Unhappy passengers in the port of Balt. This morning

Hflors

I got a call from my sil. They are scheduled to sail on Granduer today. They got to the port and were third in line. Someone came by and handed out papers saying the ship was delayed getting into port and boarding would be delayed for two hours. She said "ok no problem" They are in their car in line so they would just wait. A little while later one of the port police came by and told them they had to move their car out of the line and leave the port area. "WHAT!!!" My sil asked the officer why can't they just open the parking lot and allow them to park? He told them that isn't his decision to make. Then he told them. "Either move your car and leave the area or get a ticket!" The couple in back of them from North Carolina kept asking the officer where they were to go. So he tells her. "The inner harbour isn't far go there". She told him she is from out of state and doesn't know her way around. He just shook his head and told her to move her car. So now my brother and sil are in their car with another car following them around in south Baltimore so they would not get tickets.

Not the way for the Port of baltimore to try to expand business. And no way to treat passengers trying to embark on their cruises.

I bet this couple my brother and sil are trying to lead will have second thoughts about cruising from Baltimore in the future!

While I understand that the Police Officer does not make the decisions, a bit more compassion would seem appropriate based upon the post.

That parking lot is so large that unless both areas are filled with cars, I would think the newly arriving guests would have much room to park. (When I sailed from Baltimore, there was a lot for Carnival guests and a lot for Royal Caribbean guests.)

There is a definite speed trap coming off Northbound I-95 onto the street that leads to the Port. Certainly not cruise guest friendly.

The first time we sailed from Baltimore we were told we couldn't park since the previous cruise had not disembarked. (I will say our experience was better than what OP related - we got directions to some local restaurants.) It wasn't a problem for us - we drove over to Fort McHenry (just a short distance away) and spent a few hours there. And my kids didn't think we were going to give them a history lesson on that cruise....:p

Wonder if it was one of Baltimore's finest or a cruise port security guard. Either way my guess is that Mayor R-Blake would like visitors to the city treated with a friendly and helpful approach.

I believe it's the Maryland Transportation Authority Police who are there at the terminal. They're also at BWI and all toll facilities. Have read several stories about their stellar performance in dealing with the public.

I believe it's the Maryland Transportation Authority Police who are there at the terminal. They're also at BWI and all toll facilities. Have read several stories about their stellar performance in dealing with the public.

They are not well liked by many people who work at the Marine Terminals. They act at times they want to be modern day Rambos . I see them 4 or 5 at a time on the interstate doing a traffic stop .Really you need that many.

Even thought I don't agree with their tactics at times I do still respect them and the job they try to do as I know it's not all of them but a small minority.