Explore4 and chocolate shop on Westerdam

DaveOKC

The Dive-In was a name and menu change only. No new plumbing or electrical was required so the cost of the upgrade was minimal.

IMHO it would require cutting the floor space of the Shops to add a Chocolate Seduction to any other ship. With its limited hours, the income from the addition of a Chocolate Seduction, in a similar location, to other ships would cause a reduction of revenue. So don't hold your breath.

I think it would be a nice addition to the Explorations Cafe to combine both coffee and chocolate specialties.

I do not see an 'Explorations Cafe' on the Deck Plans of the ms KONINGSDAM. :confused: Has it been replaced/renamed the "Grand Dutch Café", located on Deck 3 Promenade Deck, directly opposite the 'Front Office'?

When we were on the Westerdam in April the chocolate shop was rarely open.

We had dinner with a couple of officers and mentioned how poor the location was. The only time we saw the shop open (all of one time) it appeared that the staff were actually hiding from customers.

What a waste.

Rockfan2:(

• 2 months later...
Yes chocolate seduction is only on the westerdam. I did try to use a second drink for 1.00 promo coupon on Black Friday at chocolate seduction and even though it stated valid at any lounge or bar they couldn't honor it because they didn't have a promo key on their register. I let HAL know on my online satisfaction that it was very disappointing.

This is nonsense, and (sorry to say) a tall tale by the staff waiting on you.

They could have made it happen with a little resourcefulness and effort.

Next time ask for the Bar Manager.

When was the Chocolate Seduction initiated? We were on the Westerdam in early-August 2013 and did not see CS or any promotion for it.

Rod

It was being set up in December of 2011, when I did a B2B on the Westerdam. I don't recall if it actually opened while I was still onboard, but it looked ready to go by the end of my cruise.

Yes, the location is very bad and that's a shame.

Kate

• 1 year later...
It's on Deck 2 on the way to the show lounge. I had to really look for it after asking Roger for directions. It doesn't show on the deck plans. It's tucked away in an alcove with some cafe tables/chairs.

Alberta Quilter, I was on the Westerdam during my March 2016 cruise and I don't think it is on deck 2. If I remember correctly it was on the way to the show lounge alright but it was on deck 3 across from the Hudson and Half Moon rooms just before we entered the Merabella shop. Can anyone else confirm?

Chocolate Seduction is indeed on deck 3. The hours are not conducive for say an afternoon snack. In April, the sea day hours were 8-11 am and 8-close in the evening. I never saw it open after late dinner so "close" might mean anything. Some port days it was closed altogether and on others it was open from 8-11pm only.

f9083ae33f388070d31997a2a240ab2b.jpg

We had the SBP on our March 2015 Westerdam cruise and used it in Chocolate Seduction for drinks under $7. I think I had a chocolate kiss Martini which was excellent. We purchased chocolates using our room cards. I have to say the chocolate malt balls- malteesers (sic) were very addictive and we made multiple purchases. The staff were great! We knew from our fellow CC'ers to seek it out and really enjoyed it.

IMG_0586_zpsf2dkiaiw.jpg

IMG_0595_zpsjs4pfs4l.jpg

IMG_0600_zps3km1ycfg.jpg

IMG_0607_zpsmsm6kz78.jpg

IMG_0608_zpsrrvdwuja.jpg

Yes, I had heard this Lizzie-fair point- and made a point to check the on location for hours of operation. They were open and staffed when it said they would be. To your point though there were times they were closed. I think if I had not been forewarned by cc'ers I wouldn't have had the positive experience I did. I think due to its location it's something that needs to be sought out unless you happen to luck in which in my opinion is a shame.

• 2 months later...
[quote name='GeriatricNurse'][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][B]I do not see an 'Explorations Cafe' on the Deck Plans of the ms KONINGSDAM. :confused: Has it been replaced/renamed the "Grand Dutch Café", located on Deck 3 Promenade Deck, directly opposite the 'Front Office'? [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

On K'dam Explorations is in the entrance area of the Crows Nest where the "library" is (in quotes as it is just a handful of references and not a library). Service there was great and the coffee was excellent. Just too bad it is SO far from everything - we found the location very inconvenient and the Crow's Nest lacked seating so we often couldn't find comfortable seating there with a view of the water. Pack a Starbucks cardboard carrying tray to make it easier to take a couple of coffees elsewhere on the ship.

There is good food in the Dutch Cafe but with the exception of their drip coffee we didn't think the coffee there was as good as Exploration's.