I Pad Classes on S Class ships

LuAnn

Has anyone participated in these and if so were they helpful? We just bought an I Pad Air this week...we had a friend's grandson "set it up" for us...but we have not had a "tablet" before and are use to Windows on our desk top...plus we are not very tech savvy! I think ANY info would help us!! :confused::eek:

Your impressions and experiences? Thanks!! LuAnn

Hi LuAnn -- You're in San Diego, I'd suggest taking a class or two at one of the Apple stores in town. They offer quite a few free ones. There are four or five in the county.

We got my dad one when he was around 88 or so. He signed up for a beginning class at the Eastlake location. I called ahead and spoke to the manager. I suggested that he may require a little extra attention. They had a private instructor lined up for him.

I don't know if it's changed, but I was surprised that the classes were so expensive on board Celebrity. We were used to HAL where computer classes are offered at no additional charge.

I'd also bet the the Apple employees are better qualified.

Good luck! :)

We have sailed twice with I Lounge mgr Richard who is excellent. When we were on the Eclipse he filled Celebrity a Central every day with his FREE classes and on our TA last month on the Equinox he had graduated to the main theatre which he packed every sea day. He is entertaining and extremely informed on Apple products and features. I am pretty tech savvy but I learned something new in every class from him.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have sailed twice with I Lounge mgr Richard who is excellent. When we were on the Eclipse he filled Celebrity a Central every day with his FREE classes and on our TA last month on the Equinox he had graduated to the main theatre which he packed every sea day. He is entertaining and extremely informed on Apple products and features. I am pretty tech savvy but I learned something new in every class from him.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on the same transatlantic and you hit it right on the head. Also, if you happened to run into Richard in the iLounge, when it wasn't real busy, he'd spend time with you and answer all your questions. Besides the Beatles tribute band, he was the best entertainment on the whole cruise.

We also did the cruise before this, on the Equinox and it was just as entertaining as the TA.

The classes were free! Imagine that. However, after the first class at which all the seats were filled, all following classes were standing room only. Word travels fast when confined on a cruise ship! If you didn't get there at least 30 minutes early, you couldn't get a seat. By the class start time, people were standing out in the hall looking through the windows and straining to hear. I spent one class standing on the stairs coming up form the library to the iLounge!

Our instructors were good, and often stayed long after the class to help folks. They were also available some other hours staffing the iLounge where they would sell Apply products and help folks with computer problems.

On my recent Constellation sailing, the classes were only offered in the theatre because of the large number of people requesting assistance. The instructor was great but the level of knowledge being delivered was far too basic to be useful for me. Also, folks in the audience kept asking the same questions over and over as if they hadn't been paying attention when the instructor provided the info the first time. I'd recommend going to your local Apple Store.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro