Quantum December 1-12, 2014

loupana

Yes decent jeans are fine.

Maybe I shouldn't mention this, I don't want to be torn to shreds....my wife worn nice jeans to Grande the first night since day one is smart casual and nothing was said.

I'm sure she looked just fine. The first night is always a bit more casual, no matter what the venue, because luggage is still arriving in the cabins. But after that, from what I understand, the Grande IS a formal venue, so jeans wouldn't be appropriate.

'Smart casual' translates into 'not a bathing suit or your nightgown - if you'd wear it to a PTO meeting or out to lunch or dinner at Applebees, you'll look fine'. I personally like to upscale it a bit, but unless you look terribly disheveled or half naked, you'll fit right in, no matter what material your slacks may be.

KC

Just to be clear here. A smart phone with Android can be connected , right? I read somewhere someone said no. Kind of hard to believe when most phones are Android nowadays.

I want to make sure the people at home won't be charged when they answer back. Sorry I am not tech savy.

I am going on the this ship in Jan. I can't figure out what the water package is.

It says starting at $39.00. but gives little details just how much water will be included the whole trip. Anyone order this package plan ? Could you explain a little further then what is on the internet?

Thankyou for the pictures ....

I'm sure she looked just fine. The first night is always a bit more casual, no matter what the venue, because luggage is still arriving in the cabins. But after that, from what I understand, the Grande IS a formal venue, so jeans wouldn't be appropriate.

As I recall there was no restriction on jeans in the Grande. The ONLY requirement was that men had to wear a jacket (after the first night). As we were leaving the Grande, someone arrived to go in who did not have a jacket on. He told them he did not have one. They had spare sport coat jackets available for him to borrow to enter the Grande. He tried to get out of it by saying it was too tight. But they did not buy that and offered him a larger size.... He finally gave in and got with the program.... :)

We got a message the day we had our Grande reservation reminding me that a jacket was required....

Hey Tammy!

We were right down the hall from you guys! I was planning on taking my picture in front of your door, but then we had a FEW interruptions during our cruise and I never got to do it.

4 out of 5 of us got norovirus, or at least something exactly like it. My daughter, myself, and my father were quarantined for a day each, and my mother for 2 days. What an absolute nightmare. Let's just say everything I ate the first week was undone. The ONLY good part about being sick, lol. Oh well....it was an experience. We visited the Medical Center numerous times last week. And they visited US in the cabin, too, as we got so sick. What a nightmare! But I must say that RCI treated us so well, and the medical staff was wonderful. I was grateful for that!

Too bad we never got to meet anyone, as we didn't get notified that the M&M was changed either. Boooooo!!!!!

Thanks for the great review.

I noticed that 'Eggs Benedict' returned following the maiden voyage at American Icon and that was good news.

I was wondering if 'cold soups' ever made there way back into the WJ? They did not appear on the maiden voyage.

I really liked the 're- branded' Cruise Compasses from Quantum.

I notice that Devin Alexander's Divinly Decadance was the only specialty restaurant marketed daily in the Cruise Compass.

It appeared daily followed by the text "be sure to ask us about 'our' dining package."

I was wondering if anyone did ask? Was this the 3 venue for 20%, 4 for 25% and 5 or more for 30% offer available at all specialty dining or did this venue have their own 'healthy' dining package? I am guessing it is for all venues.

I really liked Divinly Decadence for both lunch and dinner and wonder how well it is now doing? It was very popular for lunch on the TA.

Edited by MADflyer

Thanks for the great review.

I noticed that 'Eggs Benedict' returned following the maiden voyage at American Icon and that was good news.

I was wondering if 'cold soups' ever made there way back into the WJ? They did not appear on the maiden voyage.

DW enjoyed the cold soups on Oasis, we did not see any on Quantum.

Just my view of the internet.

First only five computer for the the ship for people to us.

Second the system is a lot faster than on other ships however you HAD TO BE VERY CAREFUL TO ENSURE YOU SIGNED OFF OR IT WOULD US UP ALL OF YOUR TIME.

sYSTEM WHEN YOU COULD GET ONE WAS REALLY GOOD.

