Brilliance Arrival In Tampa

Does the ship typically arrive at the scheduled time? How long does the debarkation process and customs typically take?

I am asking because I actually live in Tampa and plan go to work Monday Dec. 29. I can literally see the ship from my office building. :) The ship arrives at 7 AM (was not planning to take that as a leave day). If I can get into work by 10 AM I will be good.

As long as there is no fog, you should be ok. Living in Tampa though, Im sure you are aware of the fog issue and how ships can be denied entry into the channel until it clears. I sailed out of Tampa on Radiance back in 2011 and we arrived right on time. Seems like I was off the ship by 8:30 without self assist debarking.

Take a leave day! :D Who wants to go to work right after getting off a cruise?! ;)

Edited by ryano

Does the ship typically arrive at the scheduled time? How long does the debarkation process and customs typically take?

I am asking because I actually live in Tampa and plan go to work Monday Dec. 29. I can literally see the ship from my office building. :) The ship arrives at 7 AM (was not planning to take that as a leave day). If I can get into work by 10 AM I will be good.

Unless there's fog in the bay that slows her down, she usually is docked between 6:30-7:00. Debarkation usually starts by 7:45, and we've been on the road back to Orlando by 8:30 on most of our cruises out of Tampa. The one time we were fogged out of the bay, however, we didn't dock until after 2PM. I hope your cruise docks on time, because we're getting on when you get off :)

Edited by orville99

First time out of Tampa and we had Tag #1 on departure day. They called it at exactly 8:15am. While claiming our luggage, I noticed the long Custom's line for the walk-offs and there was a separate line for porters. We grabbed a porter and were in the cab by 8:30am. We couldn't believe it.

Hi,

we were boarding Vision in Tampa on the 6th of dec ........ similar ship the same port and probably the same terminal .......

boarding was slow because of slow and (late) debarkation..... I heard from others that ship was late coming in (fog) and they started debarkation at 9:15 am..... a week later people were getting off the ship at 7:15 .....

You probably be OK , but you know more about the fog ......

We got in line to self-embark from the Brilliance on the 15th around 6:30 am. Many people were already in line, but we made to our car by 8:05 am. Just get in line early and consider using valet parking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unless there is a weather issue, I think you can count on being at work by 8:30.

I've taken this cruise many times, before Brilliance the Serenade and the Jewel did this cruise. I've been at the airport, thru security and waiting at the gate by 8:45am.