Lines...QOTS

GOIN2C

Hoopster95,

I really appreciate your review on another thread. One of the best ever! Thanks so much. I just wanted to point out that you did show a picture of an amazingly long line at the bumper cars (post #81). That was shocking. Won't dampen my enthusiasm, though.

Agree 200% with ur post!! I too was on the Dec 1st 11 night sailing and had virtually none of the whiners issues I heard about from most everyone. I had a FANTASTIC time on QOS and would sail her or Anthem again!

Agree, we were on the December 1-12 sailing and had no issues. Loved it and can't wait for Anthem.

Hoopster95,

I really appreciate your review on another thread. One of the best ever! Thanks so much. I just wanted to point out that you did show a picture of an amazingly long line at the bumper cars (post #81). That was shocking. Won't dampen my enthusiasm, though.

Crap... Busted! :eek::o

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2137643&page=5

I truthfully forgot about this, basically the only line I bothered with. But at least it was fun watching and listening to the banter rather than very angrily waiting 1/2 hour at a dining venue or guest services :) (this is in reference to line-ups I've encountered on almost every non-Quantum ship at guest services and the beepers handed out at MTD with 20-30min waits also on non-Quantum ships as reported here on CC often) :)

Edited by Hoopster95

Just got off 12/12 sailing. I loved it. Other than the hour of traffic at the port I never waited in a long line. I signed up for I fly day 1. They do need a better system there.as flow rider rock wall and I fly check in and reservations are all done in the same place and the area is too small.

I got North Star tickets day 2 for day 3 not bad but by the end of the week the line was long.

Bumper cars day one walked on day 8 waited about 15 minutes.

Never waited more than 10 minutes for dinner since I had reservations.

Gave up on diamond club because it was always crowded so had my drinks in boleros and loved the quiet.

Had reservations for the shows so didn't have to wait in line.

Everybody waited for pictures for the last day but the line is always long on every ship I've ever been on.

Of course there is going to be lines when there are 4000 people and limited space on the new things like I fly. The only way to eliminate them is to charge for them so I would rather wait in line and have them free.

When I first started cruising Johnny rockets was free but you couldn't get near it now they charge and there is no line. And people complain because they're charging.

We found the best thing to do is bring a kindle. We figured all we were going to be doing was sitting down and reading anyways.

"The Cheerleaders"

Says the poster that has sailed 16 times ALL on Royal Caribbean !

:). BTW...Did anyone have a thick salt situation on their balcony??

I asked my room steward about it, he told me there were rough seas during the transatlantic.....A month earlier

There is usually a balcony cleaning on our weeklong cruises when we are in port, the chairs floor and table was covered with thick salt. Couldn't see through balcony glass. We were on deck 7

Hoopster95,

It all depends on when you are there.... We went two times to the bumper cars. Both times we only waited until the current group got off. We each grabbed a car and went at it. No waiting.... Matter of fact, half the cars on the rink were empty.... :eek:

:). BTW...Did anyone have a thick salt situation on their balcony??

I asked my room steward about it, he told me there were rough seas during the transatlantic.....A month earlier

There is usually a balcony cleaning on our weeklong cruises when we are in port, the chairs floor and table was covered with thick salt. Couldn't see through balcony glass. We were on deck 7

We were on Deck 10 (Dec 1st cruise) and there was no salt at all on our balcony or chairs. There were a few water/salt spots on the glass, but not really noticeable. Even though it was not really needed, about half way through the cruise they came along outside the ship with power washers and washed down all the balconies. Took about 3-4 hours for it to dry out enough to use.

A couple we met in the Diamond Club that was so fed up they wanted to leave the ship in Port Canaveral. Another couple was so fed up with the overcrowded Diamond Club they purchased the Premium Package. The Diamond Concierge told us they will no longer expand any club during the cocktail hours. You have your vouchers just live with it.

Was this the 12/12 sailing? If so we were right behind on the 12-1. The Diamond Lounge was mobbed on our cruise too but they allowed us to get our combined 6 drinks each night at most other bar venues including the DD restaurants. We're not big drinkers but it was nice to be able to pick up a drink on our way to dinner and maybe one afterwards.

We just turned Diamond on this cruise and we didn't know if this was a fleet wide policy or instituted for just our cruise because of the overcrowded Diamond Lounge. From your post it sounds like the latter. If so, that's too bad.

