Cruise Documents

johnsak123

It's not absolutely necessary, but in some ports you're going to have trouble getting into the building and through security without it.

You only need to print one page...the one that's the actual cruise ticket. They've always asked for and taken ours at the check in counter.

PS: I see you're on the Gem. In NY they have always asked to see our cruise ticket before passing through the security checkpoint.

Edited by njhorseman

It's not absolutely necessary, but in some ports you're going to have trouble getting into the building and through security without it.

Not exactly trouble (they do have passenger manifest available) but getting through in those situations just takes longer jecause they need to go through several pages of paper list in order to make sure you're allowed to enter. We did this in Tampa this April as we shared a suite with friends but they had already went inside the terminal before us and they had all the paperwork.

Not exactly trouble (they do have passenger manifest available) but getting through in those situations just takes longer jecause they need to go through several pages of paper list in order to make sure you're allowed to enter. We did this in Tampa this April as we shared a suite with friends but they had already went inside the terminal before us and they had all the paperwork.

Believe me, in NY, where the OP will be boarding the cruise, it will be trouble.

Believe me, in NY, where the OP will be boarding the cruise, it will be trouble.

It can't be because while strongly recommended, online check-in is not mandatory and hence someone might not even have access to their eDocs. Anyone could make reservations and later cancel them so reservation docs are worth nothing in that sense.

It can't be because while strongly recommended, online check-in is not mandatory and hence someone might not even have access to their eDocs. Anyone could make reservations and later cancel them so reservation docs are worth nothing in that sense.

You don't understand my point. It's going to be trouble in NY because they will attempt to deny you access to the terminal. They'll have to find a supervisor, who will have to check the passenger manifest and give you permission to enter the security checkpoint. You'll be unnecessarily wasting your time for simply having not printed out the one page you need.

You don't understand my point. It's going to be trouble in NY because they will attempt to deny you access to the terminal. They'll have to find a supervisor, who will have to check the passenger manifest and give you permission to enter the security checkpoint. You'll be unnecessarily wasting your time for simply having not printed out the one page you need.

You don't understand my point. I said in my original reply that they didn't let us in the terminal in Tampa either before checking from the manifest. It wasn't trouble, it just took a little time. If the personnel at the door in NY doesn't have the manifest on them, it's just poor management from the rent-a-cop supervisor or who ever might be in charge of that.

You don't understand my point. I said in my original reply that they didn't let us in the terminal in Tampa either before checking from the manifest. It wasn't trouble, it just took a little time. If the personnel at the door in NY doesn't have the manifest on them, it's just poor management from the rent-a-cop supervisor or who ever might be in charge of that.

I don't care of it's poor management or not...it's the reality of how it works in NY, and my posts have addressed NY, and only NY, because that's the OP's embarkation port since he's on the Gem. It's not relevant to him what happens in Tampa or Timbuktu.

Edited by njhorseman

OP: Just do yourself a favor and print the e-docs. New York is not the place to not have your documents as the security check will take your documents and some type of identification to check that you are supposed to be there.

Fyi: Each time we have sailed from NYC, I have never had a "rent a cop" but an actual Port Authority police officer checking our documents and they have the same policing powers as any NYPD Police Officer. We see the "rent a cops" afterwards as we go through the security screening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Hi All

Do you really need to download and print your cruise documents and bring them to the pier with you

I don't think they looked at mine last year

I think I just went to the desk and showed my passport to check in

Thanks

JS

Really?

OP: Just do yourself a favor and print the e-docs. New York is not the place to not have your documents as the security check will take your documents and some type of identification to check that you are supposed to be there.

Fyi: Each time we have sailed from NYC, I have never had a "rent a cop" but an actual Port Authority police officer checking our documents and they have the same policing powers as any NYPD Police Officer. We see the "rent a cops" afterwards as we go through the security screening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Excellent advice.

Have your e-docs in your hand and ready to be scanned. It will make the start of your holiday that much easier.

Have a great cruise.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

2014 July Breakaway

Hi All

Do you really need to download and print your cruise documents and bring them to the pier with you

I don't think they looked at mine last year

I think I just went to the desk and showed my passport to check in

Thanks

JS

NO, don't bother printing them, just take your passport as before.

And if they ask for them, just tell them no one looked at them last time, consequently, there's no reason to print them.

Let us know later how that worked for you. :)

Does anyone know if its a problem if I have them saved on my iPad? I did this when I cruise Carnival this September out of NOLA and it wasn't a problem.
I have never had a problem either with just having them on the iPad. Loaded up and ready to show so I don't hold up the line, just like at the airport etc.