3rd time's the Charm

IRL_Joanie

The little card controls the TV, the overhead lights, the bathroom lights, and the bathroom outlet. The other outlets, the refrigerator, and the reading lights are not affected. I checked, on account of having entirely too much time on my hands.

The little card controls the TV, the overhead lights, the bathroom lights, and the bathroom outlet. The other outlets, the refrigerator, and the reading lights are not affected. I checked, on account of having entirely too much time on my hands.

Did you look for paint drying also?;)

You're right; the "reading lights" on both sides fo the bed are always left on by the room stewards upon them finishing their turn-down service

Thank you both. I don't want anyone to think I'm fibbing now:D;).

:rolleyes: Your compassion & concern is overwhelming!

Have you actually ever met Joanie? We had the pleasure of doing so on the NA Collectors' Voyage 11/30 and she was so pleasant & friendly we sought her out often. She rendered helpful advice & assistance to several other passengers and always seemed to be surrounded by other cruisers who truly enjoyed her company.

Merry Christmas & may everyone have a blessed holiday.

Many of us have met IRL_Joanie & Crew News.....

a blessed holiday to you as well :D

I guess you'll have to book a cruise on the NA to prove me wrong:D. Every night when I came "home" the 2 small lights were on before I plugged the card in. I think every bit of power you don't use is a good thing, but that's just me. I do have my xmas lights on a timer at my condo on the balcony so I guess all might lights are not off (during the xmas season).

Cruz Chic...... I'm not trying to correct you.

I was asking about the bedside lights. In the two cruises I sailed Nieuw Amsterdam, I never became aware those lights operated without the card in the slot. I missed that feature. :o :eek:

Sorry if you thought I was doubting you. I was not. And, of course, there are few people I know who are not energy conscious these days. I think we all watch what power we might be wasting.

Edited by sail7seas

So having an emergency landing is a good thing:confused:.

In life medical emergencies occur daily on land, sea and air. Be it a cruise ship diverting for treatment of a voyager or an airlines making a detour to the closest airport for an ailing passenger, our thoughts and prayers are always with the one needing help. It may be an inconvenience for the other travelers but by the grace of God it is not one of us needing the life saving measure.

But think about this. Every time I've ever embarked on a HAL cruise, 19 of them at last count, the tv is playing as I enter the cabin for the first time, always on the "safety" channel; and I wasn't the one who left it on!! Have not had the pleasure to be on the NA, YET, but when one of the Sheraton Hotels in Orlando did something similar, I no longer booked that hotel. I'm probably like most everyone else, and don't care to return to my cabin/room to find it uncomfortable, everything turned off, hot, stuffy, whatever. But that was more than ten years ago, and fortunately Sheraton hasn't gone out of business due to my unhappiness. LOL!!!! All I ask is that the AC or heat be left on, depending on the weather; but they can turn the lights off, if they want!!

:rolleyes: Your compassion & concern is overwhelming!

Have you actually ever met Joanie? We had the pleasure of doing so on the NA Collectors' Voyage 11/30 and she was so pleasant & friendly we sought her out often. She rendered helpful advice & assistance to several other passengers and always seemed to be surrounded by other cruisers who truly enjoyed her company.

Merry Christmas & may everyone have a blessed holiday.

Joanie and I met more than 30 CC members during our two weeks on the Nieuw Amsterdam. It was amazing how much all of us had in common and how much we learned about cruising from each other.

IMHO It should be the objective of CC members to share what we have learned on this forum with fellow cruisers. Seeing new cruisers smile when you give them a few HAL cruise tips or invite them to a sail-away party enhances the cruising experience.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. May the New Year bring free upgrades, free wine packages, smooth seas, and new cruise friends.

Edited by Crew News

In life medical emergencies occur daily on land, sea and air. Be it a cruise ship diverting for treatment of a voyager or an airlines making a detour to the closest airport for an ailing passenger, our thoughts and prayers are always with the one needing help. It may be an inconvenience for the other travelers but by the grace of God it is not one of us needing the life saving measure.

Of course. But generally most people don't take to the sky preparing to have a medical emergency. I wouldn't want to put myself in that kind of danger never mind anyone else. You may be fine doing that.

Edited by cruz chic

But think about this. Every time I've ever embarked on a HAL cruise, 19 of them at last count, the tv is playing as I enter the cabin for the first time, always on the "safety" channel; and I wasn't the one who left it on!! Have not had the pleasure to be on the NA, YET, but when one of the Sheraton Hotels in Orlando did something similar, I no longer booked that hotel. I'm probably like most everyone else, and don't care to return to my cabin/room to find it uncomfortable, everything turned off, hot, stuffy, whatever. But that was more than ten years ago, and fortunately Sheraton hasn't gone out of business due to my unhappiness. LOL!!!! All I ask is that the AC or heat be left on, depending on the weather; but they can turn the lights off, if they want!!