Sailed Dec 1-11... I had zero lines in every free dining venue. I changed my dining reservation on 5 of the 11 days when on board. I ate both early seating and late seating with friends I had met on board and linked reservations with. I showed up early twice by a 1/2 hour and had no problem being seated within 30 seconds. Just my personal experience actually being there at the various times and venues that I dined at.

The only lines I saw was day 1 as hundreds of cruisers panicking over their reservations inundating the dining venues. That did not need to happen. Most nights I think dining venues maxed out at about 80% capacity. The only time I saw a very strained staff and about 100% capacity was American Icon night #5. Dynamic Dining is made to free flow as you go. There were zero lines during the last half of the cruise that I saw in dining. Dynamic Dining runs exactly like MTD on all other ships... you don't have to book pre-cruise. Show up when you want or book the day of, just like MTD on all other ships in the RCL fleet.

Other lines were the stand by lines at the entertainment venues, if you were not reserved you waited as a stand-by until 15 min before show time... just like Oasis or Allure, nothing different here. If you get on the ship after a day at port and try to go the Cafe Two70 along with 100 other cruisers, yes, there were lines there at peak times... Cafe Two70, nor Park cafe on other RCL ships, can serve 100 people instantly just because you might be #99 at the back of the line.

I didn't see nor experience all this negativity on this sailing, nor did I get this from the very many people I sailed with and spoke to everyday. I am thankful I had a great cruise and sad that the OP had the issues he/she did.

I truly feel sorry for the situations you encountered. I still can't understand how such an excellent 11 days I had could transform into the negative you experienced the following 8. I feel that the entire months heading towards Q's first sailing was all about a wolfpack mentality of human negativity, it just bred and grew on this forum without any factual information from anyone that has even sailed. I'm definitely a cheerleader as you said above because I had a great experience. I can easily sleep at night saying without reservations that I had no issues as I had many witnesses around me who also frequent these forums, incl a couple of Pinnacles who have more cruises with RCL than you and I combined. I cannot undermine your experience on your 8 day cruise as much as you can't undermine my 11 day experience before you... unfortunately all the drama of many posters and the absolutely petty and ridiculous whining I personally heard and witnessed with my own ears has shut me down to having empathy (Cry wolf). If I had encountered issues daily I'd be all over this! I swear to you, on the Dec 1-11 sailing I had zero, nada, no issues. That's how it went down for me.

And then I read these reviews from your sailing:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2140045

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2140052

It looks like you're sailing on Serenade later this year. I just came off of Serenade in September in the Med and it was excellent, including the best MDR I've experienced in the last 2 years or so. I truly hope you have a great cruise :)

Here is a fellow December 1 cruiser who agrees with you.

:)

Lines and crowds, pretty much everywhere. Almost every time we were at the Windjammer, it was packed. Every time we showed up for dinner, there was a line to check in.

I just disembarked from the Legend of the Seas. (Funny, eh? Directly from Quantum to Legend). The Legend is the SMALLEST ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet. Recently renovated, but still the smallest. LONG LONG LONG lines at the dining room to get in. Near-hysterical passengers demanding their tables. Who woulda thunk it? :rolleyes:

Cafe Two70, always long lines. Northstar, lines onto the jogging track. Solarium, all the chairs were taken. Two70 a few times, almost no chairs left for more than 1 person. Pool deck, almost every chair was gone other than the smoking side (can't do it) or far at the ends. Even all the bikes at the gym were taken when I went up! I'm thinking we just showed up at the worst time everywhere.

You are not SERIOUSLY stating this as a QUANTUM problem, are you?????? :eek:

Like Hoopster95, I feel sad that others did not have our excellent experience. I am NOT a Pollyanna; I could list a few imperfections, but so what? Legend had plenty of them, too.

And like Claudio, I DO want to hear specifics from people. Not the OP's (edited: SWEEPING ;):p) generalities.

You are not SERIOUSLY stating this as a QUANTUM problem, are you?????? :eek:

Like Hoopster95, I feel sad that others did not have our excellent experience. I am NOT a Pollyanna; I could list a few imperfections, but so what? Legend had plenty of them, too.

And like Claudio, I DO want to hear specifics from people.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question. If you're implying that I'm saying that this is a problem only on the Quantum, that is not at all what I said. I was just sharing our experience on this one sailing.

As I said in an earlier post, I did not come on here to bash Quantum. Our trip was good, but there were definitely some issues. I relayed those to Royal directly in the survey and had no intentions of listing every specific here. But I was asked for specifics, so I provided some.

I'm not saying no other ship has these problems. I'm just saying that, in our time on the Quantum, we did experience them. Others may not have on the same sailing, but our group did.