Quantum December 1-12, 2014

loupana

To answer a couple of earlier questions.

-NO Tutti Salad on Quantum, only on older ships.

-There is a simple selection menu that we were told is virtually a simple version of the main menu for people who need to get in and out quicker. I didn't ask to see it.

I didn't bother the server for more info since they are being blamed by the Dynamic Dinning haters, like it was their decision. I for one am a fan, love the various venues to dine and the wide selection across venues. I know others are selling their stocks and the world is ending, so for them stay away from ships with DD. If you know you're going to hate it don't go.

More great pics! Two questions please…

Do you know if the uploaded pictures need to be "glasses off"? A reviewer from the 11/23 sailing mentioned his had to be retaken, I hadn't seen that requirement when I uploaded ours. And we sail next week! Just wondering if that was a fluke.

What movies have been shown on the pool screen at night?

Thanks!! :)

Do you know if the uploaded pictures need to be "glasses off"? A reviewer from the 11/23 sailing mentioned his had to be retaken, I hadn't seen that requirement when I uploaded ours. And we sail next week! Just wondering if that was a fluke.

Neither my wife or I wear glasses so I'm not sure about the sea pass card photo you upload.

Movies this trip are:

Mom's Night Out

Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas

Guardians of the Galaxy

In My Dreams

Expendables 3

Edge of Tomorrow

Penguins of Madagascar 3D (Premier, in the Royal Theatre not the outdoor screen)

Edited by LouTheGlue

I sailed on Nov 23 sailing and I uploaded our photo at home. I wear glasses and there was no issue with my photo at check in.

...but did you have your glasses on in the picture that you uploaded?

Yep I had my glasses on in fact it is the same photo you see in my avatar here on CC. When you get your photo taken at the pier on other ships they do not ask you to remove your glasses

May be an inconsistent application of policy... My daughter was re-photographed (she wears glasses), but my son and I were not. Not that it was an issue for us, since the whole operation took only a few seconds. I had spent much more time getting them right at home. [emoji328]

Defiantly NOT dreadful. We have the premium package (not premium plus) and we've called home via Skype 2 times daily. We've done a Facetime video chat with our Granddaughter and we did a Facetime tour of the ship for my son and his fiancé. Uploaded some pics to flickr so I can post here, speed was fast, I'm more than happy with the Internet speeds I've been getting...

Great info. How much was the internet package? Did they have any package options by the minute (50 minutes, 100 minutes, etc.) that can be used anytime during the cruise?

Thanks.

DW did iFly this morning and loved it. We are in an Interior Virtual Balcony – category N #8133 – forward thought I would post a couple of pics of it. This is our first inside and I would not have a problem booking one of these again.

15937893442_cf75cb3a31_c.jpg

The dresser looks really poorly placed - was there room to go around it? Also, this may have been covered on other threads, but do you have the option to separate the beds? Based on how the wood where the lights are is not even with the wall, I'm not sure if that looks possible from this photo.

Thank you.

Yes Jamie's was open on Day 4 for lunch.

Sea Day Lunch (including Day 4 since we didn't arrive at San Juan till 4PM)

Windjammer Marketplace

Cafe@Two70

American Icon Grill

Vintages ($)

Michael's Genuine Pub ($)

Devinly Decadence ($)

Jamie's Italian ($)

Izumi Japanese Cuisine ($)

Coastal Kitchen (Suite with gold card only)

Port Day Lunch

Windjammer Marketplace

Cafe@Two70

For the regular sit down restaurants (not a la cart), how do the lunch and dinner menus differ? Does American Icon Grill serve the same dinner items or an alternate lunch menu?

Neither my wife or I wear glasses so I'm not sure about the sea pass card photo you upload.

Movies this trip are:

Mom's Night Out

Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas

Guardians of the Galaxy

In My Dreams

Expendables 3

Edge of Tomorrow

Penguins of Madagascar 3D (Premier, in the Royal Theatre not the outdoor screen)

Looking forward to the Penguins movie, hahaha! We were on board Allure when Madagascar 3 premiered too, fun!

Yep I had my glasses on in fact it is the same photo you see in my avatar here on CC. When you get your photo taken at the pier on other ships they do not ask you to remove your glasses

May be an inconsistent application of policy... My daughter was re-photographed (she wears glasses), but my son and I were not. Not that it was an issue for us, since the whole operation took only a few seconds. I had spent much more time getting them right at home. [emoji328]

Thanks for the info! Hoping my hubby and I don't need to do retakes, but I guess if we do, looks like it won't significantly impact boarding time.

The dresser looks really poorly placed - was there room to go around it? Also, this may have been covered on other threads, but do you have the option to separate the beds? Based on how the wood where the lights are is not even with the wall, I'm not sure if that looks possible from this photo.

Thank you.

It is a tight squeeze near the dresser but I can get by and I'm not that small. The beds do separate, they would just put the two night stands between them. I do like this room mostly because of the space you have in front of the bed.

No one has asked but I like that the TV swings out from the right side of the wall so you can watch in bed.

Great info. How much was the internet package? Did they have any package options by the minute (50 minutes, 100 minutes, etc.) that can be used anytime during the cruise?

Thanks.

See my first post on page one for internet options and prices

For the regular sit down restaurants (not a la cart), how do the lunch and dinner menus differ? Does American Icon Grill serve the same dinner items or an alternate lunch menu?

I think the menu's are similar we haven't gone there for lunch yet but plan on having lunch at American Icon Grill Tomorrow. We are going to Jamie's again for lunch today...

I'll post an update on the lunch menu tomorrow.

Thank you.

I thought the dresser was in a great spot to be honest. You get on the bed go to sleep, read a book, whatever.:)