I believe it's been said once or twice, the a/c does not go off. Does anyone like to be hot?

We'll make you an honorary inspector with a certificate! ;)

I'll make him an honorary of anything.

His is the best live thread in years. Entertaining and fun.

Most of all, a great sense of humour :D

Long may POA reign :D and the bear too of course:D

I'll make him an honorary of anything.

His is the best live thread in years. Entertaining and fun.

Most of all, a great sense of humour :D

Long may POA reign :D and the bear too of course:D

Here, Here...... :)

Maybe you might think about booking an -X- cruise on one of the ships with the lawn club and you could watch the grass grow?

Happy Holidays, everybody!

Of course. But generally most people don't take to the sky preparing to have a medical emergency. I wouldn't want to put myself in that kind of danger never mind anyone else. You may be fine doing that.

I didn't read where anyone was preparing to have a medical emergency. I believe Joanie stated "take a chance flying and having the plane make an emergency landing for me...".

With that being said there are quite a few people who cruise with higher risk health conditions that "could" cause them to incur a medical evacuation from the ship. I don't think they intend to put themself in that kind of danger, never mind anyone else, but they still go on their voyage. By purchasing travel insurance with medical evacuation coverage prior to the cruise do you feel that these individuals are guilty of "preparing" to have a medical emergency?

An emergency is is not an intentional act but a sudden, urgent occurrence requiring immediate action.

Wishing all a Happy & Healthy New Year!

Maybe I'm the only one but I really appreciate when people post their photos here on CC. I enjoy seeing them and whomever is willing to share them with us, I think it terrific.

I don't always feel like going to other sites to view photos I may not even care about. I don't go 'seeking photos' but enjoy when they appear here in a thread.

I have no clue whether Crew New is a professional photographer or not but I enjoyed POA's photos, Kazu's, Copper 10-8, VictOrian's, and so many other posters. His are no different than everyone else's.

Edited by sail7seas

Maybe I'm the only one but I really appreciate when people post their photos here on CC. I enjoy seeing them and whomever is willing to share them with us, I think it terrific.

I don't always feel like going to other sites to view photos I may not even care about. I don't go 'seeking photos' but enjoy when they appear here in a thread.

I have no clue whether Crew New is a professional photographer or not but I enjoyed POA's photos, Kazu's, VictOrian's, and so many other posters. His are no different than everyone else's.

I prefer that too. I find sometimes it's a pain to find what you are looking for on someone else's site when you are not familiar with it. That said, I do find halfacts to be pretty user friendly.

I prefer that too. I find sometimes it's a pain to find what you are looking for on someone else's site when you are not familiar with it. That said, I do find halfacts to be pretty user friendly.

Most of the photos I enjoy seeing here I wouldn't begin to think I was looking for. :D I almost never go to anyone's linked photo sites. I see them here or I don't see them. :o

Glad you had a relaxing cruise or should I say cruises:).

Wishing you a safe road trip if that is the way you have to get back, at least you'll get to do some visiting along the way. May all the roads be clear for you. Getting a lot of wind today, only a few snow flurries in these mountains but still hoping for some more.

Happy Christmas to you and yours. Blessings, m--

Edited by RMLincoln

Glad you had a relaxing cruise or should I say cruises:).

Wishing you a safe road trip if that is the way you have to get back, at least you'll get to do some visiting along the way. May all the roads be clear for you. Getting a lot of wind today, only a few snow flurries in these mountains but still hoping for some more.

Happy Christmas to you and yours. Blessings, m--

After two days of consultation with our oxygen concentrator folks, more than enough battery power is available to fly home.

I have become quite savvy on lithium-ion battery packs. When a tech person asked me if my batter packs had been calibrated, I asked where that was located in the Owner's Manual. The response, "Its not in the Owner's Manual but you need to completely discharge your power packs each month and recharge to recalibrate them" was irritating. I wonder how many other devices have similar "unpublished" requirements.

After two days of consultation with our oxygen concentrator folks, more than enough battery power is available to fly home.

I have become quite savvy on lithium-ion battery packs. When a tech person asked me if my batter packs had been calibrated, I asked where that was located in the Owner's Manual. The response, "Its not in the Owner's Manual but you need to completely discharge your power packs each month and recharge to recalibrate them" was irritating. I wonder how many other devices have similar "unpublished" requirements.

Now for a comfortable flight back with no delays to strain those batteries! More blessings, m--