Ben and Jerry's suite Freedom recent cruisers?

93beachbum

We have the "sweet" on the Liberty in Dec. Is access to the "Cowsierge" Lounge during specific evening hours only or is it accessible during the day as well. In other words will we have total access as the suite guests have? Sounds like a nice quiet spot to hang out in during inclement weather. We never stayed in full suites (nor partial ones :eek:) and don't know first hand what the set up is. I'm excited for the Lounge access and the ice cream. Yum! Our cabin was only $40 pp more than a regular inside cabin.

I started a "Sweet" thread awhile ago but don't recall if this was addressed.

Thanking you in advance.

We have the "sweet" on the Liberty in Dec. Is access to the "Cowsierge" Lounge during specific evening hours only or is it accessible during the day as well. In other words will we have total access as the suite guests have? Sounds like a nice quiet spot to hang out in during inclement weather. We never stayed in full suites (nor partial ones :eek:) and don't know first hand what the set up is. I'm excited for the Lounge access and the ice cream. Yum! Our cabin was only $40 pp more than a regular inside cabin.

I started a "Sweet" thread awhile ago but don't recall if this was addressed.

Thanking you in advance.

Your room key has 24 hr access to the Concierge Lounge.

We had the Ben & Jerry's Sweet and the adjoining cabin for the January 4, 2015 2-night sailing pre-dry dock. It was cute, but 2-nights was good. Had a 15 month old in the adjoining cabin with daughter and her husband. Had a tough time getting her to sleep on the street party night. LOUD isn't the word for it! The bridge where they do the YMCA and stuff is just outside the window. Ends at midnight, so don't plan on getting sleep before then.

We had the Ben & Jerry's Sweet and the adjoining cabin for the January 4, 2015 2-night sailing pre-dry dock. It was cute, but 2-nights was good. Had a 15 month old in the adjoining cabin with daughter and her husband. Had a tough time getting her to sleep on the street party night. LOUD isn't the word for it! The bridge where they do the YMCA and stuff is just outside the window. Ends at midnight, so don't plan on getting sleep before then.

This won't be our first PR cabin. We usually don't get to sleep before midnight. Truthfully, I don't recall it all that noisy in the RP just before midnight but it won't impact on our sleep at all. Good to know, though.

Ok, so I have already paid in full with 1 dd and me in the sweet and dh and other dd in the connecting room. I called today and they are saying it will cost me $250 to move dh into room 6305 with me because I have already passed the paid in full date. He made the comment that we could do whatever we wanted once we got there. However, then dh wouldn't get the concierge lounge right? I think I will try calling again tomorrow. I don't think I should have to pay for changing people in rooms should I?

Ok, so I have already paid in full with 1 dd and me in the sweet and dh and other dd in the connecting room. I called today and they are saying it will cost me $250 to move dh into room 6305 with me because I have already passed the paid in full date. He made the comment that we could do whatever we wanted once we got there. However, then dh wouldn't get the concierge lounge right? I think I will try calling again tomorrow. I don't think I should have to pay for changing people in rooms should I?

No you shouldn't have to pay for moving people around between two cabins. However, this is Royal Caribbean and simple logic has no place in Royal Caribbean's scheme of things.

Buy your wife can still go into the lounge. She can go in with you.

Thanks,so we both don't have to use our cards to get in?

No, you don't. One card, two people, husband and wife. Nobody is going to question it and if asked, your wife can say she left her card in the cabin. Or you wife can assume your daughter's identity for a short period of time. Since you and your wife will be actually staying in the same room, anyone who sees you will see your wife and you coming out and out of the sweet suite.

60b5db17c12ab24f6b22929ebc217543.jpg?dd=1404380175

No you shouldn't have to pay for moving people around between two cabins. However, this is Royal Caribbean and simple logic has no place in Royal Caribbean's scheme of things.

Buy your wife can still go into the lounge. She can go in with you.

