Suite and Non Suite guests

Awnie

You must show your suite card or black card for priority tenders. You will be embarrassed when you are told to go back and get a tender number because you trying to get a perk you didn't pay for or earn.

As for your elderly Mother in law who needs help, so do hundreds of other elderly people who shouldn't feel entitled to cut the line to the tenders. Age doesn't get you the perks that suite passengers have paid for. If you want them to have suite perks then just pay for suite.

Well said!

For goodness sakes - the OP just asked a question about Princess policy. From what I've seen on the other boards, the other lines all have different perks and different policies on whether those traveling with the suite guests can share them.

The OP was not saying that they were "entitled" to them, or that they expected them, they just wanted to understand Princess's policy on tender tickets.

It's a reasonable question for someone who isn't used to knowing how suite benefits work.

Thank you everyone for your responses. Actually I am kind of happy that the teenagers and the mothers will have to have breakfast without us. It will be our quiet time...hopefully our 10 year old who is in the room with us will like to join his sisters ;).

I was more thinking about the check in and tenders. Not so much for my girls but more for my elderly mother in law. She may require some support. I am sure it will all work out.

I suggest a wheelchair for your mother-in-law. And then ask that the party be boarded all together. With the suite, and the wheelchair, you should have a priority boarding situation.

We have always been told that unless BOTH are over 16, there has to be at least one adult booked into the room. I assume that means someone over the age of 18! Whatever happens, we are going to ENJOY sailing in a suite!:D

I have booked my kids in their own rooms when one was over 16. As long as we were also booked, they allowed my kids to have their own booking in their room once my daughter turned 16. That was 10 years ago so I don't know if they changed it.

Back when I had full suites, they didn't offer the breakfast in sabitinis. They did however allow my children to board early with us and gave them priority tender tickets as well since they were under the age of 18 and linked to our booking. The way they explained to us was that they were our minor children so it wasn't an issue.

I would check with Princess again about how your bookings are.

I would also check once on board on how they handle the breakfast. It doesn't matter what Princess tells you on land, it only matter what they tell you on the ship.

I have booked my kids in their own rooms when one was over 16. As long as we were also booked, they allowed my kids to have their own booking in their room once my daughter turned 16. That was 10 years ago so I don't know if they changed it.

Back when I had full suites, they didn't offer the breakfast in sabitinis. They did however allow my children to board early with us and gave them priority tender tickets as well since they were under the age of 18 and linked to our booking. The way they explained to us was that they were our minor children so it wasn't an issue.

I would check with Princess again about how your bookings are.

I would also check once on board on how they handle the breakfast. It doesn't matter what Princess tells you on land, it only matter what they tell you on the ship.

Thanks for the info - will check onboard! I'm not trying to get something I haven't "paid for" (and the same would go for the original OP). In actual fact, booking multiple cabins rather than all guests into the suite works out to be more expensive! Either way, was just curious what the policy was when you have one adult/one child booked into the suite versus 2 adults in the suite and kids in separate room. I guess I could just use the child's card - I'm sure I will look 20 years younger once I step onboard anyway!:)

It is sort of possible, but not on a casual, turn up and ask for it, basis.

What you need to do do is to contact Princess and get a quote for turning a suite and the adjacent balcony into a 'family suite'

Not done it myself but have met a family in Sabatinis who had done it and do not know whether or not the cost of the 'family suite' is at a premium to the simple sum of the suite and balcony stateroom.

I would imagine that the booking has to be in one name, and with one booking reference covering the 'family suite'.

Don't believe you can book a suite and an inside stateroom across the corridor as a family suite. They have to be able to be connected either by an internal door or by opening the balcony partitions.

Looking at my next cruise, on Island, which is more than one year out, I can see two instances where although there are very few balcony staterooms sold, there are two instances where midship suites and the adjacent balcony cabin have been sold, and I would imagine that these have been sold as family suites.

That's interesting. The last sailing I did with my mother, my husband and I were in a suite with mom in the balcony next door. Everything was booked and paid for by me and there was no question when my mom came into Sabatini's with us. From what posters are saying, there should have been some question because she was clearly next door. I'm very glad that we were all able to share that time in such a wonderful venue. The breakfasts are really wonderful.:)

However, I never talked to Princess about it being a family suite. I booked with a TA.

Having a balcony next to a suite does not make it a family suite.

The family suites are designated as such, exist on one deck of the Grand class ships, at the front of the ship, limited to two on that deck, and are connected internally. They are usually hard to sell because being at the front often makes it too windy to be on the balcony.

Often they are filled by Princess giving an upgrade to someone with two non-suite cabins so they can resell those two cabins and fill an unsold suite.

You are exactly correct. We were asked to upgrade to a family suite on one cruise for that exact reason. It was nice, but the wind was so bad we could not use it on the days comming back from Mexico north.

Having a balcony next to a suite does not make it a family suite.

The family suites are designated as such, exist on one deck of the Grand class ships, at the front of the ship, limited to two on that deck, and are connected internally. They are usually hard to sell because being at the front often makes it too windy to be on the balcony.

Often they are filled by Princess giving an upgrade to someone with two non-suite cabins so they can resell those two cabins and fill an unsold suite.

Yes, when I was upgraded on the Crown in February, that is where they put me. It is basically a fairly large cabin with an extended balcony, with a door that takes you into what is actually an interior cabin and was numbered as such (I had D105 and the exterior door from the second cabin is labeled D101). But D101 has no balcony, the only balcony access is through D105. And it is far forward and rather windy. Each cabin has its own bathroom, but I only used D105's, not wishing to make work for the steward.

Edited by Wehwalt

I suggest a wheelchair for your mother-in-law. And then ask that the party be boarded all together. With the suite, and the wheelchair, you should have a priority boarding situation.
That all depends. When boarding in San Pedro, I've seen wheelchair passengers held back from boarding until after full suite and Elite passengers have boarded. They then allowed two wheelchair groups before Platinum boarded and then other wheelchair groups before general boarding. They don't want a large number of wheelchair groups going all at once and holding up boarding.

That all depends. When boarding in San Pedro, I've seen wheelchair passengers held back from boarding until after full suite and Elite passengers have boarded. They then allowed two wheelchair groups before Platinum boarded and then other wheelchair groups before general boarding. They don't want a large number of wheelchair groups going all at once and holding up boarding.

Your are correct again. We just noticed that last week.

When we travled 15 months they had both Plat and Elite in the same area. Now it is two different areas. I guess there is getting to be more Plat. It was announced that there were over 600 Plats on our cruise. That is way to much for the original area. But that is the way they handled wheel chairs.