When Do the Decorations Go Up

sawtooth

We've cruised the last several years during the weeks before the Christmas holidays.

Our observation was that decorations come out slowly and progressively over the four weeks between holidays.

A few decorations in early December and more as you get further into the month - some new display or decorations almost every day in different areas of the ship.

It's the trip just before the holiday cruise when the last of decorations really appear, by the final day of that trip the ship is fully decorated for the embarkation of the holiday cruise voyage.

We have sailed twice over the US Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations were up before we debarked

Interesting. We did not see any Christmas decorations going up after Thanksgiving on our Hawaii cruise on the Star last year. And there were none when we disembarked on Dec. 5th. I guess as ASeaPrincess1 stated it must depend on the itinerary.

Edited by ar1950

not a fan of the Christmas decor

How can you not be a fan of Christmas decorations!!! Christmas is my favorite time of the year. House is decorated by the 2nd weekend of Nov. Love being on the ship in Dec and all the decorations are out. So pretty!!! We have cruised over Christmas and saw Santa and everything. Wonderful:)

How can you not be a fan of Christmas decorations!!! Christmas is my favorite time of the year. House is decorated by the 2nd weekend of Nov. Love being on the ship in Dec and all the decorations are out. So pretty!!! We have cruised over Christmas and saw Santa and everything. Wonderful:)

Maybe you wouldn't love it if you are Jewish or Muslim. I could see how it certainly wouldn't be for everyone.

In my experience, an outside crew comes on the ship on a port day after Thanksgiving and puts up most of the decorations. This is what has happened on my Hawaii cruises for the last two years. They get most of it done while most passengers are off the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums