Miami car service

Noxequifans

Next year (not that far away) we will be on a Miami - Miami cruise. We are looking for a reliable town car service (black car) for our Miami transport. Specifically, MIA to hotel, hotel to Port of Miami (POM) cruise terminal and then POM to MIA on return. We have had recommendations for Padrino and Worldwide but would welcome any that posters have found reliable.

We've used John Steele Car Service. They are very reliable but pricey. We just used them from Boynton Beach, Fl to the Port of Miami and return. John is a really nice guy and I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't do it that her would suggest another service.

Joan

That is cheap! It cost us around $35 from Miami Beach to MIA and we were just a stone's throw from the Julia Tuttle Causeway, so "straight shot" to the airport...

I think the flat rate is to the port & downtown only we paid more to Brickell area

I don't know much about UBER but have heard about it and have also read that insurance is a problem because the drivers are not licensed as taxi/limo drivers. Given the litigation that happens in the US I would not like to be in a car driven by an unlicensed driver. IS that the case?

Edited by Hambagahle

I don't know much about UBER but have heard about it and have also read that insurance is a problem because the drivers are not licensed as taxi/limo drivers. Given the litigation that happens in the US I would not like to be in a car driven by an unlicensed driver. IS that the case?

Only in places wher the cities or states have not required both licensed drivers (always) and insurance. This was done in Philadelphia recently and now all is well. There are always several parked and ready to go in front of our and other buildings around us all with LIMO license plates.

We also used them in Miami where apparently the laws are also applied.

We had a new, clean well driven stretch limo from the airport to the Intercontintal Hotel. They supplied the same to the port as a curtesy.

Edited by orchestrapal

Thank you for all the responses. We are still evaluating the firms for the most reliable service.

On the subject of ÜBER, there have been issues reported of lack of proper insurance. Also, I understand that in Miami they are not cleared for passenger pick/drop off at MIA.