will cab find the ship in PortEverglades

happytovacation

If I get a cab from our hotel will every cabby know how to find our ship in this mammoth terminal?

I'm staying in the Atlantic Hotel and does anyone know how far it is from the cruise port?

Thanks

Your hotel is approx 5 miles from the airport and again, about 4 to 5 miles from hotel to port. Tell your taxi driver to enter through the 17th st entrance if possible and avoid all the construction at the main entrance. The Royal is very close to this entrance and coming in from the main gate will make him have to drive all the way around.

Edited by Pia1913

If I get a cab from our hotel will every cabby know how to find our ship in this mammoth terminal? YES, for sure. All the cab drivers know the port well. The pier nos. are shown on signs as you enter. If your hotel does not have a free shuttle a cab will cost about $25 maybe less.

I'm staying in the Atlantic Hotel and does anyone know how far it is from the cruise port? Under 5 miles, but you could hit a little traffic along A1A.

Thanks

See above.

I come from a small town. Taking cabs was all new to me. No problems with the cab and finding the ship. They know where to go plus you have to have your ID ready when getting to the pier security and they usually ask what ship and tell the driver what number it's docked.

The drivers all know where what ship will be. Last Sunday (the 23rd of November) traffic was miserable. The usual $12-$15 cab ride from the airport was $34. We sat and sat in traffic and most of the traffic lights were not functioning. The normal ten minute ride took almost an hour.

The drivers all know where what ship will be. Last Sunday (the 23rd of November) traffic was miserable. The usual $12-$15 cab ride from the airport was $34. We sat and sat in traffic and most of the traffic lights were not functioning. The normal ten minute ride took almost an hour.

It would have helped had you know the Regal is parked near the 17th St. entrance.

For those reading this who are not familiar with the port, know that both the Royal and Regal will be docked near that entrance.

For those reading this who are not familiar with the port, know that both the Royal and Regal will be docked near that entrance.

It's also a big mess entering from SR84 and trying to go

to berth 2. In front of berth 4 is down to just two lanes,

and no traffic signals are working. Traffic is being directed

by BSO, and is slow when busy.

As you said, if you are going to berth 2, enter from 17th street.

they all know, but your hotel will probably have a shuttle (a van) that will take you there for free (tip the driver for lugging your luggage).

Reading about the traffic from others here, perhaps as Laurie suggested, you may want to check to see if the hotel has a shuttle. If they do, sign up for it when you check in.:)

Reading about the traffic from others here, perhaps as Laurie suggested, you may want to check to see if the hotel has a shuttle. If they do, sign up for it when you check in.:)

Atlantic Hotel does not have a shuttle either to/from airport or port.

Not all cabbies know where they're going - just a general area. Once we had to give directions to the driver for our hotel.. he got a 'little' disoriented! Once told, he spoke very loudly.. We all know where all the hotels are ! Not !!

Back to the question... there are multiple signs to direct traffic to all the ships - we've driven in on our own with no problem. Construction on the other hand can be a problem (but really only wasted time as the meter keeps ticking).

Many, if not most, hotels no longer offer free transport to the port.

Before leaving for the port last Monday, I used this link to check to see where Caribbean Princess would be berthed.

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webclient/public/publicmovements.aspx

On past cruises from Fort Lauderdale, we have always departed from "2" but Caribbean Princess was at "21". We stayed at Embassy Suites who wanted $8/pp for the shuttle to the port. Even being at the back of the port, cab was $14 including tip.

Your hotel is approx 5 miles from the airport and again, about 4 to 5 miles from hotel to port. Tell your taxi driver to enter through the 17th st entrance if possible and avoid all the construction at the main entrance. The Royal is very close to this entrance and coming in from the main gate will make him have to drive all the way around.

I read somewhere here that they were closing the 17th St. entrance. Apparently that hasn't happened yet? If not, will it be open 1/20/15?

We're booked in Holiday Inn Express on 17th St.

Thanks

I read somewhere here that they were closing the 17th St. entrance. Apparently that hasn't happened yet? If not, will it be open 1/20/15?

We're booked in Holiday Inn Express on 17th St.

Thanks

This is not true. Do not believe what everything you read here.

What is happening is that berth 4 is being renovated, and a new

parking drop-off area is being added just west of it.

Because of this, the street is being moved / rebuilt.

This is all within the port, and doesn't affect the entrances.

All entrances are open. It is still possible to drive

within the entire port, but slow because of traffic delays.

This is not true. Do not believe what everything you read here.

What is happening is that berth 4 is being renovated, and a new

parking drop-off area is being added just west of it.

Because of this, the street is being moved / rebuilt.

This is all within the port, and doesn't affect the entrances.

All entrances are open. It is still possible to drive

within the entire port, but slow because of traffic delays.

Well, there is some confusion for sure. The Port's own website contained special notices that the 17th St entrance was being closed, and that traffic from that area would have to use another newly built security entrance.

That special notice has now been removed.

Well, there is some confusion for sure. The Port's own website contained special notices that the 17th St entrance was being closed, and that traffic from that area would have to use another newly built security entrance.

That special notice has now been removed.

Most likely because it was very temporary. In the past 2 months I've been in and out of the port 6 times; all thru 17th St.

Before leaving for the port last Monday, I used this link to check to see where Caribbean Princess would be berthed.

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webclient/public/publicmovements.aspx

Thank you so much for this link. This site has not been working lately when I've attempted to access it from the Port Everglades webcam. Now it is bookmarked for future reference - Thanks!!

I don't remember specifically, but I thought the closure

was Eisenhower Blvd, from SE 20th St to Spangler Blvd.

This is inside the port. The closure would allow you to

enter from 17th street, and go to the convention center,

and berth 2; but not to proceed any further in to the port.