Ben and Jerry's suite Freedom recent cruisers?

93beachbum

How easy is to book this room?

Every dates I look it's taken :-0

I booked this over a year out. Seems that people who know about it, book it as soon as they can. One of those secrets of cruising on Freedom class. I usually book everything 1 to 1 1/2 years out personally, so that is when I would normally be looking. It is one of the first cabins to go from what I have seen in the past.

I booked the Freedom of the Seas for April 2015 in October 2013. Though I was not interested in the room, I decided to check. It was already booked. Take note of when the schedule comes out and book it then. Otherwise, it is likely to already taken.

How easy is to book this room?

Every dates I look it's taken :-0

We booked our June 2015 cruise back in May 2014 and the Ben and Jerry's was already booked, so I went ahead and booked a different promenade room. On a whim, 6 days ago, I was checking for a price drop before I made my final payment and just for fun I checked to see if 6305 was available and it was! This was less than 100 before sailing. I snagged it with a courtesy hold and then worked with my TA to get our room changed. Because the original room I booked was the same category, there was no price change. My advice would be to book a promenade room and then just keep checking...you never know.

For our March 2013 cruise on Independence of the Seas, we booked it six months in advance. I was quite surprised to see it available then.

For our cruise coming up in a couple weeks on Independence of the Seas, the "Sweet" was already taken by someone else in the roll call when we booked the cruise, but they decided to switch cabins and we got it after they released it. We got it about a year in advance.

For our cruise in March 2016 on Freedom of the Seas, we booked the cruise in May 2014, but the "Sweet" wasn't available. Still, I kept checking and saw it suddenly appear in December, so I grabbed it quickly. That's fifteen months in advance.

Did the banging door(s) noise bother you? I don't understand why RCI failed to fix this problem after years of complaints :confused:

Did the banging door(s) noise bother you? I don't understand why RCI failed to fix this problem after years of complaints :confused:

We had no problem with that two years ago. The only problem we did have was noise from the connecting room. (The occupants were arguing regularly.)

What sort of drinks are available in the C lounge? Frozen drinks? Mixed drinks? Beer? Wine? Or is there limited choices that are comp.?

Just curious, as we all know, the prices did go up on drinks.

Trying to put a value on this.

2 drinks a day, for 2 people, for 7 days, adds up.

Edited by Brandonclan

What sort of drinks are available in the C lounge? Frozen drinks? Mixed drinks? Beer? Wine? Or is there limited choices that are comp.?

Just curious, as we all know, the prices did go up on drinks.

Trying to put a value on this.

2 drinks a day, for 2 people, for 7 days, adds up.

Limited everything, nothing frozen either

Limited everything, nothing frozen either

Thanks for your response. Can you tell me a little more?

Limited everything?? Does that mean a limited supply or selection?

Can you get a Captain and coke?

I'm thinking there's not much value to this per your response.

Thanks for your response. Can you tell me a little more?

Limited everything?? Does that mean a limited supply or selection?

Can you get a Captain and coke?

I'm thinking there's not much value to this per your response.

Limited selection. Here's a sample drink menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44235491&postcount=12

We had no problem with that two years ago. The only problem we did have was noise from the connecting room. (The occupants were arguing regularly.)

Now I remember your post on another thread (maybe mine :confused:) about the loud occupants next door. Thanks!

Limited selection. Here's a sample drink menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44235491&postcount=12

I'm happy to see Jack Daniels, which was my first bourbon of choice. I don't tolerate Jim Beam all that well (which is what Celebrity offers).

I am delighted to join the rest of you in announcing that I have the B & J cabin booked for two cruises in October 2016. I had been checking for the real date I wanted it -- Oct. 2 of 2015, when Mr. B. turns 70. He's a cow fanatic. He'd like to be reincarnated as a cow.

So I've been trying for about two years to get him into a B & J cabin. I'll starting looking, again, for new availability from cancellations, now that so many of you found your cabins that way. I broke down and booked at 9 am of the day the fall 2016 finally became available.

And really, I'd rather have Nov., but that schedule isn't out yet!

Goodness, what challenges we cruisers face.

Anyway, thx for a great thread. Now to check out the others.

And to think that I really just wanted to be sure I have the cabin number correct. The agent I spoke to at Royal didn't know!

Oh, and Mr. B. loves ice cream, too. :D

Hope you both have a great time! Yes, we found that this is not that well known among TA's or even Royal booking agents. One of the big secrets - SHHHHHH, don't tell anyone. :)

Which tells you just how much these people actually know about the product that they are selling.

attachment.php?attachmentid=343750&d=1426853583

Edited by Cuizer2

It is a special cabin that the people selling the product should know about.

I totally agree! It's totally misleading and erroneous for an authorized RCI representative to assure people that the Sweet has all the amenities that goes with a full size suite like I was told. Not everyone who cruises goes on CC to find out the truth. :p