PICTURE REVIEW – Quantum of the Seas 2 Day Sampler

Kcjarvis

I was just on the Breakaway, a ship reputed to be of only average intelligence, and it had a really cool light system where you flicked switches inside the cabin that lit either a red light (DND) or a green light (make up room).

NCL has various systems on their ships. On some ships there´s sort of a tiny "wheel" which is turned on "welcome" when you board. The other options are "Do not disturb" and "Make up cabin". I think on the Breakaway/Getaway those lights are also connected with a switchboard in the housekeeping room so the cabin steward can see which cabin is empty.

steamboats

Karmacats - Look what I found when I was unpacking

woo hoo! thank you! just the info i was looking for. i didn't realize the regular room service menu would also be complementary - that's an extra added bonus.

everyone's so up in arms about the $5 per item room service charges, i bet i could clean up with black market room service orders. ("pssst, buddy, give me two bucks an item and i'll order them for you from my suite.") :p

(just kidding, of course. and i totally think the room service charges are bogus and should be eliminated for everyone, except the usual late-night charge. but for some reason i'm picturing suite guests standing on the hallway corners in trench coats filled with illicit gourmet burgers.)

hope you have a great thanksgiving!

woo hoo! thank you! just the info i was looking for. i didn't realize the regular room service menu would also be complementary - that's an extra added bonus.

everyone's so up in arms about the $5 per item room service charges, i bet i could clean up with black market room service orders. ("pssst, buddy, give me two bucks an item and i'll order them for you from my suite.") :p

(just kidding, of course. and i totally think the room service charges are bogus and should be eliminated for everyone, except the usual late-night charge. but for some reason i'm picturing suite guests standing on the hallway corners in trench coats filled with illicit gourmet burgers.)

hope you have a great thanksgiving!

Trench coats from the sex plex hahaha - Happy TG to u also

Trench coats from the sex plex hahaha - Happy TG to u also

Hahahahahaha! I just started laughing so hard my DH is looking at me like i'm crazy.

I hope that's an autocorrect

There's an earlier post in this thread where the "seaplex" posted as "sexplex." That one was an accident. This one was on purpose, I suspect. :eek:

Don't be greedy you guys in Florida have enough learn to share!

Yea! What he/she said!!

I must give RC credit, it seems they really went out on a limb with this one. I will probably try it some day but I have a feeling the Freedom class will remain my favorite forever lol. Great review!!!

• 2 weeks later...
15859541192_20287d7985_z.jpg

15672834750_4b6a7ae338_z.jpg

15860176085_1bbafca9c9_z.jpg

15237892584_f4586bbef1_z.jpg

15674162249_2543cfa73c_z.jpg

15672834480_de0a034f65_z.jpg

Hi Ken or anyone,

Can passengers serve themselves wine from these machines by swiping their card or something? I suppose I will find out in just 3 short weeks, but hope someone will chime in.

Denise

Hi Ken or anyone,

Can passengers serve themselves wine from these machines by swiping their card or something? I suppose I will find out in just 3 short weeks, but hope someone will chime in.

Denise

Yes. It was not intuitive (at least to me!), each cabinet holds 4 bottles and there are 4 illuminated options. You hold your card against the left option and then press the glass size you want, above the wine you want.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Yes. It was not intuitive (at least to me!), each cabinet holds 4 bottles and there are 4 illuminated options. You hold your card against the left option and then press the glass size you want, above the wine you want.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Thank you! I think I've got it. If I see something I like I may have to try it. 😃

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Guess what we will cover next...yep SEAPLEX and Deck 15...

This very active deck has so much to do that you could spend all day here and never do one thing twice...see the next post for all that it has to offer...meantime check out the layout and some pics of the first Bumper Cars at sea from cruiser Kcjarvis

One thing to keep in mind is that the actual Seaplex area is a multipurpose area used for a variety of things bumper cars, basketball, roller skating, the circus trapeze area so keep track of thinks in your compass as everything is not available every day all day...

15842528936_56c8886be8_z.jpg

15866350881_486b6a686f_z.jpg

15248690803_e158d7805a_z.jpg

15246081254_1d1d956d01_z.jpg

15681004880_dab7481be0_z.jpg

15248690623_e3d6d84cb2_z.jpg

Deck 15 Seaplex Public Areas

Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center

Indulgence begins here. Our seaside fitness center features modern exercise equipment powered by Technogym. And our full-service spa offers a beauty salon and spa treatments, including massage, manicures and body wraps.

Jogging Track

Run laps while taking in the view. Our tracks are open to anyone.

North Star℠

Step into an intimate, jewel-shaped capsule and gently ascend 300 feet above sea level, where you can enjoy breathtaking views of the ocean, the ship and ports of call. Available sunrise to sunset.

North Star℠ Bar

Champagne, signature cocktails and breathtaking views make for a truly uplifting atmosphere.

Arcade

Blips, bleeps, clangs and cheers. Play to win in a classic arca de atmosphere with timeless games, table hockey, exciting driving games, cranes and ticket to prize games.

Fuel Teen Disco

Teens enjoy a dedicated night club and a teen-only space, the Fuel Teen Disco, where they can hang out without the kids or adults around. Teens get their own Cruise Compass filled with lots of shipboard activities from scavenger hunts and pizza parties to playing in the video arcade.

SeaPlex℠

Cutting-edge indoor sports zone with full size basketball court, roller skating, a floating DJ booth, a circus school and first ever at sea - bumper cars. Above the main floor on the mezzanine level four expansive and distinctive Activity Rooms with expansive views of the sea are available with diverse experiences including table tennis and more.

SeaPlex® Dog House

The first food truck at sea, serving up traditional hot dogs, brats, and sausages, plus a variety of toppings to split a long bun.

Rock Climbing Wall

Our signature rock climbing walls are our most popular feature and are available on all Royal Caribbean cruise ships. Whether it's your first time on a rock wall or you're a seasoned climber, there are challenges for all levels of experience. We'll provide all of the equipment, including shoes, helmets and harnesses.