We are cruising again !!

It has been 2 years since our last cruise due to my DH having health issues, finally after a lot of rehab and a lot less appointments etc we decided to try a short cruise to see how we go and this Sunday will board Diamond Princess for 5 nights.

Our Daughter and 10 year old Grandaughter will join us so I can see how it all goes with wheelchair assisstance to board the plane from Adelaide and also to board the ship.

On board he will have his walker and also a cane, I was wondering if anyone here has used a mobility walker on board or been with someone who has.

It all seemed a bit daunting but as it is now just a few days away I am just grateful that once again we can cruise and we are both as excited as if it is our first cruise again.

We have booked the Sun Princess in April so if all goes well with this short cruise with our Daughter with us we will be ok to cruise on our own next time.

It has been 2 years since our last cruise due to my DH having health issues, finally after a lot of rehab and a lot less appointments etc we decided to try a short cruise to see how we go and this Sunday will board Diamond Princess for 5 nights.

Our Daughter and 10 year old Grandaughter will join us so I can see how it all goes with wheelchair assisstance to board the plane from Adelaide and also to board the ship.

On board he will have his walker and also a cane, I was wondering if anyone here has used a mobility walker on board or been with someone who has.

It all seemed a bit daunting but as it is now just a few days away I am just grateful that once again we can cruise and we are both as excited as if it is our first cruise again.

We have booked the Sun Princess in April so if all goes well with this short cruise with our Daughter with us we will be ok to cruise on our own next time.

Welcome back to cruising I'm sure you will be fine, have just got back from a

Pacific cruise on Sun Princess, lots of walkers and wheelchairs on board,

enjoy your cruise.:):)

There are always passengers with walkers, gophers, scooters, wheelchairs and canes onboard any cruise, so I am sure you will be fine. Have you a disabled access room, as that will make it so much easier. I had to use a wheelchair on a recent cruise for a trip to medical and could only get into the chair in the hallway as they didn't fir through the cabin door (non-disabled access).

Bon voyage, hope it all goes well.:D

Izzy, I just wanted to say Hi:)

We were on a cruise and Rollcall together back in January 2012 to NZ, I think you did B2B?

So glad you are cruising again, and hope hubby's rehab is going well.

Have a wonderful time on the beautiful Diamond Princess.

Chez

xx

Thanks for the reassurance and good wishes everyone, I'm sure once we are onboard everything will be fine so now it's time to get the suitcases out.

Yes we were on the Diamond with you Chez and we stayed on and did the return to Sydney, you have a good memory, wow that was almost three years ago, where does the time go.

Thanks for the reassurance and good wishes everyone, I'm sure once we are onboard everything will be fine so now it's time to get the suitcases out.

Yes we were on the Diamond with you Chez and we stayed on and did the return to Sydney, you have a good memory, wow that was almost three years ago, where does the time go.

I know, time has flown!

I remember because you were chatting to my sister asking if it was me, we look very similar!

Take care and enjoy your cruise:)

Chez

xx

Oh I forgot to say, good luck and enjoy. We've just gone 5 years without a holiday for the same reason and are so looking forward to our upcoming cruise.

Have a wonderful time - enjoy - not long for you to wait now. Same to you Izabelle - have a blast :D

I travel with my almost 90yo Dad with a walker. His is a flash one and fairly big.

Everyone is great with it.

We take it to the boarding gate at the airport. They take it and put it under the plane and he uses a stick. When on the plane askt eh staff to organise a 'people mover'.

On the ship the walker is great.

In the dinning room, once he is seated a staff member will whisk it away then bring it back.

In rough weather Dad is the steadiest person on the ship :D

He will love the trip.

Raina

Home now but thanks again for the good wishes....Everything went very well with Hubby using his walker for the flight and also using it on board, I was worried about cruising again because of DH mobility but he found it ok, apart from walking straight into the cabin as the doorway wasn't quite wide enough but we worked out the best way to get it in and all was good.

The ship was wonderful as always, the makeover it had recently made it even nicer, Japanese Baths are stunning, we didnt try them but had a look at them. The Horizon Court is set out differently with a seperate pastry area.

One thing that we really noticed was the age demographic, this was our 4th cruise on Diamond and we never really noticed many children before, we were chatting to Luke one of the Entertainment staff and he told us there were just over 300 children onboard and the average age overall was 52, one of the youngest averages the ship had ever had, the 28 nights before our cruise had 3 people over 100 and average was 72.

We really enjoyed the cruise and Daughter (43) and Grandaughter (10) couldnt keep up with all the activities, they had catered very well for all ages.

So after not cruising for 2 years with DH health and doing this short one as a test I can say that on Monday I will be confirming with our TA that we will definitely be cruising again 1st April on Sun Princess.