Quantum December 1-12, 2014

loupana

Southern Fried Chicken

Nebraska Short Ribs

15762895529_54c8af630d_c.jpg

Icon's Candy Bar

This dessert was heavenly and was like a peanut butter cup... best dessert I have had on a RCI ship in a long time :)

Another awesome day, we love this ship...no tech issues for us that everyone else seems to have...

FYI, I saw a camera crew with "Mighty Ships" logo wear on and I asked if they were filming for a new documentary of Quantum they said yes. I've seen other camera crews filming for commercials as well.

Dinner tonight at Chops

Pan-Roasted Jumbo Scallops

Just read about this on the Quantum Facebook group page. Exciting. Lloking forward to the episode.

Oh, and yes... Some people in the Facebook group are complaining about the camera crews being on board!! Give me a break!!! :mad:

Thoroughly enjoying your delicious looking meal pictures from Quantum, Lou. Can't wait to try some of these tasty offerings on our next Quantum cruise in February! :D

The Candy Bar Pie at American Icon looks pretty outrageous. What is the filling is it peanut butter or butter scotch? Definitely want to sample this while aboard.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

Just read about this on the Quantum Facebook group page. Exciting. Lloking forward to the episode.

Oh, and yes... Some people in the Facebook group are complaining about the camera crews being on board!! Give me a break!!! :mad:

There were two camera crews onboard. One was working on a commercial and the other filming for Season 8 of Mighty Ships. Lots of different attitudes on this ship, we have not had any issues with any of them troubling us. I was actually joking with them to watch out cuz I'll be photo bombing every chance I get...

15340376193_619232d1cb_c.jpg

We are off to Jamie's Italian again for lunch, what ever we have different from our last visit I'll post later...

Thoroughly enjoying your delicious looking meal pictures from Quantum, Lou. Can't wait to try some of these tasty offerings on our next Quantum cruise in February! :D

The Candy Bar Pie at American Icon looks pretty outrageous. What is the filling is it peanut butter or butter scotch? Definitely want to sample this while aboard.

Jonathan

It was Peanut butter.

Description from the menu

Icon's Candy Bar

Peanut Butter Mousse, Nougat Brittle, Caramel Drizzle

You should be able to get the menu off Royal's site. They had the menu for Michaels and Jamie Oliver's on there. Look under the planning section for Quantum. The dining info is there. Just find the American Icon on there. I know there are menus on the new cruise planner online. You can view them as long as you have a cruise booked. Just log in to your my cruises and navigate to the dining options.

Yes, I've seen the menus, however, supposedly the listed items are sample and not the official ones. On my upcoming Q cruise I booked American Icon for 6 nites out of the 11 because of the menu listed on the website. Some Pax have been complaining due to certain expectations. For example, surf & turf is listed, but yet not available and only available at Grande--that's the reason for my inquiry.

Yes, I've seen the menus, however, supposedly the listed items are sample and not the official ones. On my upcoming Q cruise I booked American Icon for 6 nites out of the 11 because of the menu listed on the website. Some Pax have been complaining due to certain expectations. For example, surf & turf is listed, but yet not available and only available at Grande--that's the reason for my inquiry.

They switched the menus around a bit before the 1st cruise - after the 1st cruise they posted the new ones online. Possible some of the old ones are still floating around (may be that their IT forgot to delete the old ones). In one location on their site they labeled the new menus as "examples" (which means any given cruise might have something slightly different). For example, on the current online menu they do NOT list short rib, but the most recent cruise DID have short rib on the Amer Icon menu...

They switched the menus around a bit before the 1st cruise - after the 1st cruise they posted the new ones online. Possible some of the old ones are still floating around (may be that their IT forgot to delete the old ones). In one location on their site they labeled the new menus as "examples" (which means any given cruise might have something slightly different). For example, on the current online menu they do NOT list short rib, but the most recent cruise DID have short rib on the Amer Icon menu...

Thanks, I'll peruse the new "examples."

It was Peanut butter.

Description from the menu

Icon's Candy Bar

Peanut Butter Mousse, Nougat Brittle, Caramel Drizzle

Thanks Lou. This dessert caught my eye when we were aboard in November but, the service at Icon was very slow.

Has the service improved at American Icon?

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Thanks Lou. This dessert caught my eye when we were aboard in November but, the service at Icon was very slow.

Has the service improved at American Icon?

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We've only eaten at Icon once so far but service was ok, I think we were in and out within 1.5 hours

Do you recall, what were some other appetizers, soups & main entrees at American Icon. Any other side menus?

Appetizers

New England Clam Chowder

Shrimp PO' Boy

Buffalo Chicken Mac 'N Cheese

Louisiana Chicken Wings

Reuben Turnover

Beet & Goat Cheese Salad

Yankee Franks

Entrees

Thanksgiving Dinner

New Orleans Gumbo

Roasted Flank Steak

Pistachio-Crusted Salmon

Chicken and Waffles

Dry Aged Steak Burger

Apricot-Glazed Pork Chop

Southwestern Fettuccini

Just pulled that down from the menu listed in the room, I don't remember that many options but will double check when we have our next meal there...

Thanks for the food photos and the menus. I am supposedly a picky eater and I am glad to see that I can safely eat in several of the complimentary restaurants multiple times and not feel that my choices are any more restricted than they have been on ships with a traditional main dining room. We were on Quantum for five nights and I never was at a loss to find things I wanted to eat and the desserts were uniformly wonderful. :)

Dinner at Silk was fantastic. Chicken Tiki Masala was my favourite dish so far, spicy just the way I like it...

15776731840_d224cc1a69_c.jpg

Flat bread with Thai Chili dip

15778001659_c785a25fe7_c.jpg

Chicken Egg Drop Soup

15778292017_3cd9137409_c.jpg

Vietnamese Tacos

15341736164_fb7d8252de_c.jpg

Shrimp Shumai

Edited by LouTheGlue

Appetizers

New England Clam Chowder

Shrimp PO' Boy

Buffalo Chicken Mac 'N Cheese

Louisiana Chicken Wings

Reuben Turnover

Beet & Goat Cheese Salad

Yankee Franks

Entrees

Thanksgiving Dinner

New Orleans Gumbo

Roasted Flank Steak

Pistachio-Crusted Salmon

Chicken and Waffles

Dry Aged Steak Burger

Apricot-Glazed Pork Chop

Southwestern Fettuccini

Just pulled that down from the menu listed in the room, I don't remember that many options but will double check when we have our next meal there...

Thanks,

Here are a couple...

15937065316_803f94b7fd_c.jpg

15343205343_f625607a78_c.jpg

15962172842_32885293b7_c.jpg

WOW! Thanks Lou for those amazing pictures! The Celebrity is so small beside the massive QoTs. That's what I'll saw in January when I'll be in St-Kitts on the Summit. We'll be standing beside the Quantum in there.