Quantum December 1-12, 2014

loupana

Only a couple new items to report from tonights dinner, turkey dinner was very good. DW had the Buffalo Mac n Cheese again and the Pork Chop which I've already posted.

15806710860_12ecc2d036_c.jpg

New England Clam Chowder

15371724984_b541f3698b_c.jpg

Thanksgiving Dinner

15806707610_c8ed5ac26b_c.jpg

French Quarter "Coffee & Doughnuts"

15808240567_34f435f7d2_c.jpg

They did not have the Grilled Banana Sundae so they served Cherries Jubilee instead

Before I get to lunch at the American Icon Grill, let me just say the crew and officers onboard this ship have a lot more patience than I have. The questions at the "Captains Corner" event I just came back from were ridiculous.

VERY IMPORTANT: Lunch Dessert menu is the same as dinner, which means I can get my warm skillet cookie for lunch

And thanks again! Glad to hear the desserts are all available at lunch. I'm normally a very picky eater, even with sweets, but I would eat all 5 of those (though not cherries jubilee). I'm thinking maybe a dessert party in my suite one night may be in order! :p

Sorry to hear the questions at the captains corner weren't so hot. i always feel bad for the officers/crew when that happens.

Virtual Concert in Two70 tonight. SantaFe and the Fat City Horns, very cool concept really enjoyed it.

15372236834_968ec2961e_c.jpg

We were very lucky on the 3 night sampler cruise. We got to see SantaFe and the Fat City Horns live. They played for almost 1 1/2 hours.

One of my favorites at American Icon was the Ruben turnover, and the grilled banana sundae was so good.

Virtual Concert in Two70 tonight. SantaFe and the Fat City Horns, very cool concept really enjoyed it.

15372236834_968ec2961e_c.jpg

Loving your pics. Thanks so much for doing this. What time did they do Fat City Horns? Wondering if this would conflict with other entertainment around the ship?

Loving your pics. Thanks so much for doing this. What time did they do Fat City Horns? Wondering if this would conflict with other entertainment around the ship?

It was 9PM last night, they are also showing it tonight. I'm not sure of the time for tonights show.

Dinner is at Silk tonight I'll most likely have the Chicken Tiki Masala again since it was so tasty last time. If we have any different menu items I'll post them tonight.

If anyone is interested in the Cruise Compass for this 11 Day cruise let me know and I'll scan and post sometime this weekend...

I'd like more exterior shots of the ship in St-Martin (if you have).... I really liked the 3 you sent with the QoTs and the Celebrity side-by-side.

Those 3 pictures are now my laptop's wallpaper.

Edited by ERLEC

Lou, thanks for doing this great review, and thanks for all the wonderful photos (which have made me very hungry)!

We've just booked the Anthem's TA for next fall. At some point, I want to make dinner reservations, but want to schedule them around the evening shows. What time have the shows been on Quantum (I realize things can change on Anthem)?

Thanks, and thanks again for taking the time to post while you've been sailing. Safe travels home!

I'd like more exterior shots of the ship in St-Martin (if you have).... I really liked the 3 you sent with the QoTs and the Celebrity side-by-side.

Those 3 pictures are now my laptop's wallpaper.

Here are some random exterior shots from the ports we visited

15998200771_b4ecc8ab1e_c.jpg

15380544853_acb286174d_c.jpg

15377908434_721a2284d8_c.jpg

15999435292_735ffd10b1_c.jpg

15812892080_e7c04fa847_c.jpg

15377896514_03be30629b_c.jpg

Lou, thanks for doing this great review, and thanks for all the wonderful photos (which have made me very hungry)!

We've just booked the Anthem's TA for next fall. At some point, I want to make dinner reservations, but want to schedule them around the evening shows. What time have the shows been on Quantum (I realize things can change on Anthem)?

Thanks, and thanks again for taking the time to post while you've been sailing. Safe travels home!

Shows have an early and late showings. Times range from 7PM to 10:30PM. We had a couple of shows that were close to our dinner reservations and we went to dinner early and never had a problem being seated and served right away.

Note if you hear dinner takes 2.5 to 3 hours I never experienced that. Just look at the metadata from my dinner pics, you and can see we were served appetizers to dessert all usually in around an hour.

Shows have an early and late showings. Times range from 7PM to 10:30PM. We had a couple of shows that were close to our dinner reservations and we went to dinner early and never had a problem being seated and served right away.

Thanks! I should have included this in my first question -- how long do the shows tend to run? If we prefer 7PM shows and eating after, would you say 8:15 PM would be a safe time for dinner?

One final question -- is there a charge for things like the North Star, iFly, bumper cars?

Thanks again (and great new photos of the ship)!

Thanks! I should have included this in my first question -- how long do the shows tend to run? If we prefer 7PM shows and eating after, would you say 8:15 PM would be a safe time for dinner?

One final question -- is there a charge for things like the North Star, iFly, bumper cars?

Thanks again (and great new photos of the ship)!

All shows about 45 minutes long, except Mama Mia which is 2.5 hours.

No charge for all those activities, iFly may have a charge if you go a second time.