Quantum December 1-12, 2014

loupana

Was stopped today and asked to be in the filming of one of the commercials. I said yes since I thought this would be cool. Well they said it would take 30-45 minutes, 2.5 hours later finally done. All this for a free drink ticket, which I'll give to someone else since we have the drink package.

15781704210_9c7dc9fc40_c.jpg

The lounge chairs by the pool with little flags you raise to let them know you want a drink

Finally I see the indoor pool with the roof open...

15781696690_88bbedeba8_c.jpg

15968352892_86833020bb_c.jpg

15969010995_18f0078d6f_c.jpg

Just loving all of your great pictures of Quantum, Lou. That flag for dribks is pretty slick. I really love the indoor pool with the shutters open.

So excited to experience some quality time on the big Q this February.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

American Icon Grill again tonight, sorry there will only be one new desert since I had to have the warm skillet cookie again. Also note, I asked for 2 pork chops with my dinner. Pork Chop was thick probably only needed the one, they were also cooked perfect.

I took a photo of the menu since it differs from what I previously listed what was on the in room TV. It's hard to get a good photo without any reflections.

15970969915_f907d3ea8f_c.jpg

15784959479_06684f2818_c.jpg

Reuben Turnover

15783676140_62df48c06b_c.jpg

Yankee Franks

15783579848_65b608dbd8_c.jpg

Beet & Goat Cheese Salad

Awesome review and a stroll down the culinary memory lane from the inaugural.... Ah, the skillet cookie... [emoji7]

Has American Icon been the sit down lunch option each day or have they alternated venues? On the inaugural it was Icon each day for lunch and knowing that may help some folks plan their dinner reservations.

That flag for drinks is pretty slick.

About those deck chair flags for drinks. Here is how it works.

One speaks into the microphone on the flag the flag also has a internet connection to the robot bar witch mixes your and then sends you the drink via a drone. :D

Edited by derf5585

Awesome review and a stroll down the culinary memory lane from the inaugural.... Ah, the skillet cookie... [emoji7]

Has American Icon been the sit down lunch option each day or have they alternated venues? On the inaugural it was Icon each day for lunch and knowing that may help some folks plan their dinner reservations.

Same as the Inaugural, American Icon has the sit down lunch...(On Sea Days only, lunch was open on Day 4 because we didn't arrive in San Juan till 4PM).

Edited by LouTheGlue

Same as the Inaugural, American Icon has the sit down lunch...(On Sea Days only, lunch was open on Day 4 because we didn't arrive in San Juan till 4PM).

Thanks for the great review/photos.

Was Jamies open for lunch on Day 4 in San Juan?

Thanks.

Thanks for the great review/photos.

Was Jamies open for lunch on Day 4 in San Juan?

Thanks.

Yes Jamie's was open on Day 4 for lunch.

Sea Day Lunch (including Day 4 since we didn't arrive at San Juan till 4PM)

Windjammer Marketplace

Cafe@Two70

American Icon Grill

Vintages ($)

Michael's Genuine Pub ($)

Devinly Decadence ($)

Jamie's Italian ($)

Izumi Japanese Cuisine ($)

Coastal Kitchen (Suite with gold card only)

Port Day Lunch

Windjammer Marketplace

Cafe@Two70

One more question....

Are the Alternative Simple Tastes menus available for dinner in the complimentary restaurants as previously posted on another thread.....

Simple_Tastes_Menus- QN.pdf from http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2133370&highlight=alternative+menu&page=2

Thanks.

I have not seen them, if they do exist they should be handed out with the main menu. If I remember I'll ask tonight at Chic.

@Lou: If you can provide exterior shots from today in St-Kitts with the Quantum beside the Summit that would be great as well. I'm not sure if there's others ships in St-Kitts today other than the Summit and the QoTs.

Does the Q have the "Tutti Salad Buffet" on sea days and where?

@Lou: If you can provide exterior shots from today in St-Kitts with the Quantum beside the Summit that would be great as well. I'm not sure if there's others ships in St-Kitts today other than the Summit and the QoTs.

Ah nevermind, I just checked on MarineTraffic and the Summit isn't docked beside in QoTs in St-Kitts today. The Summit is using the old cargo port today.

Ah nevermind, I just checked on MarineTraffic and the Summit isn't docked beside in QoTs in St-Kitts today. The Summit is using the old cargo port today.

Here is a shot of the Summit

15976496765_07e34f94df_c.jpg

We are docked beside Jewel of the Seas

15356892763_86a6bf96d3_c.jpg

Will post a couple more pics later, haven't been off the ship yet...

Does the Q have the "Tutti Salad Buffet" on sea days and where?

It will be nice to know an update on this. It was missing on the TA.

While TWO70 does have a nice 'set' salad choice or you can instruct on specific ingredients, it is not the same and limited and not chopped.

Devinly Decadence has great salads to order for a fee.

My solution was a bit comical as I created my own version in the WJ. I never go to the WJ on other ships. I had to really move around the entire WJ to get all the ingredients I needed, but was fairly successful. They do have the basic salad bar there, but then some items were in the American, Antipasti, Indian, Sandwich and salad sections to make my 'Tutti Salad'. I did miss the chopping though. At least Q has the outdoor aft seating on WJ, so I could enjoy my creation.

Here is a shot of the Summit

15976496765_07e34f94df_c.jpg

We are docked beside Jewel of the Seas

15356892763_86a6bf96d3_c.jpg

Will post a couple more pics later, haven't been off the ship yet...

Great, thanks for posting them! Keep them coming... I like that!

It will be nice to know an update on this. It was missing on the TA.

While TWO70 does have a nice 'set' salad choice or you can instruct on specific ingredients, it is not the same and limited and not chopped.

Devinly Decadence has great salads to order for a fee.

My solution was a bit comical as I created my own version in the WJ. I never go to the WJ on other ships. I had to really move around the entire WJ to get all the ingredients I needed, but was fairly successful. They do have the basic salad bar there, but then some items were in the American, Antipasti, Indian, Sandwich and salad sections to make my 'Tutti Salad'. I did miss the chopping though. At least Q has the outdoor aft seating on WJ, so I could enjoy my creation.

Sorry nothing to report on the Tutti Salad, I have my wife on the lookout for it and if we can pass along any info we will...

Lou really enjoying the review. Just curious, how is the Internet on the ship? I know so far the reviews have said it's been dreadful so hoping for improvement before I report live from Q in April :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 via Tapatalk

Defiantly NOT dreadful. We have the premium package (not premium plus) and we've called home via Skype 2 times daily. We've done a Facetime video chat with our Granddaughter and we did a Facetime tour of the ship for my son and his fiancé. Uploaded some pics to flickr so I can post here, speed was fast, I'm more than happy with the Internet speeds I've been getting...

Another awesome dinner at Chic tonight,We've covered the full Dessert menu and almost the full Entree menu...we just couldn't eat anymore...

15793525407_e0e82dbec1_c.jpg

Beef Carpaccio

15978590372_c3e2f0842a_c.jpg

New-Style Caesar Salad

15791868968_ff698ab777_c.jpg

Crispy Crusted Chicken

15793245579_1c8c21a51d_c.jpg

Potato-Crusted Icelandic Cod

15791866018_ff1f441a88_c.jpg

Yogurt Panna Cotta