seems like the new policy is on all ships, only the drink of the night is $5. A big disappointment for us. We feel they are taking away benefits from loyal cruisers of Princess, it may be time to look at Rccl.

It is not a reduction of the benefit. All along the benefit was one kind of drink each evening at the special price.

Allowing that drink to be the special from any of the evenings was a deviation from the policy, a deviation many think is a good one.

On the Crown 2 weeks ago neither BOGO would sell 2 for 1 wine bottles

Did you notice if people were able to purchase multiples of other drinks like bottled water or bottled beer to go? Seems if that's allowed bottles of wine should be.

Thanks, at least we know not to count on wine by the bottle.

they can provide the menu for the wine if you wish. But we knew what we wanted. They have copies (at least on the Royal) of Sabatinis bar menu, Crown Grill wine list and the dining room's wine list.

I have copies of the wine lists on my blog

How for I find your blog (new to forum)

Lol .. we ordered it from Princess ...it will be in our room when we get there ...we dont smuggle ...the stress would be too much for me.

We would do the same ... not worth the stress, totally agree.

Just off Crown. Yep. The second round of Noro cruise.

While on board someone told me to go to this Happy Hour and we did. She also gave us a tip to get two splits of champagne - they were Korbel - and it was $16.00 for four small bottles. Took them back to cabin and made Mimosas every morning with orange juice from room service. Enjoyed on the balcony. It was our experience to be there promptly at 3:00 when the Happy Hour opened and go right up to the bar to carry out. We also got great Mai Tais one day too. It gets crowded very quickly but fun and good deal.

Sounds like a great way to do this.

It is not a reduction of the benefit. All along the benefit was one kind of drink each evening at the special price.

Allowing that drink to be the special from any of the evenings was a deviation from the policy, a deviation many think is a good one.

Personally I think the new policy is not advantageous to Princess, the Elite lounge except for the first night of sailing as Bogo doesn`t exist that day is rarely busy. Last month on Regal they only needed 2 waiters who were not that busy. What`s better getting $5 or Bogo!