I so agree! I don't understand the logic of charging extra money to move someone from one cabin to another, both in the same category :confused:

At first I thought I was reading my roll call thread and thought someone else booked my "sweet" for my sailing. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Freedom in the Ben & Jerry's Sweet Suite. Ask anything you would like. We thought it was a great room, we also had the adjoining room for our 21/22 year old boys. I will say that we have sailed over the past 2 years in Superior Balcony, Jr. Suite, and Royal Family Suite's. This was very different, cozy, but very enjoyable. There are only 4 drawers, and the smaller closet, so you get creative in unpacking. There is plenty of space under the bed for luggage. There is very little storage space behind the mirrors on the desk, they are only about 2 1/2 inches deep, as opposed to the normal 4-5 inches depth we have seen in the past. The view will definitly make you laugh. It is 2 life sized cow butts, complete with plastic grass under the cows, that only you can see looking down. The entire room is cow motif, black and white all over. We each had a coupon each day for 1 scoop of ice cream, a total of 14 scoops, value = $35.00. We also had keys to the concierge lounge. The concierge was wonderful, he even allowed us to bring our family in from the other 2 rooms once in a while, as long as we didn't do it every day. They also allowed us to use the gold keys for the reserved seating in the theater, the conceirge assisted us with the reservation for the perfect location cabana on Labadee, as we were accompanying our son on his "family-moon". Now - the down side, we have only 1. If you are a light sleeper, this could be big. There is a big, metal, crew entrance door in Ben & Jerry's. When it closes you hear it. You get used to it pretty quick, it doesn't happen that often, but when it does you know it. None of us are light sleepers, so once we heard it a few times, it was easy to ignore. We were more curious as to what it was. So we went down, had a cup of coffee and watched until we figured it out. All-in-all I would highly recommend this room to anyone. We had a blast and will ask for its availability anytime we cruise on a Freedom class in the future. I can say - for the price - it was FANTASTIC!!!!

Just back from Freedom in the Ben & Jerry's Sweet Suite. Ask anything you would like. We thought it was a great room, we also had the adjoining room for our 21/22 year old boys. I will say that we have sailed over the past 2 years in Superior Balcony, Jr. Suite, and Royal Family Suite's. This was very different, cozy, but very enjoyable. There are only 4 drawers, and the smaller closet, so you get creative in unpacking. There is plenty of space under the bed for luggage. There is very little storage space behind the mirrors on the desk, they are only about 2 1/2 inches deep, as opposed to the normal 4-5 inches depth we have seen in the past. The view will definitly make you laugh. It is 2 life sized cow butts, complete with plastic grass under the cows, that only you can see looking down. The entire room is cow motif, black and white all over. We each had a coupon each day for 1 scoop of ice cream, a total of 14 scoops, value = $35.00. We also had keys to the concierge lounge. The concierge was wonderful, he even allowed us to bring our family in from the other 2 rooms once in a while, as long as we didn't do it every day. They also allowed us to use the gold keys for the reserved seating in the theater, the conceirge assisted us with the reservation for the perfect location cabana on Labadee, as we were accompanying our son on his "family-moon". Now - the down side, we have only 1. If you are a light sleeper, this could be big. There is a big, metal, crew entrance door in Ben & Jerry's. When it closes you hear it. You get used to it pretty quick, it doesn't happen that often, but when it does you know it. None of us are light sleepers, so once we heard it a few times, it was easy to ignore. We were more curious as to what it was. So we went down, had a cup of coffee and watched until we figured it out. All-in-all I would highly recommend this room to anyone. We had a blast and will ask for its availability anytime we cruise on a Freedom class in the future. I can say - for the price - it was FANTASTIC!!!!

We are booked in the Sweet and its connecting room in July. We've stayed in a promenade room on Voyager so we kind of know what to expect but I am sure the view from this room will be unlike any other. First time I have heard about the grass being mentioned though! Our last cruise on Freedom was in an aft cabin... that was nice too.

I am curious though about the concierge and the Labadee cabana? Did you have any trouble arranging that? Did you do it ahead of time or on-board? I would really like one but I was afraid they were hot items and probably be a waiting list type of thing. I think they cost around $250, right?

