Quantum December 1-12, 2014

loupana

So glad to hear from you and a few others on this thread, that were also on the cruise had a good a time as we did. Only negative were all the negative people. I almost snapped in the Captains Corner, especially when the guy starting complaining that the toilets were too loud.

Hehehehe.........you gotta be kidding! LOL That's to funny!

Hi Christie, haven't seen you on the boards in ages. I remember you from the Explorer thread many years back.

Patty

Dinner at Silk was fantastic. Chicken Tiki Masala was my favourite dish so far, spicy just the way I like it...

15776731840_d224cc1a69_c.jpg

Flat bread with Thai Chili dip

We went to Silk on Day 3 and they had some 'Fried Wontons' in place of the Flat Bread that you showed. They were fantastic and we loved them. When we returned to Silk a few days later we were disappointed that they no longer had the Fried Wontons. Silk was out favorite restaurant. Liked Chic and Icon also, but Grande was a disappointment. Only went once to Grande and did not want to return. We really like this new Dynamic Dining plan they now have. Much better meals and selections.

I didn't bother the server for more info since they are being blamed by the Dynamic Dinning haters, like it was their decision. I for one am a fan, love the various venues to dine and the wide selection across venues. I know others are selling their stocks and the world is ending, so for them stay away from ships with DD. If you know you're going to hate it don't go.

I love the Dynamic Dining also. I am hoping the "DD Haters" make good on their threats to boycott DD. Maybe it will lower the demand a bit for Quantum class ships and as a result the prices may be a bit less expensive for the folks who enjoy the change. :D

It is a brand new ship, and just because we didn't experience any issues I'm sure their were a few mishaps that may have happened. From what I read from the first couple of cruises I was expecting the worse but as each week passes the staff is getting use to the new system and I can only see it getting better. We are planning for Anthem Next November 30th let the count down begin.

We only experienced a couple mishaps and they were related to the computer system.

- I had entered my credit card and the set sail passes indicated that. When we got to the terminal to check in, they told us that no credit card was on file. We had to go to the desk to give them the credit card to run again. After our first purchase on the ship, they told us we did not have a credit card on file AGAIN. Had to go to Guest Services to have them enter it yet again. This time it took and worked for the rest of the cruise.

- When we checked in for two of our restaurant reservations, they did not have them. They were on our planner on the TV in the room, but the restaurants did not have them. They got tables for us anyway.

I think that these are relatively minor software bugs in the new systems. The people on the first few cruises are basically testing their systems for them.... :)

A couple other things we noticed was that there were no "Drink of the Day" like other ships have. Also, the Daily Compass activity listing leaves a bit to be desired. Not all activities are listed. Some we learned about only by word of mouth and unfortunately some were missed because we did not learn of them till after they were over.

Lou - Would you mind sharing a bit about the "smart casual" dress code in most of the dining rooms? Are neat (no holes, etc.) jeans okay for men and women?

Yes decent jeans are fine.

Maybe I shouldn't mention this, I don't want to be torn to shreds....my wife worn nice jeans to Grande the first night since day one is smart casual and nothing was said.