Happy Hour 2 for 1 drinks?

mississauga

I was under the impression that soft drinks were permitted to be brought on board the Princess fleet and also bottled water. If I'm incorrect someone please chime in to save me some trouble. (Have a December Island Princess cruise planned.)

Yes you can bring pop on board .. but the hotel hubby booked is not near any stores ..well until I looked instead of just assuming he looked. And there is a store a few blocks away so we will be able to go and get a case or two before we board. We travel with only one suitcase and a small carry on so it wont be too much to carry.And we have finally made platinum for this cruise so embarkation will be easier I hope.

Yes you can bring pop on board .. but the hotel hubby booked is not near any stores ..well until I looked instead of just assuming he looked. And there is a store a few blocks away so we will be able to go and get a case or two before we board. We travel with only one suitcase and a small carry on so it wont be too much to carry.And we have finally made platinum for this cruise so embarkation will be easier I hope.

You probably know this but as I understand you can check a package of your soft drinks and/or water along with your checked baggage. If you don't have an extra luggage tag or two, they can issue you more at check-in so you don't have to schlep around a case of Coca Cola on the ship while waiting for your cabin to be available. Have fun!

Just off Crown. Yep. The second round of Noro cruise.

While on board someone told me to go to this Happy Hour and we did. She also gave us a tip to get two splits of champagne - they were Korbel - and it was $16.00 for four small bottles. Took them back to cabin and made Mimosas every morning with orange juice from room service. Enjoyed on the balcony. It was our experience to be there promptly at 3:00 when the Happy Hour opened and go right up to the bar to carry out. We also got great Mai Tais one day too. It gets crowded very quickly but fun and good deal.

You probably know this but as I understand you can check a package of your soft drinks and/or water along with your checked baggage. If you don't have an extra luggage tag or two, they can issue you more at check-in so you don't have to schlep around a case of Coca Cola on the ship while waiting for your cabin to be available. Have fun!

Yes we did this before ... duct taped 2 together and put a tag on it lol ... we have our small carry on that has wheels so we will just put our wine and pop in that .I have learned to pack light for the cruise so I have room in the suitcase for stuff on the return flight.12 days!!! bringing lots of wipes for the cabin so I can clean it well.Never been sick on 15 cruises and I think it helps to give it a good sanitize with all the noro on the Crown.

Yes we did this before ... duct taped 2 together and put a tag on it lol ... we have our small carry on that has wheels so we will just put our wine and pop in that .I have learned to pack light for the cruise so I have room in the suitcase for stuff on the return flight.12 days!!! bringing lots of wipes for the cabin so I can clean it well.Never been sick on 15 cruises and I think it helps to give it a good sanitize with all the noro on the Crown.

We also always wipe everything down in the room and bathroom (and sometimes are surprised at the dust we get) However another tip I must admit I had not done was to also wipe down the life vests as everyone has to try them on:o

We were on the Ruby - Happy hour was 3-4 every day in the Wheelhouse Bar and again from 11-Midnight at Skywalkers. Needless to say my wife never made it to the 3:30 tea. The Happy Hour times and location were listed in the patter each day.

Edited by TravelingEA

When we went to the Happy Hour I noticed someone at the bar with a couple of unopened cans of Diet Coke so I assume that they are also included.

On another note - we didn't realize that the two drinks had to be the same even if they are the same price. I ordered a margarita and my husband ordered something else and we each ended up with two so if you are a light drinker and only want one be sure that you both order the same drink.

We were on the Ruby - Happy hour was 3-4 every day in the Wheelhouse Bar and again from 11-Midnight at Skywalkers. Needless to say my wife never made it to the 3:30 tea. The Happy Hour times and location were listed in the patter each day.

We just got off the Star this morning on a 10 day cruise. Happy hour was the same times and places on the ship everyday. We never made it to the Platinum lounge any of the nights nor did my partner make it to afternoon tea! Several times I made it to the 11 PM event in Skywalkers though. One thing I had not seen before though was that they gave us a raffle ticket with every 2 for 1 drink we bought and then raffled off three really nice bottle of wine on the last 3-4 PM happy hour. You had to be present to win and the Wheelhouse Bar was crammed with pax that day.

One poster mentioned that the 2 for 1 had to be the same drink (e.g. two bottles of Dos Equis). However if you are drinking highballs, they will put both shots in a tall glass with the mixer and ice. I had some real nice stiff gin and tonic drinks.

This is just what hubby was asking me ... we have 3 bottles of rum for the room but no way to get any pop before we board the ship. We are going to get some beer at the happy hour but would like to get our diet coke also.

Your cases and carry on will be scanned and x ray... and you can expect to have the bottles removed and returned to you as you exit the ship when the cruise is over.

You can bring 1 bottle of Wine I believe on board for a $15 charge.

This is enforced as it is a major center of profit and there is no flexability or oh ..go ahead

Your cases and carry on will be scanned and x ray... and you can expect to have the bottles removed and returned to you as you exit the ship when the cruise is over.

You can bring 1 bottle of Wine I believe on board for a $15 charge.

This is enforced as it is a major center of profit and there is no flexability or oh ..go ahead

Go back a page where I said that the bottles are purchased from Princess from bon voyage .. but I sure do appreciate your concern over my rum .. and you can bring one bottle of wine each without the $ 15 charge .. just so you know .

Just a note to say you never have to wait for your cabin to be available. On Princess all cabins are available immediately upon boarding.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the CB & happy hour is 3-4pm Wheelhouse bar and Skywalker 11-12. You get a raffle ticket for each drink you pay for & the raffle,as posted earlier, is at 4:00pm & you must be present to win. Drinks do have to be the same, but you can split with someone if you have the same taste :) I usually got there about 2:40 & read my book until happy time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just off a 20 day cruise on the Royal. The room fridge is empty so you need to buy mixers (Sodas) if you order Alcohol from Room service. They do 6 pay for 5 for $11.50 but a better offer is 2 for 1 from Crooners Bar 3 till 4pm happy hour, where you will pay $2.05 for 2 diet coke. On sea days the Bar is crowded so my tip is go on port days and buy what you need for the rest of your cruise, also a good idea to stock up on beers for the deck party night, 2 Budweiser for $5.95. Just ask for them to go.

We are recently off of a 10 day on Star. 11/14 - 11/24. We did the BOGO in Wheelhouse every day from 3:00 - 4:00. The first few days it was quiet. After that it seems everybody on the ship figured it out and it was quite crowded. I also hit the BOGO in Skywalker's a couple of times (11:00 - 12:00) but that's really pretty late for me.

You got a ticket each time you ordered and, on the last day of the BOGO, they had a drawing in Wheelhouse. There were 3 prizes - all bottles of wine. Princess valued them at something like $68, $120, and $160. (Those aren't the exact valuations but it gives an idea of the range for first, second, and third place.)

I didn't win anything in the drawing. :rolleyes:

Spent 20 days on the Grand...Happy Hour in Wheelhouse 3-4. This really obliterated the need to go up to the P/E/S Bar in the evenings. Especially because they changed (or went back to original rules) where you have to have the "featured" drink each night. You used to be able to have any of the featured drinks on any given night. This was especially helpful for me because I'm allergic to gin. We always enjoyed going up there before dinner, but now, after the second night, we never went. I missed going up there, but 2 for 1 is a better deal that $5 for a drink I don't like or can have. I think they should have the 2 for 1 in the P/E/S bar also. Now that would be a nice perk!

We are recently off of a 10 day on Star. 11/14 - 11/24. We did the BOGO in Wheelhouse every day from 3:00 - 4:00. The first few days it was quiet. After that it seems everybody on the ship figured it out and it was quite crowded. I also hit the BOGO in Skywalker's a couple of times (11:00 - 12:00) but that's really pretty late for me.

You got a ticket each time you ordered and, on the last day of the BOGO, they had a drawing in Wheelhouse. There were 3 prizes - all bottles of wine. Princess valued them at something like $68, $120, and $160. (Those aren't the exact valuations but it gives an idea of the range for first, second, and third place.)

I didn't win anything in the drawing. :rolleyes:

I was on the same cruise with you and took advantage of the BOGO in the Wheelhouse bar every day. I did make it to Skywalkers as well but not every night. Also like you I did not win a bottle either.

I went about 5:20 to the first night P/E/S and could not even get in the place with the crowd. I never returned after finding the BOGO event which was much better as you mentioned.

Edited by satxdiver

Just a quick note - I am on the Grand now and one day the Patter said the Wheelhouse was not open until 4:30. We had been going to Happy Hour each day but didn't go that day. Around 3:45 we walked by and the bar was packed with Happy Hour BOGO folks. So it appears to be every day regardless of what the Patter says, at least on the Grand.

We just got off the Emerald on Sunday - I had forgot about this until Saturday..... We did our best to make up for lost time, but in the end all I did was cause myself less sleep that night :-) Had to laugh at the people buying the 3 beers and getting 6 and being asked about the 5 for 4 offer :-) Duh.

Just off the Royal & yes soda & water is. The crooners gets Very BUSY & hard to find a table. I wish we can get the same deal for the elite/plat party.

THANK YOU! Another useful bit of information added to my notepad! The poor thing's getting rather FULL!

I'm pretty well organised, all that needs to be done is pay the cruise deposit and International Travel Insurance; keep making fortnightly payments, then enjoy the cruise!

Crochetcruise:cool:

• 2 months later...