Did the gold keys help with preferred seating just for the 2 occupants of the cow-room or for your other family as well?

I think I have read too that you may get some upgraded soap/shampoo and robes as well?

The CL is a nice perk... not sure how much we will benefit from it... hopefully some.

I appreciate your willingness to answer some questions about this unique room.

We are booked in the Sweet and its connecting room in July. We've stayed in a promenade room on Voyager so we kind of know what to expect but I am sure the view from this room will be unlike any other. First time I have heard about the grass being mentioned though! Our last cruise on Freedom was in an aft cabin... that was nice too.

I am curious though about the concierge and the Labadee cabana? Did you have any trouble arranging that? Did you do it ahead of time or on-board? I would really like one but I was afraid they were hot items and probably be a waiting list type of thing. I think they cost around $250, right?

Did the gold keys help with preferred seating just for the 2 occupants of the cow-room or for your other family as well?

I think I have read too that you may get some upgraded soap/shampoo and robes as well?

The CL is a nice perk... not sure how much we will benefit from it... hopefully some.

When we had the "Sweet" we did not get gold Seapass cards, we had separate CL access cards which were just plain white cards with nothing on them. I'm not sure if this has been changed since then.

That being said, entry to the lounge and the ice cream were the only perks. We did not get access to the other gold card areas, or the in-cabin amenities that the full suites get.

The banging door lives on. :eek:

I reserved our cabana long long ago, I do not believe you can do that anymore. If you contact the Concierge the first day, he will book it for you, and he controls who gets what. Suite holders have first priority on cabana's before they are available to standard rooms. The Concierge also determines the list of who is in what one. We had a special request for a particular one we like, and he made sure we had it. The cost ranges and is cheaper for those with Suites from those with standard cabins. Also a price difference for over water vs. on the beach. We prefer over deep water where we can dive in from the top of the ladder / rock. Also like being at the end where it is a little more private and quiet. The upgraded BBQ is also a plus, steak, shrimp, and ribs in addition to the standard burgers, dogs, and chicken.

The gold keys are only for the 2 people in the room. Since we were with a wedding party and there were 6 of us total as a group booking, the concierge already knew that and invited the entire family to the lounge as long as we didn't all show up together every night. The reserved seating in the theater really only applied to 2 of us with the gold keys, but we were recognized as a group by those we met and talked with in the lounge, so there was never a question. We also only used that seating twice, we preferred to be down front. The reserved seating is center mezzanine on Freedom - far from the stage.

I can't answer anything about upgraded soap because I didn't even notice. We have a bag we pack for travelling which includes all toiletries, over the counter meds, sun screen, etc.

The benefit of the CL is free drinks / hors d'oeuvres and great conversation between 4:30 and 8pm. You also have access to latte and cappuccino every morning. If you have access to the Diamond Lounge, you get the same thing up there, but the CL is far more comfortable seating and less crowded.

We did have robes, but since we are Diamond, I don't know if they were part of the room, or because we were Diamond, we always get them.

If there is anything else, please ask.

I reserved our cabana long long ago, I do not believe you can do that anymore. If you contact the Concierge the first day, he will book it for you, and he controls who gets what. Suite holders have first priority on cabana's before they are available to standard rooms. The Concierge also determines the list of who is in what one. We had a special request for a particular one we like, and he made sure we had it. The cost ranges and is cheaper for those with Suites from those with standard cabins. Also a price difference for over water vs. on the beach. We prefer over deep water where we can dive in from the top of the ladder / rock. Also like being at the end where it is a little more private and quiet. The upgraded BBQ is also a plus, steak, shrimp, and ribs in addition to the standard burgers, dogs, and chicken.

The gold keys are only for the 2 people in the room. Since we were with a wedding party and there were 6 of us total as a group booking, the concierge already knew that and invited the entire family to the lounge as long as we didn't all show up together every night. The reserved seating in the theater really only applied to 2 of us with the gold keys, but we were recognized as a group by those we met and talked with in the lounge, so there was never a question. We also only used that seating twice, we preferred to be down front. The reserved seating is center mezzanine on Freedom - far from the stage.

