Explorer entering Port Canaveral

Eaton,

I hope you had a wonderful cruise! I have a quick question. Where did people park that drove to the terminal when you boarded? I presume you used CT-10 to embark. Just wondering how they are handling getting people to their cars for the ride home. We sail on Explorer December 23-27, 2014.

Thanks for that info.

We are getting off the Freedom on Jan 4 and getting on the Explorer the same day. RCCL told me they were BOTH sailing from Terminal 10 :eek:. They said Freedom will let passengers off - re board passengers and leave , then Explorer will dock and do the same .... :eek: again. I explained that both get in and leave about the same time and that is impossible! Then they put me on hold and tell me to call the port! The port tells that Explorer will be at the new terminal which will open on December - but the parking lot may not be completed. I ask where do I park? - they tell me they do not know yet. :eek: a third time! The port also told me that if I parked my car at Freedom parking lot and returned to a different terminal after the EXPLORER, that the FREEDOM lot may not be open for me to get my car :eek: for the 4th time!

Not sure anyone knows anything so we are using an off site parking service. They will likely know where to drop and pick us up.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

We are also on the 12/23/14 Explorer cruise, I was told by someone that if there is only one RCCL ship in port it will return to the terminal it left from. I guess that is not true because Explorer left from terminal 10 and returned to terminal 6 and is the only RCCL ship in port today. Guess we won't know until the 27th when we return. I do know we are scheduled to leave from terminal 10

tm,

I read somewhere that Carnival has two ships in Port Canaveral every other Saturday and one of them uses CT-10. Hopefully Eaton can advise us about today. Then hope that parking will be handled the same way in two weeks.

All, sorry I cannot solve the mystery of future parking, I got dropped off and picked up by a friend.

We were notified by letter on or about Day 6 (in the Compass Day 7) of the terminal change. No reason given, just that there would be shuttles back to the 10 garage.

I can tell you this much...people parked at 10, going under the aforementioned theory of "If only one RCI in port, then..."

Regarding the Carnival theory, yes, one of the other ships today was a Carnival

Regarding the off site theory, I did speak to numerous people on this trip who lived fairly close, but either stayed at a hotel the night before and got a room, breakfast, and parking for less then the $150.00 it would cost in the garage for 9 days, or parked at one of the satellite lots.

Perhaps someone who actually went through the process today this will report back.

I will be going in Feb. on a 5 day, but driving, so I'll be following this new terminal completion, parking issue drama. Thanks in advance for your reports!

Well that kinda dispells the theory that if there is only one RCCL ship in port on a given day it will return to terminal 10

They told us that due to the large number of wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, etc., that terminal 6 was better suited to disembarkation.

We sailed from CT#10 on the Explorer November 15 and returned to CT#6. Passengers were told by RCI that a free shuttle would be provided to get them to their cars. We took a taxi home so I cannot tell you how well that worked - perhaps someone else who used their service can chime in. As far as I know, the CT#1 parking garage was used during the recent Port Canaveral Art Show over Thanksgiving weekend. It was full of cars - not sure why they'd tell you parking is not ready??

Just got off the phone with RCCL and they " assured " me that the 12/23/14 sailing of the Explorer will be leaving and returning to terminal 10. I just don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling that will happen.

That's exactly what they told us for the 12/4 cruise that left T10 and returned to T6.

That's exactly what they told us for the 12/4 cruise that left T10 and returned to T6.

I was thinking of trying to get ahead of it and park my car at terminal #6 before we left, with my luck the damn ship will come back to terminal #10 like they said.

I was thinking of trying to get ahead of it and park my car at terminal #6 before we left, with my luck the damn ship will come back to terminal #10 like they said.

Maybe use one of the offsite parking venues?

Maybe use one of the offsite parking venues?

That is another option, however i am one of those that like to go when i want to go. Not sure that will happen this time. Well, I guess I will just have to book another cruise when Terminal #1 opens so I can see what it is like.

They told us that due to the large number of wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, etc., that terminal 6 was better suited to disembarkation.
That makes sense as there were lots of them on the cruise.

We were pleasantly surprised at how orderly the bus transfer from Terminal 6 to the Parking Garage for Terminal 10 was. RCI used large buses with lots of room for luggage underneath.

Seemed like there was a lack of porters at Terminal 6. When we have docked at Terminal 10 for disembarkation from FR, there were loads of porters.