Thanks for adding the daily compass from your cruise. I find it interesting that the first day there was "Evening Attire" printed but nothing followed it and the rest of the days that part was totally gone. I would have thought they would at least add as a reminder what is required for the Grande.

I see they had comedy shows in the theater...it didn't indicate it was adults only, is that true?? Thanks.

I find it interesting that the first day there was "Evening Attire" printed but nothing followed it and the rest of the days that part was totally gone. I would have thought they would at least add as a reminder what is required for the Grande.

I see they had comedy shows in the theater...it didn't indicate it was adults only, is that true?? Thanks.

The evening we had Grande reservations we got a message on the TV message center from Grande. It was a reminder of the reservation and that a jacket was required for entry. This was on day 6 or 7 of the cruise.

The comedy show was not adults only. Not that it would have made too much difference either way. There were very few people under 30 on the ship. :)

The evening we had Grande reservations we got a message on the TV message center from Grande. It was a reminder of the reservation and that a jacket was required for entry. This was on day 6 or 7 of the cruise.

The comedy show was not adults only. Not that it would have made too much difference either way. There were very few people under 30 on the ship. :)

That is very good news. I'm happy that Royal is trying to keep the Grande formal as it was intended to be.

Thanks for the info on the comedian....my son will be happy that he can attend this show with us.:)

Lou, thanks so much for posting this review with all of the pics and info, we leave in 16 days for our turn. I just changed to eating at the Grande for the first night since that is the only night we can eat there as smart casual. Great info to know.

I haven't read your entire review yet so I am looking to see what your thoughts are on the other complimentary dining.

Lou, thanks so much for posting this review with all of the pics and info, we leave in 16 days for our turn. I just changed to eating at the Grande for the first night since that is the only night we can eat there as smart casual. Great info to know.

I haven't read your entire review yet so I am looking to see what your thoughts are on the other complimentary dining.

Enjoyed The Grande (just one visit to The Grande), just don't like having to pack formal wear for vacation. Having said that I thought about going back another night when I heard they would supply you with a jacket if needed, but we never did...

Chic (went here 3 times) was our favorite mostly because they had several items on the menu that were to our liking. We also had great service.

American Icon Grill (went here 3 times) they had some of our favorite desserts. Icon Candy bar and Warm Skillet Cookie. Service was good, just not as good as Chic.

Silk (went here 3 times) lets see if I can explain this without confusing anyone. This was our least favorite dinning room, but it had my favorite meal. The menu selection wasn't our thing, seemed limited compared to other restaurants; yet the one dish "Chicken Tiki Masala" was awesome. I've heard several other comments that this was a lot of people's place of choice. We had great service, but note some of the appetizers are huge and the one night we ordered 3 and could hardly eat our meal.

Not if, but when we go on Anthem I'll probably not split the free dining venues evently I'll most likely cut back a visit to American Icon and Silk and go to Chic and Grande an extra night. This is just based on our preferences and everyone has different tastes.

Diamond guest get 1 free hour or $29 off any package. Here is the kicker. There are 2 levels of speed. Same old slow Internet and the new faster speeds in a plus package. The free diamond member hr. IS AT THE SLOW SPEED. 1 hour of plus speed is $49.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Do the D free minutes have to be used all at one time or can the hour be spread throughout the cruise.

Great review and photos! Just wondering, are there no more Formal Nights now that there is Dynamic Dining? I usually order a tux for my husband so he doesn't have to pack any of his fancy clothes for a cruise but I don't recall seeing anything about formal nights on the compasses (unless I totally missed it). Thanks.

Great review and photos! Just wondering, are there no more Formal Nights now that there is Dynamic Dining? I usually order a tux for my husband so he doesn't have to pack any of his fancy clothes for a cruise but I don't recall seeing anything about formal nights on the compasses (unless I totally missed it). Thanks.

The Grande is formal whenever you go there. All other DD are smart casual.