I can't answer anything about upgraded soap because I didn't even notice. We have a bag we pack for travelling which includes all toiletries, over the counter meds, sun screen, etc.

The benefit of the CL is free drinks / hors d'oeuvres and great conversation between 4:30 and 8pm. You also have access to latte and cappuccino every morning. If you have access to the Diamond Lounge, you get the same thing up there, but the CL is far more comfortable seating and less crowded.

We did have robes, but since we are Diamond, I don't know if they were part of the room, or because we were Diamond, we always get them.

If there is anything else, please ask.

Thank you so much for all this great information! I have been waiting for something current. I have to say, the attraction is definitely the CL. We needed 5 cruise points to make diamond, so we decided to just take a cheapie before our 10 day next year. What could be better? Except maybe the banging door. I am a light sleeper.

The banging door lives on. :eek:

We stayed in this room on Freedom in Oct 2014.

There are actually THREE doors.

1) Is the door mentioned in the previous post on deck 5. It is on the left as you walk into Ben&Jerry's near the interior of the promenade. It sounds like it is below you near the sofa.

2) Is a door on deck 6 from the passenger hallway to an crew elevator and stairway that is behind this room (on the side of the bed your pillow is on). That door really slams HARD, because it is a restricted area to guests. This is how crew are getting from deck 6 to 5 at night because they are using the stairs in the middle of the hallway. This door latches at the point where the bathroom wall and the bed meet in the stateroom. If you are in bed, this door sounds like someone hitting the wall above your head with a basketball.

3) Is a door on deck 6 near the cows that goes out to the walkway where they do the dancing during the party night. This door isn't used as much and isn't that bad because it is further out near the windows.

I suspect your problems will be directly related to what the crew do on your specific cruise. This may be a non issue, or a rather annoying one. Hard to tell.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

From my previous post, three doors.

1 is between the words sundaes and banana splits.

2 is seen at the end of the hall about 10-15 feet behind the cow

3 is the door that is open (seen closed in post 6 in this thread)

ImageUploadedByForums1425096944.421020.jpg.e94056641e753965db86511c69f0c3e6.jpg

We stayed in this room on Freedom in Oct 2014.

There are actually THREE doors.

1) Is the door mentioned in the previous post on deck 5. It is on the left as you walk into Ben&Jerry's near the interior of the promenade. It sounds like it is below you near the sofa.

2) Is a door on deck 6 from the passenger hallway to an crew elevator and stairway that is behind this room (on the side of the bed your pillow is on). That door really slams HARD, because it is a restricted area to guests. This is how crew are getting from deck 6 to 5 at night because they are using the stairs in the middle of the hallway. This door latches at the point where the bathroom wall and the bed meet in the stateroom. If you are in bed, this door sounds like someone hitting the wall above your head with a basketball.

3) Is a door on deck 6 near the cows that goes out to the walkway where they do the dancing during the party night. This door isn't used as much and isn't that bad because it is further out near the windows.

I suspect your problems will be directly related to what the crew do on your specific cruise. This may be a non issue, or a rather annoying one. Hard to tell.

On the last night of our cruise they adjusted the tension of the closer on door 1 and that was our first night of peace. On a side note, our shower flooded our bathroom the first few days, that got us a 25% FCC. They did fix it

For our March 2013 cruise on Independence of the Seas, we booked it six months in advance. I was quite surprised to see it available then.

For our cruise coming up in a couple weeks on Independence of the Seas, the "Sweet" was already taken by someone else in the roll call when we booked the cruise, but they decided to switch cabins and we got it after they released it. We got it about a year in advance.

For our cruise in March 2016 on Freedom of the Seas, we booked the cruise in May 2014, but the "Sweet" wasn't available. Still, I kept checking and saw it suddenly appear in December, so I grabbed it quickly. That's fifteen months in advance.

How easy is to book this room?

Every dates I look it's taken :-0

It is easy to book. The problem is, lots of people know about it and there is only one cabin. If you want it, you have to book it when the schedule is released.